Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Guys it's not about getting a new/refurbed stadium next year. Or even start planning it next year. But it will become an issue in the foreseeable future and thus I want owners that actually have the funds or at least the willingness to get this done. Ratcliffe sure has things going for him, his sporting investments are a bit of a failure so far though.
He does not have the required funds, at least prima facie.

crossy1686

career ending
This kind of thinking is how you end up with a crumbling stadium and outdated training facilities. The Glazers are only embarking on this process, because they know that they cannot afford to fund the necessary infrastructure spending from the club's own cashflow. They either need to find a partner or accept a full sale.
:lol: :lol: :lol: fecking hell...

I agree we need a full sale but people need to chill the feck out with this "We need a new stadium right now! OT is crumbling!" absolute bollocks.

It will happen in due time, but we need to focus on beating teams like Arsenal first, before we end up getting beat by teams like Arsenal at the new OT.

Member 101269

Guys it's not about getting a new/refurbed stadium next year. Or even start planning it next year. But it will become an issue in the foreseeable future and thus I want owners that actually have the funds or at least the willingness to get this done. Ratcliffe sure has things going for him, his sporting investments are a bit of a failure so far though.
I'm not sure what those things are

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
If I have to choose between Glazer and Ratcliffe, I'll go with the latter. But oil money for me is by far the best outcome. At least they have the money to compensate for other shortcomings.
No amount of money should ‘compensate’ for the immoral evil things ME regimes have perpetrated.
Our club is not some desperate whore for hire. We do not need our reputation tarnished like that, nor should we covet or invite it.

Plant0x84

Here me out on this wild idea lads, but how about, we don't build a new stadium next season and we focus on squad building, then maybe in a couple of years when we're more competitive we can build a new stadium?

That way we don't have to blow up the budget on day one for no reason.
No no no. Enough is never enough. We want more, all, everything. We are now jealous of City and PSG and pale in their mighty shadow. We are entitled to and deserve EVERYTHING at ANY COST. :rolleyes:

Plant0x84

This kind of thinking is how you end up with a crumbling stadium and outdated training facilities. The Glazers are only embarking on this process, because they know that they cannot afford to fund the necessary infrastructure spending from the club's own cashflow. They either need to find a partner or accept a full sale.
Where as this kind of thinking is how you end up in bed with evil regimes, deflecting attention from their immoral practises and financial doping of our sport, while still not winning the biggest prizes, ala PSG and City.

DeadmanInc

Why would a ME owner be such a bad thing? They have the money, ambition and are prob the only way that we can refurbish the stadium and compete for the league. Human rights aside, any billionaire owner who comes in has skeletons in their closets.

Telsim

No amount of money should ‘compensate’ for the immoral evil things ME regimes have perpetrated.
Our club is not some desperate whore for hire. We do not need our reputation tarnished like that, nor should we covet or invite it.
I failed to clarify I meant compensate with money that which they could potentially lack in competence when running club. In other words, be able to brush off expensive duds and carry on to the next. But that's if they prove to be incompetent.

As for the rest, I have not engaged in that debate at all because it has nothing to do with me and I don't care about it.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Why would a ME owner be such a bad thing? They have the money, ambition and are prob the only way that we can refurbish the stadium and compete for the league. Human rights aside, any billionaire owner who comes in has skeletons in their closets.
Genocide aside, Hitler got the trains running on time and built up the autobahns.

Plant0x84

I failed to clarify I meant compensate with money that which they could potentially lack in competence when running club. In other words, be able to brush off expensive duds and carry on to the next. But that's if they prove to be incompetent.

As for the rest, I have not engaged in that debate at all because it has nothing to do with me and I don't care about it.
Nah, I’d rather a competent owner with smaller pockets than burn through cash with nothing to show for it as we have done under Glazers.

Telsim

Nah, I’d rather a competent owner with smaller pockets than burn through cash with nothing to show for it as we have done under Glazers.
For sure, but you can also get incompetent scrooges instead. At least there's no danger being the latter when dealing with oil money. Also, they do tend to possess an ambition for competitive success, which the parasites obviously lack.

thebelfastboy

A couple of points from my (albeit limited) knowledge/experience of dealing with investment and how I see things with MUFC. BTW, I'm not claiming to be an expert or have any info outside of the public domain, rather I'm currently involved in a completely different sector but working on a large scale/significant investment plan that is substantially higher than the figure that United will go for.

Glazers/Raine outlined they were open to either a full or partial sale. For me this just means that they will consider all proposals made. A full sale will take absolute priority unless an offer of partial investment is put on the table that is just too good for them to turn down.

