Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurencio

That’s all nonsense though. No clubs is shooting up in value unless it’s taken over as a small club and grown. Reminder, only Chelsea in the history of football has been sold past the 1b barrier
Just excuses to stay on.
They are clearly motivated by money and are fairly greedy. They are Americans who tried hard to develop the super league and will have read the American analysis of the future of football valuation. They don't want to end up missing a potential golden age for football club valuation. Regardless of how far fetched you might find it, these are genuine concerns a sports investor would consider. Ratcliffe doesn't want to wait, or miss out on it either, cause we're shit, he's 70, and if he waits too long the value might skyrocket. He found the compromise, the Glazers earn their dividends and can take part in the valuation explosion analysts have predicted.

JediSith

The more you analyse the Qatar bid, the more it starts to feel like smoke and mirrors.

They used social media to push their future for the club. It seems like they tapped up certain ex players too (Rio, Becks) to push their so called vision.

That's not the way serious business people operate.

If Qatar were really convinced they could have either matched Sir Jim's offer or made an offer for full control that would have blown Sir Jim out of the water. They decided not too, so it's better for everyone now if we move on and forget about them.
I think if Jim’s bid was the Qatari offer and the Qatari guy did what Jim did. A lot of people who are saying “let’s move on” would be outraged.

L1nk

Lot of wishful thinking again. There is zero proof that Ratcliffe will now be given control of how all the money will be used.
Hell, we don't even know if Ratcliffe is any better than Glazers at running a football club.
Just as we have zero proof that SJ would be any better than the Glazers at running a football club, but you were all on your knees begging to become a clone of Manchester City. Seriously boggles the mind.

Zora

For someone calling on others to grow the feck up, you don't half write some bullshit.
Pot calling kettle black, much?

You’re having a right old hissyfit cause King Jim of MUFC has won.

Deal with it!

RedDevil@84

Just as we have zero proof that SJ would be any better than the Glazers at running a football club, but you were all on your knees begging to become a clone of Manchester City. Seriously boggles the mind.
By "you", do you mean me?

cyberman

They are clearly motivated by money and are fairly greedy. They are Americans who tried hard to develop the super league and will have read the American analysis of the future of football valuation. They don't want to end up missing a potential golden age for football club valuation. Regardless of how far fetched you might find it, these are genuine concerns a sports investor would consider. Ratcliffe doesn't want to wait, or miss out on it either, cause we're shit, he's 70, and if he waits too long the value might skyrocket. He found the compromise, the Glazers earn their dividends and can take part in the valuation explosion analysts have predicted.
I just can’t how only one oil state made a bid for 100 percent of the club right now yet somehow they can sell it for 8/9b a few years down the road.
There is no super league, if I remember it’s by actual British law now that we can’t join one. There is no golden goose out there that will nearly double an already double what we’re actual worth (crazy) 6b evaluation. We will simply be too big for anybody to buy.
I do hope Jim now buys us but it doesn’t seem as if any real money men who were at the Glazers presentation a year ago bought anything they said

Lyng

He doesn’t wind me up. His name isn’t even Mark. I actually find it hilarious how much some of you hang into his words. He reads the Daily Mail on a Monday morning and repeats it on his crap YouTube channel.

I don’t like any of the fan channels though - saying that, I’m not 16 years old so I’m not their target demographic.
He clearly winds you up. No his name is Brent. He took the name due to being in the Police when he started his channel.
Also I dont hang on to his word, I dont watch him because I dislike his style.
Your posts seem abit juvenile though.

Fts 74

I think we all need to just wait for the details to emerge from the board meeting which is scheduled for Thursday according to the Athletic.This constant back and forth on here between those who wanted Qatar and those of us who wanted Ineos/ jim is tiring now.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He clearly winds you up. No his name is Brent. He took the name due to being in the Police when he started his channel.
I don't think wind up is the right term. It's more as United supporters a lot of us are offended by his belittlement and blatant lies which do the club no good.

I nor the other poster brought him into the thread. Someone posted a United Stand tweet and I nipped it in the bud by citing their lies and lack of credibility. That's all.

Anyway we can draw a line and move on. It's good you don't bother with his videos at least. Better than me who can't help check what nonsense he comes out with at times as a guilty pleasure :lol:

MegadrivePerson

I think if Jim’s bid was the Qatari offer and the Qatari guy did what Jim did. A lot of people who are saying “let’s move on” would be outraged.
Qatar supposedly have the wealth to outbid Sir Jim but they chose not too. That's entirely on them.

