Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
So if Ratcliffe comes in and starts promoting a lot of youth into the team, similar to Fergie's Fledglings or Busby's babes, are they going to be called Racliffe's rats? This one bit worries me...
Promoting youth isn't really his job is it? if the players are good enough they should be promoted.

AneRu

That Roman Abramovic sidekick who ran Chelsea was good, she is the one I would want if she is not sanctioned.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
They're talking about entrusting a headhunting firm to appoint a new CEO, which I think is probably a good move unless they decide to promote one of Baty or Stewart. For the sanity of the casual observer, I hope they go with the headhunting firm and bring in a external candidate. This also doesn't mean that INEOS won't have sporting control, but there is a difference between who the board of directors are, and the people who direct the football side of the club. The Glazers will for sure have a say on who the CEO is.

Its evident that INEOS hasn't got their way on this one. Else they would have hired Blanc. Which mean that this will probably be a Glazer signing or at least heavily influenced by the Glazers. Considering their rather conservative approach (ex hiring from with in and using the same blueprint in hiring CEOs (Former Uni of Bristol/PWC employees) then I doubt that the apple wont fall close to the tree this time round. We might be lucky enough to avoid yet another attempt of cloning Woodward but he'll be someone the Glazers know and trust. Which is why I believe that its going to be Gill ie someone who had previously worked under the Glazers but is still respected enough for INEOS to accept.

Its a shame really that the Glazers are so petty in not allowing INEOS to get their own CEO. I have my doubts about Blanc's football credentials but in terms of commercial/infrastructure side he's an utter beast. I am sure that the Glazers would have learnt to love him if he was given the chance

gajender

Its evident that INEOS hasn't got their way on this one. Else they would have hired Blanc. Which mean that this will probably be a Glazer signing or at least heavily influenced by the Glazers. Considering their rather conservative approach (ex hiring from with in and using the same blueprint in hiring CEOs (Former Uni of Bristol/PWC employees) then I doubt that the apple wont fall close to the tree this time round. We might be lucky enough to avoid yet another attempt of cloning Woodward but he'll be someone the Glazers know and trust. Which is why I believe that its going to be Gill ie someone who had previously worked under the Glazers but is still respected enough for INEOS to accept.

Its a shame really that the Glazers are so petty in not allowing INEOS to get their own CEO. I have my doubts about Blanc's football credentials but in terms of commercial/infrastructure side he's an utter beast. I am sure that the Glazers would have learnt to love him if he was given the chance
Have you thought about a scenario wherein Ineos may not want Blanc as United's CEO and are perfectly happy to have him just on United's board and continue as Ineos Sporting CEO , Just a food for your thought .

And Glazers have only given Sporting control to Ratcliffe so the notion that Ratcliffe can install CEO for United without Glazers input or Glazers to not have major say is quite fanciful to say the least .

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Have you thought about a scenario wherein Ineos may not want Blanc as United's CEO and are perfectly happy to have him on just on United's board and continue as Ineos Sporting CEO , Just a food for your thought .

And Glazers have only given Sporting control to Ratcliffe so the notion that Ratcliffe can install CEO for United without Glazers input or Glazers to not have major say is quite fanciful .

Maybe you're right but its highly unlikely. Manchester United are INEOS biggest asset sports wise and its currently a mess. You'll expect SJR to put his best man in the job. Blanc is tailor made for the job as well. I can't think of a CEO whose got DIRECT experience in pulling a football giant with decades of history out of a mess while concurrently conducting huge infrastructure projects in the process. Sure Juventus and United were/are in shit for totally different circumstances but the end result is very similar (out of major tournaments, a squad whose ridiculously paid and a stadium that need to be built/revamped). Every reliable journalist believed that Blanc was set to become United's CEO up until a week ago. So something must have changed very recently.

Which leads us to your second sentence which I agree fully upon. However its a shame really. Sure the CEO is the majority shareholder domain, Blanc is INEOS man bla bla bla. But as said he would have been perfect for the job. You'll expect that the Glazers would see the wisdom behind slightly conceding on this as there's no one out there that I can think off whose got Blanc's credentials on what is sorely needed at United especially since the Glazers appointees (Woodward and his clone) had hardly covered themselves in glory. And believe me, I am not a Blanc groupie myself. I had shown my concerns about the man on the football side of things before. But the football side of things is unimportant at this point (especially if we hire solid football people to take care of them). The infrastructure, getting rid of the deadweight and finding creative ways in increasing profitability is far more important. That's were Blanc excel in.