An example night be Dubai/Middle East or the likes, as a first step, throwing £1b at the club to assist in a new stadium build with guaranteed naming rights and a percentage ownership/seat at the table. I think something like that's unlikely to happen however and feel a full sale will go through.

Reason why, this is potentially a once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase the biggest sports club in the world, there will be plenty of interested parties but the process will just take time - Raine will have a strict deadline for proposals/offers to be submitted and it is likely that the majority of interested parties will not submit until that deadline, hence the lack of names currently in circulation.

It's very unlikely that it will be an auction type scenario either, you will most likely get one stab at this - proposals/offers on the table that will then go through an elimination process to then create a shortlist of candidates with their proposal/offer presented to the glazers.

It's for this reason that I find Jim Ratcliffes strategy strange. By showing his hand early he's giving any other interested party a distinct advantage in putting together their proposal.

Finally, the only outcome I see is Middle East who will easily be able to outbid JR or a US consortium.

Raine will be advising the Glazers on risk. The highest risk assessment in my view is the US consortium, who may have the money but by accepting that bid instead of JR/ME, you run a greater risk of fan opposition to the takeover that could see the entire process fall apart and the possible alienation of JR/ME from returning to the table again.

Plant0x84

A couple of points from my (albeit limited) knowledge/experience of dealing with investment and how I see things with MUFC. BTW, I'm not claiming to be an expert or have any info outside of the public domain, rather I'm currently involved in a completely different sector but working on a large scale/significant investment plan that is substantially higher than the figure that United will go for.

Glazers/Raine outlined they were open to either a full or partial sale. For me this just means that they will consider all proposals made. A full sale will take absolute priority unless an offer of partial investment is put on the table that is just too good for them to turn down.

An example night be Dubai/Middle East or the likes, as a first step, throwing £1b at the club to assist in a new stadium build with guaranteed naming rights and a percentage ownership/seat at the table. I think something like that's unlikely to happen however and feel a full sale will go through.

Reason why, this is potentially a once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase the biggest sports club in the world, there will be plenty of interested parties but the process will just take time - Raine will have a strict deadline for proposals/offers to be submitted and it is likely that the majority of interested parties will not submit until that deadline, hence the lack of names currently in circulation.

It's very unlikely that it will be an auction type scenario either, you will most likely get one stab at this - proposals/offers on the table that will then go through an elimination process to then create a shortlist of candidates with their proposal/offer presented to the glazers.

It's for this reason that I find Jim Ratcliffes strategy strange. By showing his hand early he's giving any other interested party a distinct advantage in putting together their proposal.

Finally, the only outcome I see is Middle East who will easily be able to outbid JR or a US consortium.

Raine will be advising the Glazers on risk. The highest risk assessment in my view is the US consortium, who may have the money but by accepting that bid instead of JR/ME, you run a greater risk of fan opposition to the takeover that could see the entire process fall apart and the possible alienation of JR/ME from returning to the table again.
How? All he’s said is he will bid and has entered the process to get access to the financials. Nobody has a clue how much he will bid.

crossy1686

career ending
Feel like we know this, as the Chelsea was what prompted the original news articles back then, then we got confirmation. Something else that will have wet their whistle more recently, an NBA team just sold for close to $4b. That sale price is 13x their yearly revenue and they're nowhere near as big a global brand as Manchester United, or Liverpool for that matter.

Don't rule out Yank ownership yet.

thebelfastboy

How? All he’s said is he will bid and has entered the process to get access to the financials. Nobody has a clue how much he will bid.
I get that we don't know how much he will bid, I'm not saying that we do or that it will be leaked through the media etc.

What I'm getting at is that it's unhelpful to the overall process and his strategy.

By publicly declaring that he's "entered the process" now, because no-one else has or potentially will declare a similar position, all the focus and attention for the next few weeks will be on him/ineos.

With calculated intent he has placed himself as the primary frontrunner to purchase United whenever there is absolutely no evidence who that is until the deadline passes.

One can only speculate that he knows he is unable to match/beat a ME bid and is banking on United fans rowing behind the 'local lad'. Not sure that strategy will work.

croadyman

This is true but he won’t be the only bidder, they will have at least 5 or 6 who pass the financial tests set by the raine group and then some of these bidders will fall away to 2 or 3 serious parties, we’ve heard already that there is an American, Asian and Middle East interest. There may be a joint bid with Qatar investment and Indian with someone like Beckham as the figure head.

The Dubai Sovereign wealth fund are clearly in the running, and you have to assume at least one very credible American investor. We just need to be patient as long as it’s not a partial buyout and all of the glaziers siblings relinquish all shares in the club, it can only be good news as the new owners would have to pay off the debt first and for the first time in 18 years we would be debt free. A leveraged buy out this time is not on the agenda and talk of Ineos being cheap skate owners, I’m not so sure that’s fair either.