The whole Qatar bid campaign has made them look a bit desperate and unconvincing.

RedDevil@84

I think we all need to just wait for the details to emerge from the board meeting which is scheduled for Thursday according to the Athletic.
I would be surprised if there are official statements that give some clarity. Hopefully I am wrong.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
No its not. They pumped the club value x2 from the sale rumor, sold minority of their now over priced stakes whilst making sure Joel & Avram still have most voting power.
They practically printed money out if thin air :lol:. Everyone had been dubbed
Said this earlier, it's amazing Ratcliffe (the amazing business person) was duped. He's basically handed them a dividend, they're laughing all the way to the bank.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Surprised the stock went as low as $15 in the last 12 hours (Pre Market admittedly) - I knew there would be a dip but not to that degree
I’m sure a factor in the valuation of the club by some shareholders was based on the scenario of Jassim taking over and doing a PSG. So it’s not that Ineos buying 25% of the club has reduced its value directly, it’s just ended whatever chance there was of an enormous, money-no-issue, cash injection.

Lyng

I don't think wind up is the right term. It's more as United supporters a lot of us are offended by his belittlement and blatant lies which do the club no good.

I nor the other poster brought him into the thread. Someone posted a United Stand tweet and I nipped it in the bud by citing their lies and lack of credibility. That's all.

Anyway we can draw a line and move on. It's good you don't bother with his videos at least. Better than me who can't help check what nonsense he comes out with at times as a guilty pleasure :lol:
haha fair play mate. Well that was probably what I was fishing after, the best thing to do is to ignore the guy instead of letting him annoy you.

Zora

He took the name because he saw an opportunity in exploiting naive Man Utd fans. He’s a Forest fan, it’s been proved a million times before.

Mark Goldbridge is his online persona and his registered business. There’s a reason why TalkSPORT hired him, he’s a master at creating online drama and it brings in the viewers hence more advertising revenue.

The guy is a very good businessman. He saw a gap in the market and now everyone is trying to copy it.

He’s probably a lovely bloke in ‘real life’ but he designed his online Goldbridge character to make money. He thrives off bad news and drama.

He doesn’t wind me up. Life is too short and I’m too old to care. But even if he did wind me up, so what? It’s got nothing to do with you.

cyberman

Why does Mark wind you lot up so much. He is just another fan channel. Most of them are people like you and me who share our opinion online, he just happens to have the biggest Youtube platform for doing so.
I rarely share his opinion but I dont understand what it is about him that pisses of so many people on here? He rants online on videos just like any other youtube fan channel.
To be fair when the first bids went I was watching his show and he clearly said he wanted the oil money cheat code. When he saw the reaction to the bid he stepped back a bit with bad faith arguments about not being sure about either bid but Qatar was Glazer out so he had to reluctantly side with them.
He’s an actor on screen

JediSith

Qatar supposedly have the wealth to outbid Sir Jim but they chose not too. That's entirely on them.

The whole Qatar bid campaign has made them look a bit desperate and unconvincing.
I have the money to buy a Rolex. But I’m not going to pay x 3 the amount from the grey market. Also the final offer was reportable $6.5b plus $1.5b towards the club. Astounding how people don’t realise how much we’ve lost out on.

FujiVice

I have the money to buy a Rolex. But I’m not going to pay x 3 the amount from the grey market. Also the final offer was reportable $6.5b plus $1.5b towards the club. Astounding how people don’t realise how much we’ve lost out on.
Assuming that money actually exists.

jem

He took the name because he saw an opportunity in exploiting naive Man Utd fans. He’s a Forest fan, it’s been proved a million times before.

Mark Goldbridge is his online persona and his registered business. There’s a reason why TalkSPORT hired him, he’s a master at creating online drama and it brings in the viewers hence more advertising revenue.

The guy is a very good businessman. He saw a gap in the market and now everyone is trying to copy it.

He’s probably a lovely bloke in ‘real life’ but he designed his online Goldbridge character to make money. He thrives off bad news and drama.

He doesn’t wind me up. Life is too short and I’m too old to care. But even if he did wind me up, so what? It’s got nothing to do with you.
Where has it been proved? Unless you can show this, then you are guilty of the very thing you are accusing him of.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The glazers must be planning for something more than just dividends. They got 33 mil out of last financial year, thats 33 mil from 6 bill+ assets that they can sell. So 0.55% return. That's a fecking shit return. If its purely about dividends they would have taken those qatar money and ran away with it.

