Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

Talk of the devils podcast (Mitten/Whitwell/Anka) saying that it’s the situation around Nice, and what should happen if we both qualify for Europe that is the delaying factor at this point. I think INEOS are working out the legalities of that situation.
They've nothing to worry about. We won't.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Hiring Woodward is only stupid because you’re looking at it from a football fan perspective.

From their perspective he made many, many lucrative deals for the club and did exceptionally well at his job.
We lost ground financially compared to pretty much every other top European team. On top of that we wasted hundreds and hundreds of millions of pounds in wages and transfer fees, and also lost out on significant prize money with not getting deep into the CL or even qualifying some years.

The Glazers probably cost themselves well over a billion pounds by their mismanagement, and keeping Woodward in his role that long was the single biggest mistake.

putzmcgee123

:confused: Have you been hibernating?!
Been in a coma since July. Has the debt been cleared? Which club alumni were brought back as ambassadors? How is the concept art of a renovated Old Trafford and Carrington looking? Who is ten Hag planning on signing in January with his transfer market war chest? Thank goodness the Glazers decided to sell. So much to look forward to!!! :)

Pes6Monster

Been in a coma since July. Has the debt been cleared? Which club alumni were brought back as ambassadors? How is the concept art of a renovated Old Trafford and Carrington looking? Who is ten Hag planning on signing in January with his transfer market war chest? Thank goodness the Glazers decided to sell. So much to look forward to!!! :)
Sorry dude, turns out Jassim was stupid enough to reveal he had extra funding to gentrify consent with, and the Glazers used it accordingly. Qatar would not raise his allowance further and he wimped out. Supposedly now looking at Inter.

The best bet is Crazy Ol' Jim.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Seems like you might have more pressing worries…. :wenger:

putzmcgee123

Sorry dude, turns out Jassim was stupid enough to reveal he had extra funding to gentrify consent with, and the Glazers used it accordingly. Qatar would not raise his allowance further and he wimped out. Supposedly now looking at Inter.

The best bet is Crazy Ol' Jim.
Surely not?? Does Jimmy B even wear a United shirt to five-a-side?

USREDEVIL

Sadly i suggest you return to :boring:

croadyman

This saga is keeping ETH in his job.

There won’t be any change to anything while this is going through…..however long that takes, Glazers don’t seem to care about on pitch dramas - and then it will be over to Jim.

on the plus side - his team, if they didn’t know already, have got a lot to get sorted quickly.

The biggest worry though is it looks like we are going to miss the Jan transfer window so god knows how we will be looking come the end of Jan.

Jim and his team are now our only hope of some form of redemption. How the mighty have fallen.
That's exactly what it's doing,wouldn't blame Ratcliffe from walking away from this shitshow

putzmcgee123

I do not listen to their podcast anymore (as with fair few others).

This multiple club ownership has always been an issue. It was reported in broadsheets and bloomberg few months back.
Exactly, I don't buy it. If they are truly still working through that, it suggests they are having tremendous difficulty with that. If Red Bull were able to make it work with Leipzig and Salzburg, I have a hard time believing the Rat Pack won't also be able to overcome this.

The optimist in me says the delays are because of complex mechanisms being negotiated as part of the deal that will pave the way for Jimmy to take majority control under predetermined future conditions.

The pessimist in me says we've been misled and the deal has never truly been as close to ratification as was reported, leaving us with indefinite Glazer ownership and they strike some kind of private credit deal like Atalanta.

The realist in me says this is just more Glazer incompetence and even that which should be relatively settled can never be taken for granted with these cretins.

Reactions: 711

Yorke to Cole

Exactly, I don't buy it. If they are truly still working through that, it suggests they are having tremendous difficulty with that. If Red Bull were able to make it work with Leipzig and Salzburg, I have a hard time believing the Rat Pack won't also be able to overcome this.

The optimist in me says the delays are because of complex mechanisms being negotiated as part of the deal that will pave the way for Jimmy to take majority control under predetermined future conditions.

The pessimist in me says we've been misled and the deal has never truly been as close to ratification as was reported, leaving us with indefinite Glazer ownership and they strike some kind of private credit deal like Atalanta.

The realist in me says this is just more Glazer incompetence and even that which should be relatively settled can never be taken for granted with these cretins.
Just to reiterate what yourself and I have said. This is not groundbreaking news. The multiple ownership issues is a question that was pointed to both INEOS and the 92 Foundation.

Therefore, it should have been prepared for. If Ratcliffe knew he was the preferred buyer since May, this should have been one of the easier hurdles to clear.

I think the stock exchange issue may still be there and as you say the path to full ownership.

What is occurring on the pitch is catastrophic. I do think this issue hanging over has not helped. Ten Hag is still to be held to account, but I think some of the players wanted Qatar. I can just imagine that, but I maybe wrong.

foolsgold

I do not listen to their podcast anymore (as with fair few others).

This multiple club ownership has always been an issue. It was reported in broadsheets and bloomberg few months back.
Is there a reason you don't listen to it? I've only recently found it and have been listening for a month or so, it seems fine. Did something happen on it?

Yorke to Cole

Is there a reason you don't listen to it? I've only recently found it and have been listening for a month or so, it seems fine. Did something happen on it?
Yes. I do not agree with something Carl Anka once said, I found it to be sycophantic and slightly offensive. I am not overly struck by Laurie Whitwell either.

I do like Andy Mitten.

But nevertheless, I would never say to anyone you should not listen or watch x or y. If you enjoy their analysis of the game and the club, by all means you should carry on with it.

sixdwarf

How many times have we to hear the non-investment 25% Ratcliffe stake would be announced next week for it not to happen. Not that it does anything other than keep the damned Glazers firmly at the helm.

RedDevil@84

How many times have we to hear the non-investment 25% Ratcliffe stake would be announced next week for it not to happen
As long as journalists feel that United fans will keep clicking on these "next week" news, though they know jackshit about when it is gonna happen.

Moriarty

How many times have we to hear the non-investment 25% Ratcliffe stake would be announced next week for it not to happen. Not that it does anything other than keep the damned Glazers firmly at the helm.
I don't believe a word of it myself. The Glazers aren't called leeches for nothing. They will never let go until there's not another penny to be squeezed out of the club. Ratcliffe's 25% is pie in the sky.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I don't believe a word of it myself. The Glazers aren't called leeches for nothing. They will never let go until there's not another penny to be squeezed out of the club. Ratcliffe's 25% is pie in the sky.
But now they are dealing with Earthworm Jim!

Status
Not open for further replies.