g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkydaz

Can somebody explain to me how this 25% share in the club situation works?

I understand SJR will be controlling the football side of things, but wouldnt that mean he basically does all the hard work and the Glazers will take 75% of the profit/success he generates for the club?

Also, how does investment from him/INEOS work? The initial £300m he puts in is out of this pocket but his 25% share doesnt change? Does that actually make that investment more of a loan than a cash injection?

Who pays for the stadium? If the clubs pofits are used for this, wont that affect our ability to spend like it did with Arsenal and Tottenham for so many years?
Yes but thats whats needed to get them to go, look at it as the long path to them going. You dont put all this effort in for 25%

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
So in order of priority and taking FFP in to account:

1. Rebuild the team with new signings
2. Get a new manager
3. Stadium rebuild

Would that be a fair assessment?

Matson

Not at all....

Why would a new manager be a priority at all. I'm pretty sure we will wait till the end of this season to see how he does first.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

I understand SJR will be controlling the football side of things, but wouldnt that mean he basically does all the hard work and the Glazers will take 75% of the profit/success he generates for the club?

Also, how does investment from him/INEOS work? The initial £300m he puts in is out of this pocket but his 25% share doesnt change? Does that actually make that investment more of a loan than a cash injection?

Who pays for the stadium? If the clubs pofits are used for this, wont that affect our ability to spend like it did with Arsenal and Tottenham for so many years?
It’s basically a foot in the door. He has control of the football, and as a part of that it’s already been reported that he will control other aspects of the club too. The way he has structured the deal he has first refusal for the rest of the Glazers shares so he will de facto become majority owner at some point.
He receives a mix of class a and b shares for his 300m which takes his total holding to 29%ish. He will be the largest single shareholder, (more than any of each of the 6 siblings) but obviously the Glazers shares are considered as a whole.
INEOS will be responsible for the stadium and training ground revamps. Ultimately they will have control and ownership of the club in the long term so it suits them to get on with the jobs asap.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

2. Get a new manager
3. Stadium rebuild

I think we continue to evolve the team window by window. We won’t see a great exodus or influx of players. I also think ten Hag will stay (as he should) and lead the team into next season.
What will happen with the stadium is anyone’s guess!

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24

2. Get a new manager
3. Stadium rebuild

1. We need stability first..

Since 2018 we didn't have a 'permanent manager' till ETH came through. The issue of 'interim managers' was a big big problem.

Then we need stable directors/management, CEO, John Murtough, Fletcher were all stop gaps just like Ole. Quick/interim over the shoulder appointments to solve a big problem.

We have stable coach now in ETH, quality wise is another thing.
We need to have stable Directors on board now.

2. Then attack the, recurring 'problems'. Playing team/coaching team. This is a 'circle ball' it never ends so it's has to be done every other time.

3. Chase away the Glazers.

4. Stadium redevelopment should come last, as the turbocharge to push the club higher.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
1. Finalise clubs footballing structure on both the men's and women's sides, implement and let them go to work.

2. Infrastructure, new training ground and stadium(s)

3. Continue to shape playing squad, with a focus on creating and maintaining clear pathways for the talented age groups that are coming up over the next 4-5 years from our academy.

giggs-beckham

Clueless

2. Get a new manager
3. Stadium rebuild

We just won a few games in a row so manager is good for a while yet.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Having people good at their job in a variety of roles is a massive step forward. I never thought I'd be excited about non playing staff upheaval but that's just where we are at

croadyman

Having people good at their job in a variety of roles is a massive step forward. I never thought I'd be excited about non playing staff upheaval but that's just where we are at
Yeah completely agree,think IF we do appoint a Head of Recruitment it will be someone unexpected. Wouldn't mind who it was as have been impressed by INEOS work on the structure so far.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Yeah completely agree,think IF we do appoint a Head of Recruitment it will be someone unexpected. Wouldn't mind who it was as have been impressed by INEOS work on the structure so far.
Structure. That's genuinely the difference. The hit and hope/job for the boys method we adopted for a decade finally looks to be ending

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
No ultimately United made the choice to participate in the CWC as the matches would coincide with some FA cup fixtures.
The FA and the government both put pressure on us to participate in the CWC as us not going was seen as being a blow to England's attempt to host the 2006 World Cup. If not for that, we preferred to stay and play in the FA Cup instead.

When it all blew up and we were getting criticised left, right and centre for pulling out of the FA Cup, instead of having our back the FA turned around and joined the criticism. Absolute pricks.

croadyman

The FA and the government both put pressure on us to participate in the CWC as us not going was seen as being a blow to England's attempt to host the 2006 World Cup. If not for that, we preferred to stay and play in the FA Cup instead.

When it all blew up and we were getting criticised left, right and centre for pulling out of the FA Cup, instead of having our back the FA turned around and joined the criticism. Absolute pricks.
Yeah and it backfired on the FA badly as we ended up losing out to Germany for World Cup

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

The Glazers will 'only' get 52.1% of the profit between them after the sale. The remaining 22.9% goes to all the people who own the A shares. The A shares give little voting rights so the Glazers will still have 71.8% of actual control of the club, but they've given INEOS control of most aspects.

When Ratcliffe invests the £300m, brand new shares are issues to him. That will increase his total to 29% of the shares, and decrease the Glazers to 49.3% financial and 68% of voting power. There's no confirmation, but it's likely that any further investment will be treated the same way, so Ratcliffe will slowly increase his percentage by investing more in the future.

