Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I dont think the first two bring any useful expertise on the football side, but Blanc Mitchell and Ashworth is an insane upgrade from Woodward/Arnold, Murtough, Matt Judge and Joel.
I was against bicycle man being involved in football. I thought it was silly tbh. However as someone did point Mr out he's a better sports person than the stereotype business man you find at board level.

vanderpants

I was lucky to sit in today's meeting, it actually feels like a huge change is coming in the summer, obviously nothing will be sorted in time for January, that's what sir Jim and sir David both said.
They said the deal was agreed in MAY but because of the glazers the legal side dragged on till December.
As usual Johnny Evans Mrs looked good presenting the meeting

vanderpants

He also said there's 6 elite teams in Europe, Utd being one of them apart from we don't compete on the pitch any more just commercially which has to come to an end, things will change, he also had a funny dig at city by saying ignore that blue lot from across the city!

clarkydaz

I was lucky to sit in today's meeting, it actually feels like a huge change is coming in the summer, obviously nothing will be sorted in time for January, that's what sir Jim and sir David both said.
They said the deal was agreed in MAY but because of the glazers the legal side dragged on till December.
wow

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
First priority bring in a new transfer team. Identify the way you want us to play and then let ETH know what you want and expect or hire a manager to play the certain style you want….

laughtersassassin

I'm fairly optimistic for the Ineos era. Might take 3 or so years to really gain traction as things can't be magically fixed overnight.

Also think while they will buy out the majority of the club within next few years. So that has me hopeful for my United Stocks since the price is set at a minimum 33 dollars so if they take it off the market should be guaranteed profit

George The Best

At last we’ve now got a (part) owner who is prepared to put his face in at the club, unlike the Glazer’s. Also prepared to put money into the club, unlike the Glazer’s. Hope he and his team can get this mess sorted. Wasn’t my preference but he’s started on the right foot as far as I am concerned, so I’m backing him now.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
What kind of changes? Transfer or structural?

SAF is the GOAT

He also said there's 6 elite teams in Europe, Utd being one of them apart from we don't compete on the pitch any more just commercially which has to come to an end, things will change, he also had a funny dig at city by saying ignore that blue lot from across the city!
He knows
*Tears dropping from my eyes*

croadyman

I just had a look. They are looking for a (yes everyone guessed it!) a new head chef and a new social media manager :wenger:
Could that mean the end of outfield players in number order,in fact would probably freshen it up

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Unless he has a miraculous turnaround would be amazed if Erik is here in 3 years
My point was that we said the same thing about ETH before he started. The majority here started with a rational expectation path.

Then we went through a period of overperformance, which led to higher expectations for the following or current season. And now more than half here want him out.

Today we are saying the same thing: a 3-year horizon with INEOS and its band of potential merry men.

Marcus

My point was that we said the same thing about ETH before he started. The majority here started with a rational expectation path.

Then we went through a period of overperformance, which led to higher expectations for the following or current season. And now more than half here want him out.

Today we are saying the same thing: a 3-year horizon with INEOS and its band of potential merry men.
If EtH said that we need time to reshape the team and mentality to play like his Ajax, I think we would accept that this is a transition period to get there. But he abandoned that to become the best transition team in the world which basically sacrifices control for goalscoring opportunities, which are paltry. I am not sure whether he should be given more time for this type of football which he himself is experimenting with. What exactly is the team supposed to look like? If he can show a proper pathway to that objective and INEOS is convinced then so be it. Otherwise, he should go.

slaggy

I'm actually quite pleased with the overarching mandate of a British spine in both structure and players in the team. I think one of the most fundamental issues is that the club's devoid of identity and a larger purpose of creating and retaining talent pool with a view of building the new generational fanbase across under-12s, reserves, and first-team. I'd be interested to hear more about the partnerships and ecosystem building they'll be embarking outside of the stadium and the estates, and merchants/vendors in the area as well.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'm cautiously optimistic about Ratcliffe as I've been from the start. Never wanted state ownership.

I think that even just having one of the owners be prepared to speak directly to staff, players and fans is going to make a big difference to the United environment. The Glazers were not just awful at the football side, they were also mainly silent and remote for 18 years.

At the very minimum I expect us to become a steady big club again both on and off the pitch and losing to the likes of Bournemouth and Forest will once again become rare shocks rather than expected every week.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He is here to make the Glazers money for years to come.
As long as the club is financially healthy, the debt is back and the club is doing very well on the pitch, no one cares if the Glazers will make money. The problem is they took money out only and the club is in shambles

Toblerone92

The Glazer children since Malcom Glazer died remind me of the Roy children in Succession, utterly inept, with delusions of grandeur and no clue how to run even a stick up there own backside.

I see Ratcliffe as Lukas Mattson, a tall, wisened European who has come in to run the show and ultimately force the American parasites out of the organisation. Now he just needs to bring in a Keri type and we can take the PL’s biggest milf crown away from Karen Brady and West Ham. Well, almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.