Would they be perfect no, are any owners really perfect, PSG and City have the so called perfect owners for over a decade but neither has won a champions league, with all that wealth at their disposal , something the hated Glaziers have done and they also reached the same 2 CL final defeats as well plus that one victory.

We just want our club back, no debt, good stewards who care and love the club put in charge and a wining football team for the men, woman and youth. We don’t want football mercenaries ever again and people in charge like Ed Woodward who failed miserably.
Only American I would take is maybe Ballmer,however would much prefer if it didn't go across the pond again

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
25 year high-quality corporate bond spot rate is circa 5%. Man Utd is not a triple-A rated business to my knowledge so you should expect higher than 5% at a time cost of capital is increasing.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/HQMCB25YR

What do you base your superbly informed views on?
The 10 year corporate bond rate hasn't gone above 3.5% in a while. A business of United's size doesn't need to lock itself into the current rate for 25 years in one go even if that's the upfront cost of renovations and maintenance, and instead gamble on the varying interest rates in a piecemeal manner. All of this is assuming they don't also write off interest payments towards tax bills as this is renovation.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
I made a twitter thread on my thoughts on the transfer, to all of my 6 followers... If anyone want to read and retweet, I would be much obliged. :)

Its mostly stuff covered on here already, but all summed up in one thread.

Amir

It will happen in due time, but we need to focus on beating teams like Arsenal first, before we end up getting beat by teams like Arsenal at the new OT.
A healthy club works on both the team and the infrastructure at the same time. A team is always evolving and changing. It's not as if you can can say at some stage 'the team is great, we don't need to invest in it much for the next 3-4 years'.

red thru&thru

A healthy club works on both the team and the infrastructure at the same time. A team is always evolving and changing. It's not as if you can can say at some stage 'the team is great, we don't need to invest in it much for the next 3-4 years'.
The stadium will be very important for extra revenue, as a multi-purpose venue. Long gone are the days where a stadium is just a venue where it hosts just the game of its team.

red thru&thru

Feel like we know this, as the Chelsea was what prompted the original news articles back then, then we got confirmation. Something else that will have wet their whistle more recently, an NBA team just sold for close to $4b. That sale price is 13x their yearly revenue and they're nowhere near as big a global brand as Manchester United, or Liverpool for that matter.

Don't rule out Yank ownership yet.

I wouldn't rule any type of ownership out, just yet. But again, this is a unique opportunity to get your hands of a behemoth of an institution in Manchester United. This is a trump card that will trump all cards. All options are on the table.

crossy1686

career ending
Unless United’s new owners have limitless wealth and are willing to pump it into the club, not a single club in the world has the capacity to spend over £1b on a new stadium and buy players in the current transfer market. So you can hypothetically talk about what healthy clubs do but the reality is healthy clubs balance the books.

croadyman

I wouldn't rule any type of ownership out, just yet. But again, this is a unique opportunity to get your hands of a behemoth of an institution in Manchester United. This is a trump card that will trump all cards. All options are on the table.
I cannot contemplate minority investment

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
INEOS absolutely has the required funds. It also has access to vast funding sources through its contacts. This sale will not be Sir Jim doing it out of his own pocket all on his lonesome.
Not good news then. I can just about see Ratcliffe himself buying the club out of love and not out of a plan to make money out of it, although I'm doubtful, but if it's a company buying us their only purpose will be to make money. No different to the yanks.

Hoping for Dubai or similar personally.

Sviken

This is some moral fecking bullshit. Nobody cares about this. You're not gonna change these countries by virtue signalling. They are what they are. And we have absolutely no chance of competing with the oil clubs, nor will they go away simply because we refused them. I'd understand your logic if United were the first or even the second oil club, but the league is fecking full of them now and it's only going to get worse from here on out. We either jump on the train or have someone like Liverpool or Arsenal or some fecking wee club jump on it. At any rate, nothing is going to change. You're going to be left sucking your thumb like an idiot while United falls into irrelevancy and the league is still filled with oil clubs.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not good news then. I can just about see Ratcliffe himself buying the club out of love and not out of a plan to make money out of it, although I'm doubtful, but if it's a company buying us their only purpose will be to make money. No different to the yanks.

Hoping for Dubai or similar personally.
No different to Clearlake or FSG?

Sparky Rhiwabon

I made a twitter thread on my thoughts on the transfer, to all of my 6 followers... If anyone want to read and retweet, I would be much obliged. :)

Its mostly stuff covered on here already, but all summed up in one thread.
Retweeted it to get another 20k+ eyes on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.