Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy_Cole

The issues of United since Glazers is we've stopped being a football club. the focus of everything has been the brand primarily. Even the personnel we bring in, all for Manchester United brand.

If Jim turns us into a proper football club again then he may make us great again.

SteveCoppellFan

The first ever Land Rover that was made was found in a field rusting away its final years until Ratcliffe purchased it and had it restored to being road worthy and then drove it for hundreds of miles in a desert to test it out is good enough for me.

United are like that Land Rover, basically in bits and in need of being restored to its former glory ... he's done it once, he can do it again !

As long as he eventually buys out the Glaziers too.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The issues of United since Glazers is we've stopped being a football club. the focus of everything has been the brand primarily. Even the personnel we bring in, all for Manchester United brand.

If Jim turns us into a proper football club again then he may make us great again.
This isn't true, the club has operated as a Football club and the brand hasn't been a particular focus. The issue is very basic the club has been poorly run on all fronts and the personnel we bring has nothing to do with brand.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The first ever Land Rover that was made was found in a field rusting away its final years until Ratcliffe purchased it and had it restored to being road worthy and then drove it for hundreds of miles in a desert to test it out is good enough for me.

United are like that Land Rover, basically in bits and in need of being restored to its former glory ... he's done it once, he can do it again !

LinkedIn wanker

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
This isn't true, the club has operated as a Football club and the brand hasn't been a particular focus. The issue is very basic the club has been poorly run on all fronts and the personnel we bring has nothing to do with brand.
I don't think I agree. If the Glazers really cared about competing at the top then they would have hired the best people to run the football side of things. Can you really say they have done that? We've had 10 years of Woodward playing real life FM, then we've replaced him with his best mate who has hired Murtough (and Fletcher? Still not sure exactly what he does) to run things. That's not the moves of a serious club.

I honestly can't quite get over how the Glazers have handled things. The money has been there for us to spend, it's just been mismanaged from the start. How can they allow such investment with no payback in terms of success? Where is the accountability? We could have been successful under them if the money was managed right, and they wouldn't have had such a headache with the supporters. It seems like everybody has insulated themselves with 'yes-men' at this club. The Glazers kept Woodward, despite his failings, because he would never challenge them. Then they replace him with another in Arnold. He surrounds himself with Murtough, Fletcher etc. There's zero accountability from top to bottom - and that is the issue, for me, with the Glazers. Things could have been a lot different for them.

Zora

The Athletic podcast is very informative.

Ratcliffe wants to turn Utd into a winning machine.

Anyone who follows F1 - he’s very similar to Christian Horner who turned Red Bull into consistent champions.

Man Utd are huge. Absolutely gigantic. We just need someone who is serious about football running the show, which is about to happen.

Oh and by the way - your saviour and hero, Jassim, wouldn’t pay the cash to buy us. Jim offered more money and has carefully researched the requirements to acquire the club long term. I’d rather have a strategist in charge than a state who might just want to turn us into a soulless entity like PSG.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I sometimes wonder what the point of it all is. Jim is going to wreck the club, Old Trafford will be turned into a rusty derelict car park, and once he dies in six months his son will dump us anyway.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I sometimes wonder what the point of it all is. Jim is going to wreck the club, Old Trafford will be turned into a rusty derelict car park, and once he dies in six months his son will dump us anyway.
"it's not about the money, it's about sending a message" - Martin Luther King

Zora

No white text? :lol:

Also, can I have Saturday’s lottery numbers please?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I know this is a joke etc

But on Athletic they did mention that one of his son is a huge Manchester United fan.

Nogbadthebad

Anyone who follows F1 - he’s very similar to Christian Horner who turned Red Bull into consistent champions.

Man Utd are huge. Absolutely gigantic. We just need someone who is serious about football running the show, which is about to happen.

Oh and by the way - your saviour and hero, Jassim, wouldn’t pay the cash to buy us. Jim offered more money and has carefully researched the requirements to acquire the club long term. I’d rather have a strategist in charge than a state who might just want to turn us into a soulless entity like PSG.
In F1 he bought into a winning machine, Mercedes.

They have done nothing but lose ever since.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

F1 is a good example, I’d be fascinated to see how he would get on if he took on a stake in a Formula 1 company.

Spoony

The People's President

Yeah Jassim wasn't that arsed whereas Ratcliffe was desperate to buy United or at least be in position to get his club. I think he'll do well. Sure it's not perfect but it's far better than before. Jassim can do one.