Woziak

The Glazers will 'only' get 52.1% of the profit between them after the sale. The remaining 22.9% goes to all the people who own the A shares. The A shares give little voting rights so the Glazers will still have 71.8% of actual control of the club, but they've given INEOS control of most aspects.

When Ratcliffe invests the £300m, brand new shares are issues to him. That will increase his total to 29% of the shares, and decrease the Glazers to 49.3% financial and 68% of voting power. There's no confirmation, but it's likely that any further investment will be treated the same way, so Ratcliffe will slowly increase his percentage by investing more in the future.
Spot on assessment however the investment is $300m for 4% extra shares which will probably be raised as an IPO (Initial Public Offering) only after all the shareholders agree that the £237m investment is needed for infrastructure
( TBF this has probably been approved already) and they will all agree to dilution of their shareholding percentage within the club. Simple philosophy you have to speculate to accumulate.

The shareholders who did not agree Ratcliffe $33 per share will be hanging on with the hope that Ratcliffe might continue to invest forcing the club in an upward trajectory.

Most of this initial investment is set aside for a training complex which is rumoured to be relocating from the current Carrington complex to probably somewhere in Cheshire like Hale, Wimslow or Alderly Edge, lots of nice golf courses round there and most of the players live in that golden triangle of the north west.

If you assume Sir Jim might also invest another £230-250m for another 4% capital share dilution in the summer to facilitating transfers over a 12 month period then by next summer 2025 I’m guessing he might own 33% of the club through his Trawlers Limited.

The club has no cash so it desperately needs some working cash flow but it also needs to be run far more efficiently that befits a behemoth football club like Man United.

Sir Jim has started in a more than encouraging way, For all United fans it’s now time to unite, stop the infighting this is where we are, he’s already attended a Munich memorial, visited Carrington to give pep talks to the staff, the manager and the players and he’s come to watch a home PL game all before he’s even been ratified.

Plus he’s 71, has £30 billion private wealth which incidentally is 1.5 times Sheikh Mansour and he seems to be in a hurry to restore this club to where it belongs, initially I wasn’t that keen on him or Qatar, possibly preferring Qatar because the Glazers would have gone completely, however that was clearly never on the table so it’s time for a new chapter and so far so good.

daba

2. Get a new manager
3. Stadium rebuild

New Training Ground should be in there too but realistically this should be happening simultaneously and as part of a constant cycle of developing and building the best club possible.

Abhinav

The real impact of Sir Jim’s operational takeover can only be assessed in the mid-long run (18+ months). I hope people don’t get too excited and set themselves for disappointment.
However, the intent the new leadership has shown is a step in the right direction and it’s good to hear something positive about the club for a change.

Mainoonited99

The real impact of Sir Jim’s operational takeover can only be assessed in the mid-long run (18+ months). I hope people don’t get too excited and set themselves for disappointment.
However, the intent the new leadership has shown is a step in the right direction and it’s good to hear something positive about the club for a change.
There's absolutely no reason we shouldn't be seeing results as soon as this summer when it comes to the type of players we target and how much we're willing to pay.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
1. We need stability first..

Since 2018 we didn't have a 'permanent manager' till ETH came through. The issue of 'interim managers' was a big big problem.

Then we need stable directors/management, CEO, John Murtough, Fletcher were all stop gaps just like Ole. Quick/interim over the shoulder appointments to solve a big problem.

We have stable coach now in ETH, quality wise is another thing.
We need to have stable Directors on board now.

2. Then attack the, recurring 'problems'. Playing team/coaching team. This is a 'circle ball' it never ends so it's has to be done every other time.

3. Chase away the Glazers.

4. Stadium redevelopment should come last, as the turbocharge to push the club higher.
Fletcher is doing a good job, I hope that they keep him.

Abhinav

There's absolutely no reason we shouldn't be seeing results as soon as this summer when it comes to the type of players we target and how much we're willing to pay.
Considering recruitment planning takes atleast 6 months (can refer to many sources here, latest being the Klopp announcement interview), and none of the SJR’s appointments are likely to take charge before the end of the season, not sure how much of an impact you are expecting? Not to say that the new management cannot take better decisions, but they are constrained by the amount of the groundwork done by the outgoing team.

Brophs

The One and Only
They must be pretty sure of Ashworth given the long gardening leave and heavy compensation that would come with appointing him.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/67474385.amp

From this article

• According to one of the most highly respected figures in English football, Newcastle United's sporting director Dan Ashworth, Brailsford has what it takes to succeed in the sport.
  • "I've known Sir Dave for a number of years, working across various different sports and he is without doubt the best in world sport at creating high-performance culture and turning that into winning," said Ashworth after inviting him to speak to his Newcastle squad last season.

Chairman Steve

If the Ashworth stories are intensifying again then I think it’ll happen. That journalist who used to be based in Newcastle and had strong sources with them was correct back in December when he said that Newcastle were resigned to the fact Ashworth would jump.

I do wonder why he may jump outside of the old ‘United is bigger than Newcastle’ and whether it has something to do with him not being in as much control as he thought he’d be, FFP reasons or whether the Saudis have potentially decided that instead of using a European club as a vehicle for what they want to do, and they just do what they’ve done the past year and just create a whole league that everyone will want to watch… therefore Newcastle is just a side hustle instead of being the main focus.

wolvored

With the percentage, I thought JR had 25% b shares and 25% a shares? I thought the leeches now only owned 44% b shares between all 6 and JR was the biggest single shareholder?

wolvored

They must be pretty sure of Ashworth given the long gardening leave and heavy compensation that would come with appointing him.
He could still do his job on the quiet, making decisions and someone else being the front man until GL over

Status
Not open for further replies.