Lyng

To be fair when the first bids went I was watching his show and he clearly said he wanted the oil money cheat code. When he saw the reaction to the bid he stepped back a bit with bad faith arguments about not being sure about either bid but Qatar was Glazer out so he had to reluctantly side with them.
He’s an actor on screen
Like I said I dislike his style and ranting so I dont watch him. It wouldnt surprise me that he did what you describe. I think my main point here is just that people should just ignore him if they dont like him. Thats what I do. Dont waste time on someone that annoys you. The bonuseffect to that is also that he doesnt benefit from their clicks and views if they dont watch him.

Rojofiam

It turns out the biggest Qatari apologists in this thread all like Goldbridge...not surprised.

gaffs

If he's got sporting control only, he still doesn't have full (or even majority) control over the purse strings.

How this is hard to grasp for some of you is beyond me. Basically, look at Arsenal with Kroenke and Usmanov.

Ratcliffe and Glazers might get on well now but there's no guarantee these guys won't fall out in a year and then the club is stuck in limbo.

None of this is that far-fetched or delusional, it's realistic.
We don't know if the Ratcliffe / Glazers model will work out or not.

What do know for sure is that the current all Glazers model has not worked.

So, let's see what happens before damming it before it has even started.

MegadrivePerson

So you clearly don't want the Rolex that much then? If you did you'd negotiate a deal that the seller was happy with.

If Qatar have got $8 billion to play with it's incredible that they couldn't find a way to negotiate a similar but slightly better deal than Sir Jim did. If they've been out manoeuvred by Sir Jim then it doesn't say much about their business nous!

L1nk

By "you", do you mean me?
Whoever was begging for SJ..

Again, I wanted neither, but the SJ begging and subsequent meltdown has been completely shameless from a fanbase that prides itself on its club not being a soulless machine akin to Manchester City

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If he's got sporting control only, he still doesn't have full (or even majority) control over the purse strings.

How this is hard to grasp for some of you is beyond me.
Our absolute spend was never the problem. It was how well the money was allocated. To quote you - "How this is hard to grasp for some of you is beyond me."

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Twas me,
Ill recount the information I got and from where.

I was told by two separate people, just randomly people I know very well that are not bullshitters in the least.

Source 1, (April 2023) a family friend of mine. We were at a family function and id only met him a few times, anyway one of his best mates is someone who works in the legal dpt of INEOS. We got chatting and he didn't know I was a United fan anyway he just flippantly mentions his mate and had the following:

- INEOS wasn't stressed in the least and it was considered when not if that they would succeed
- They always thought Jassim was a bluff/not serious, he even said his mate thought he didn't even exist that's how unserious they took that offer.
- The deal had been worked on for 18 months prior to that point (April) the announce was way after work begun.
- The deal would be completed in October

Source 2, (July 2023) one of my very best mates is a very well respected and popular cycling journalist may know him, may not, he's written a couple of books. He was covering the Tour de France back in July and obviously has an in with INEOS cycling team. He didn't mention who but he said someone who would know and wouldn't be bullshitting told him the deal is all but done and will be completed by November, asked him about Jassim and his bid and what they said and he said INEOS has serious cash and was given the impression that they have more ready for the takeover now.

I may get more information, may not, who knows. But that's why Ive been adamant for months its INEOS and October/November, it seems like hear say but both people were not bullshitting and I knew it was happening when it was two completely separate people with solid connections.

I messaged a few people with the info and didn't get a response.

I can't be too detailed on the who the people are since id probably get scolded, most worryingly by the mrs.
Fair play.

UnsungHero

Monitoring the preparation of the Vidal bid
Lot of wishful thinking again. There is zero proof that Ratcliffe will now be given control of how all the money will be used.
Hell, we don't even know if Ratcliffe is any better than Glazers at running a football club.
You, like many others are just thinking that money = success. Not true.

The Glazers have spent a fortune on the team and look at the state of it. We could have spent 1/3 of that wisely and been in a much better position.

The Qatari's were putting forward a faceless nobody as the club buyer, someone there is what, 3 pictures of? It's totally weird.

People are too quick to abandon their morals for some money, it's sad.

Ratcliffe is already talking about employing Michael Edwards, one of the best football operators. If he follows his lead, I'm fairly positive about it all. The Glazers are clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.