Brophs

The One and Only

Lest we forget.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
I cant help but think that Israel-Palestine tension played some part to this.Glazers being Jews would not want to take money or sell their prime asset to ME country.
Oh behave. I'm fully supportive of Palestine and despise the Glazers but this is nonsense.

They'd happily do business with anyone if they offered, what they deem anyway, to be acceptable.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I remember when I was working as a teacher and I gave the class an exercise where they had to explain what they wanted to do in the future, they were only 7 say they said common things one would expect like footballer, police officer, fireman etc.

However one kid stood up and said he wanted to be a minority owner in Manchester United. That kids name? Jim Ratcliffe PhlegmChe

Chumpsbechumps

The premier leagues owners test? About as useless as having a test to make sure there’s no slitheran wizards managing an EPL team so Voldermort can wield his anarchy in the league.

EPL fit and proper test for owners

Please answer the following question which has multiple choice options:

“Even if you have done the dodgiest and immoral crap imaginable, is there a part of you that maybe kind of feels a tiny bit sad that you just had to do all that bad stuff to get what you want in life”.

Please tick one of the following

- yes
- maybe
-not sure
- prefer not to say
- Go f**k your mother

Only one of these options will prevent you from being an EPL owner but please be aware you can appeal a decision even if you are declined an application.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Yeah Jassim wasn't that arsed whereas Ratcliffe was desperate to buy United or at least be in position to get his club. I think he'll do well. Sure it's not perfect but it's far better than before. Jassim can do one.
The fact that his narrative was more to appease the fans than the Glazers, tells me he wasn't being serious. And we still don't know much about him and have like 2 photos to work with.

Zora

In F1 he bought into a winning machine, Mercedes.

They have done nothing but lose ever since.
No, Red Bull have been unstoppable. Lewis Hamilton is still looking likely to finish second in the Driver’s Standings. That isn’t on Jim, that’s on Red Bull being so damn good.

And to make it crystal clear, I’m not pro Jim or pro Qatar. But a year ago, when there were rumours swirling around that Jim wanted to buy us, 99% of Utd fans I knew were very excited by it. But then Jassim came along and some fans saw us as the next Man City and fancied that instead.

Remove Jassim, who didn’t want to pay the cash - and we’ve got someone who is passionate about the club potentially buying us.

I honestly think one person has said that “Ineos will do this and do that wrong” and it’s snowballed as general opinion when as a matter of fact, none of us actually know how things will turn out. It might be a shit show but let’s cross that bridge IF we get to it.

Nogbadthebad

No, Red Bull have been unstoppable. Lewis Hamilton is still looking likely to finish second in the Driver’s Standings. That isn’t on Jim, that’s on Red Bull being so damn good.
No?

He bought into Mercedes. They haven't won since.

That is a simple fact. If its wrong, do tell me what mercedes have won since ineos got involved.

BobFromParva

Supports
Whitchurch Alport FC
People keep quoting city because they serve as an outstanding example of excellent business, sporting and community success.
I’m not a city fan, just a lower league football supporter who takes an interest in the upper echelons of the game, and I can tell you with absolute conviction that it’s only fans of the clubs who rival city (the dippers with their empire built on earnings from the mystery of gambling especially), the supporters of those clubs who tried to keep new investment out of football to protect the dominance of their cartel, who see city as having broken any kind of moral code.
And anyhow, the billion charges (as ridiculous as they are) are still nothing but charges and the only conviction they ever received under ffp was for being slow to engage with a process that had changed some rules that had been complied with but were then changed after the fact.

In all fairness, the Utd fans who understand how the system works (the vast majority of them, which is what makes this forum such a joy) don’t engage on the topic in the poorly informed way that you have because clever people who live in glass houses are clued up enough to not throw stuff, it’s only the occasional duffer who spouts your line nowadays mate.
And outside of the supporters of the cartel clubs almost all supporters see ffp and unproven charges for exactly what they are.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't think I agree. If the Glazers really cared about competing at the top then they would have hired the best people to run the football side of things. Can you really say they have done that? We've had 10 years of Woodward playing real life FM, then we've replaced him with his best mate who has hired Murtough (and Fletcher? Still not sure exactly what he does) to run things. That's not the moves of a serious club.

I honestly can't quite get over how the Glazers have handled things. The money has been there for us to spend, it's just been mismanaged from the start. How can they allow such investment with no payback in terms of success? Where is the accountability? We could have been successful under them if the money was managed right, and they wouldn't have had such a headache with the supporters. It seems like everybody has insulated themselves with 'yes-men' at this club. The Glazers kept Woodward, despite his failings, because he would never challenge them. Then they replace him with another in Arnold. He surrounds himself with Murtough, Fletcher etc. There's zero accountability from top to bottom - and that is the issue, for me, with the Glazers. Things could have been a lot different for them.
The bolded part isn't a thing in Football. Clubs don't actually hire the best people because that notion doesn't exist, they generally hire in-house or in their close circle.

