Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I was being nice because you still fall for him.

I mean it adds to the bleeding obvious that this guy knows feck all.
You are entitled to believe what you wish. I just don’t like the ageist boomerish tone that is going on. It’s incredibly odd.

25% of both A and B shares VERY interesting.
2bln on top for investment.

Extremely promising.

You are entitled to believe what you wish. I just don’t like the ageist boomerish tone that is going on. It’s incredibly odd.
Im not the one that called him a kid. I'm saying he rehashed public info and knows feck all. Nothing boomer ish.

But why would a successful Billionaire businessman and lifelong Man Utd fan wants to put in a ridiculous amount of his own cash just for shits and giggles?

He will have done all the legal stuff necessary - Jim and his two partners will want to run stuff. Not a chance he’s going to give the Glazers money for zero return.
Let’s hope all the rumours are correct but I’m just asking what if the glazers don’t give control and don’t agree to it and he just goes along with it? We’re no further forward other than an injection of cash into the club

What interest would Ratcliffe have in owning only 25% of the club with no say in things? For the $5m dividends per year? He wants to be seen as in charge. If he can't buy the full club now without paying through the nose, he will buy 25% if he has acceptance to be seen as running things.

This happens in other business all the time, someone owns the majority as more of a silent partner, while others operate the business day to day and make decisions that makes the silent majority more money.

Well it's not going to get any cheaper is it so what's he going to do?

Do they still have meltdowns when we get the slightest of decisions and Liverpool get a rare decision against them. Had to stop following them they're good at times but so obvious the main admin is a dipper

Finally!!

Or not.

Current share price has remained around 19 though. No movement today. Market cap of 3 billion.

Let’s hope all the rumours are correct but I’m just asking what if the glazers don’t give control and don’t agree to it and he just goes along with it? We’re no further forward other than an injection of cash into the club

Which is ultimately all the Glazers were after in the first place. They've played an absolute blinder and fair play to them.

Well it's not going to get any cheaper is it so what's he going to do?

That's the thing though, it just might.

There's no definitive set price football clubs get sold for. If the Glazers feel that the club should or will be worth £6-10B within 2-3 years IF certain things happens. Like if there is a European Superleague, individual streaming deals or whatnot. Maybe more investment from Saudi like with LIV in Golf. Then they think it's a bad deal to sell for $6B now. They would want more than that to sell out fully now.

If Ratcliffe disagrees with them that the valuation will increase that much then it makes sense for him to start buying in now at a total valuation of $6B. Then with more investment that will likely be loans converted to shares later, then they can see in 2-3 years what the value on the club is then to finally buy out the Glazers entirely.

He's essentially allowing them to see if they can get more for the club as they think, in return for a foot in the door now with the power to start making sporting decisions immediately instead of later.
It's either that or pay them even more now than what you think it will be worth later.

25% of both A and B shares VERY interesting.
2bln on top for investment.

Extremely promising.
I think there are still serious questions to be asked until we have clarification on:

1. If each of the Glazers are tendering the full 25%. For me, if any of them are not, that is a bad sign with respect to their willingness to let go of control of the club.
  2. If there is any kind of defined path for Jimmy to take a controlling stake in the future.

Mate, the “Muppetiers” is one American kid who lives with mom and makes it up as he goes along. Sometimes, his fellow drinking partner and the man no-one can understand; Pilib De Brown, joins him for regular made up BS they get from other news outlets.
Oh I know, but he has some word of mouth where he hears a lineup shortly before it's released and will post some dumb teasing tweet to show off that he's itk. Or will say announcement is imminent. Like it's a pathetically small and pointless piece of information and he plays it off to be a lot but yeah. Whether that's him having a contact or a friend of a friend or in some group chat where somebody will post lineups 30 minutes before or say transfer announcement in at 2pm, who knows. But that's about his extent. He has a lot of followers so I can see someone just connecting with him to share that info with him since he has the outreach. But otherwise yeah he makes up a ton of shit and passes it off like real info.

I’d say that the players have been told this is happening soon hence the leaks today and the downing of tools that’s about to take place this week.

I’d say that the players have been told this is happening soon hence the leaks today and the downing of tools that’s about to take place this week.

Nobody in their right mind would down tools when a new owner is about to take over, that is a death sentence for your career here.

Nobody in their right mind would down tools when a new owner is about to take over, that is a death sentence for your career here.

No it isn’t. Especially at this club.

You think Jimmy is going to pay up Rashford’s contract to get rid of him? You think anyone would buy him?

Manager will go first.

also, there is no new owner! It’s a minority investor.

That's not how it works. In this game, you down tools, the new owners looks at the books and goes "well we cant sell them all" and the managers goes first. Then players up their game with a new manager and the new owners go "we must be geniuses for sacking the manager. He couldnt get a tune out of these talented highly paid players!"

What new owner? Maybe they have downed tools knowing there is no new owner which shows a glaring lack of ambition from the club. The Glazers staying means nothing will change and every single person at the club from the kitman to kitchen staff, to the media, stadium and training ground staff, players and coaching staff knows ambition is out the window and the future is bleak. No amount of PR can or will change that. The shareholders aren't even excited, this minority offer isn't it. It's not what people want, anywhere except for the crazy INEOS crowd that hold that company up as the highest ideal as some sort of diety and the saviour of all.

Do me a favour.

On the Muppetiers podcast, Phil said there is 1.7 billion in funds set aside for investment and also full pathway to ownership will be announced at the time of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.