In reality I think that this is a power move. If he wants to call the shots then he'll have to buy more shares. Which in some ways is beneficial for them but on the long term its not

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
:lol:
We get leaks about the CEO likely not being Blanc, then this muppetiers bellend comes out with this nugget. 7-10 days is closing in on the minimum time needed for premier league ratification, even I could punt the same estimate for fecksake.
It’s not been 4-6weeks since he purchased up to 25% though, only been 2 and a half weeks

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It’s not been 4-6weeks since he purchased up to 25% though, only been 2 and a half weeks
Will be closing in on 4 within 7-10 days and it was mentioned by Ornstein or on an Athletic podcast that ratification could happen slightly earlier than that. Saying there will probably be material leak on who is likely to take certain positions just before signoff happens is not news. It's actually the exact type of mosiac theory bullshit you'd expect from muppetiers.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Will be closing in on 4 within 7-10 days and it was mentioned by Ornstein or on an Athletic podcast that ratification could happen a bit earlier than that.
Oh sweet! Nice one!

May see a typical United last week flurry of transfer work (doubtful)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It doesn’t does it?

I thought we were another couple of weeks away from that at least. The end of January was my understanding.
No, it does. It's 4-6 weeks, and it could be less.

In 7-10 days we are close to end of month almost one month since the announcement. By that time we would fully expect more leaks and developments of who is likely to take over in their respective roles.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
No, it does. It's 4-6 weeks, and it could be less.

In 7-10 days we are close to end of month almost one month since the announcement. By that time we would fully expect more leaks and developments of who is likely to take over in their respective roles.
Apologies then I didn’t realise it had been that long.

Maybe the aggregator has sort of taken the comment out of context and sensationalised it a bit.

I watched his video this morning I don’t remember him saying that specifically but was only half listening to be fair.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
So if Ratcliffe comes in and starts promoting a lot of youth into the team, similar to Fergie's Fledglings or Busby's babes, are they going to be called Racliffe's rats? This one bit worries me...
No, mostly because ‘Rat’ isn’t a synonym of youth. But also because Fergie and Busby were the manager, not the owner - so while you could have ‘Ratcliffe's Rugrats’ or ‘Ratcliffe’s Rascals’ or even ‘Jim’s Juveniles’ it would be more likely to be ‘ten Hags tots’ or ‘ten Hags teens’.

SAF is the GOAT

The importance of Manchester United's CEO appointment has been massively overblown and warped by sections still against Sir Jim Ratcliffe & INEOS' intentions for #MUFC.
Will the Glazers be central to a PLC board appointment? Yes, of course.

They're staying at United to continue their commercial & corporate interests without the glare of their football failures taking centre stage.
A CEO is not the most important person at a club or business. At an entity like United, the agreements between stakeholders on the board is key, so what do we actually know?
Jean-Claude Blanc & Sir Dave Brailsford will steer the football arm. They are INEOS men, their 'titles' at United mean less than zero. They will combine with a self-appointed Director of Football & a Head of Recruitment, with Ratcliffe the significant connection between the football & PLC.

The PLC itself will have two of INEOS' most powerful investors & shareholders sat with the Glazers. The agreement and idea behind this deal is there will not be interference from Joel & Avram Glazer when it comes to funding the team.
INEOS will fund transfers & Old Trafford redevelopment. Will the Glazers be able to appoint their people, now? No. This is part of the deal.

The Glazers will continue their commercial function but they don't solely get to decide on budgets, as some sections are wrongfully suggesting. Ratcliffe's stake isn't 25% of a cake slice he gets to eat as he sees fit.
Instead, it's the key to making all football decisions. He is infinitely more wealthy than the Glazer family, and INEOS will now be the funding benefactors of the football club.
Debt will continue to be serviced comfortably by generated revenue as it's a tiny overall sum. United don't need to pay off the debt now it has fresh cash, in the billions, available via SJR.
His money will be going on transfers & the stadium, and this is a long-term commitment that could run decades.

The deal will allow Ratcliffe to become the biggest individual shareholder at United in the years ahead, but this isn't the most important factor. What's important is INEOS can bypass the former failed United structure.
They don't have to call Joel to sign off anything. Instead, the PLC will agree every year what can be spent, and that PLC will be driven by Ratcliffe & his INEOS collaborators.
The Glazers have never personally put money into United, so they don't get to tell INEOS what to do with their investment.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Would have thought this would be fairly obvious to be honest
And the fans don't really care about CEO - they care about people with the right experience in the right positions to influence and guide us out of this misery

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Jesse Marsch is saying what we've been saying for the last decade as fans

And what LVG, Jose, and Ralf have said plenty. Unfortunately fans brush it of as excuses by failed managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.