What the Glazers did isn't even up for debate or difficult to grasp. They purchased a club that had a peculiar organization built around SAF and they kept that structure until 2019 with the support of the vast majority of fans and media. United never followed the logic of hiring the best people in Football(no one does), they stumbled on SAF and his brother and ran with it until they both retired. When we lost them we went back to what United has been without Sir Matt Busby or SAF. The Glazers had no ability to build or even know who to hire after SAF left, there isn't a single successful club out there that has seamlessly moved from the "SAF structure" to the most common and highly specialized structures.

The problem with the Glazers and in fact the problem with David Gill, is that they weren't competent enough to understand what losing SAF meant for this club and they didn't anticipate it. Instead they tried to maintain an impossible structure with people that were less talented or had zero experience in that type of structure(because nearly no good club uses it). That's a sign of incompetency, not one of someone that has an other masterplan especially since in Football a very large amount of your revenue comes from prize money, by failing to reorganize the club this supposed masterminds lost hundreds of millions for no reason at all.

TsuWave

What am I even reading in this thread right now?!

JPRouve

Scout
People keep quoting city because they serve as an outstanding example of excellent business, sporting and community success.
I’m not a city fan, just a lower league football supporter who takes an interest in the upper echelons of the game, and I can tell you with absolute conviction that it’s only fans of the clubs who rival city (the dippers with their empire built on earnings from the mystery of gambling especially), the supporters of those clubs who tried to keep new investment out of football to protect the dominance of their cartel, who see city as having broken any kind of moral code.
And anyhow, the billion charges (as ridiculous as they are) are still nothing but charges and the only conviction they ever received under ffp was for being slow to engage with a process that had changed some rules that had been complied with but were then changed after the fact.

In all fairness, the Utd fans who understand how the system works (the vast majority of them, which is what makes this forum such a joy) don’t engage on the topic in the poorly informed way that you have because clever people who live in glass houses are clued up enough to not throw stuff, it’s only the occasional duffer who spouts your line nowadays mate.
And outside of the supporters of the cartel clubs almost all supporters see ffp and unproven charges for exactly what they are.
Man City are not a lower league club yet.

Rojofiam

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podca...-proposal-change/id1488521447?i=1000631492605

Interesting podcast from the Athletic. Quite informative.

They say that the Qataris actually met the Man Utd executive hierarchy and were very warm with them, as opposed to INEOS who were very critical of how the club has been run. They also say that this week "I think there'll be several people in Man Utd senior leadership feeling very fearful for their future" with Adam Crafton saying that INEOS lot made it clear that they didnt rate the United hierarchy.
They're gone-gone

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Mercedes did a case study into Man Utd and what not to do as a sporting giant. The executives are snookered, the footballing ones at least.

Scottynaldinho

We don't need Sir Jim to run the club or make wholesale changes. Just keep the money generated on the footballing side of the club and we'll be fine.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I would love to see this place if Sheikh buys Liverpool. :D :D
How much debt are Liverpool in? The only reason I preferred Jassim was the promise to clear our debts. Debt free like how we were before the Glazers. It's really criminal what they did to us.

What's the INEOS plan for our debts?

JPRouve

Scout
We don't need Sir Jim to run the club or make wholesale changes. Just keep the money generated on the footballing side of the club and we'll be fine.
No. This club has spent an awful amount of money and it's not the issue, the issue is competency of the decision makers. It's the competency and qualities of the people building mid to long term plans.

Castia

No chance there will be minimal change. Jim is not stupid and knows that the club needs a proper shake up. If he is going to even come close to success here he needs to get the fans onside asap, and the first steps towards that will be big changes.

The long term commitment can be a legit concern, but Jimothy is going to come into this club all guns blazing at least.

Well let’s see. He hasn’t done that at his other 2 clubs and has signed off on the transfers of the likes of Ross Barkley and Aaron Ramsay. All this raising the standards talk and his history in football has seen his 2 clubs decline

JPRouve

Scout
Well let’s see. He hasn’t done that at his other 2 clubs and has signed off on the transfers of the likes of Ross Barkley and Aaron Ramsay. All this raising the standards talk and his history in football has seen his 2 clubs decline
He has actually done it this year with Nice. It took him some time but it wouldn't be true to state that he hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.