Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loon

:lol:
I'm not one for speculation, there were rumours he was worth north of 275b.

At the same time, I do wonder how much JR would be worth if he went public with INEOS.
When we're talking about those sums of money, does it matter? Is it the efficient running of Manchester United or wallet-waving bragging rights people want?

NotThatSoph

When we're talking about those sums of money, does it matter? Is it the efficient running of Manchester United or wallet-waving bragging rights people want?
It matters in a few ways.

If it's true that they bid is private, then the net worth of the people involved has to be many times 6 billion, so the official estimates have to be off by an extreme amount. This also means that the guy is one of the most corrupt people alive, which you'd think is relevant.

DownRiver

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fcrhg2

Latest Podcast: Simon Stone says he has heard a lot of talk in Budapest from highly places people that the Glazers are increasingly likely to stay with Elliot changing their bid from funding to buying a stake at the club.

Nice little insight into Edwin Van der sar asking Simon Stone what is happening with the sale.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I'm not one for speculation, there were rumours he was worth north of 275b.

At the same time, I do wonder how much JR would be worth if he went public with INEOS.
Not seen anything that high but undoubtedly the estimates from Forbes and The Sunday Times that people keep quoting are an embarrassment.

He's surely one of the richest blokes in the world and can easily afford to buy the club privately

As is SJR of course

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

If it's true that they bid is private, then the net worth of the people involved has to be many times 6 billion, so the official estimates have to be off by an extreme amount. This also means that the guy is one of the most corrupt people alive, which you'd think is relevant.
No it doesn't mean that in the slightest

But yes the official estimates are undoubtedly off by many many times

Loon

And the responsibility of the Raine group to spot all of that. That's why they're in place.

NotThatSoph

And the responsibility of the Raine group to spot all of that. That's why they're in place.
That's absolutely not their responsibility, their responsibility is to get as much money as possible.

Manchester City are officially privately owned, and Newcastle are officially ran indepentently from the Saudi state. None of those things are true, but that's not because of a mistake or negligence, that's on purpose.

Loon

That's absolutely not their responsibility, their responsibility is to get as much money as possible.

Manchester City are officially privately owned, and Newcastle are officially ran indepentently from the Saudi state. None of those things are true, but that's not because of a mistake or negligence, that's on purpose.
What? The Raine group are there to establish the bona fides of the bidders. To ensure the bidder actually has the funds in place. I said nothing about them establishing if it is a state bid or a private bid, you seem to have gone off on a tangent with that one, mate.

In fact, I was responding to a poster trying to compare Radcliffe's INEOS wealth with Qatar's.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Qatar has strict policies for employers not paying according to their contracts. Employers the world over try to defraud employees the world over. Qatar is no exception. I know of Indian employees being paid less in the UK than promised prior to their arrival in the UK.
Nope

NotThatSoph

What? The Raine group are there to establish the bona fides of the bidders. To ensure the bidder actually has the funds in place. I said nothing about them establishing if it is a state bid or a private bid, you seem to have gone off on a tangent with that one, mate.

In fact, I was responding to a poster trying to compare Radcliffe's INEOS wealth with Qatar's.
What I said: Either the bid is a state bid, or a private bid. If it's a private bid, then the official net worth of the people involved are wrong, and the people involved are extremely corrupt.

You said that it's up to the Raine group to establish that, but it's not. No one doubts that they've got they money. Obviously that's because it's a state bid, but if it was a private bid where the money comes from curruption that also wouldn't matter to Raine or the Glazers.

But, for people who care about United, it obviously will matter to some of them that, if those saying it's a private bid are correct (they're not), it would imply extreme levels of corruption. The assets of Qatar's sovereign wealth fund are worth around 500 billion dollars. That sum is a result of gas and oil income, and investment returns on that income, and a government employee is supposed to be worth half of that? It would have to have been his personal piggy bank.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Latest Podcast: Simon Stone says he has heard a lot of talk in Budapest from highly places people that the Glazers are increasingly likely to stay with Elliot changing their bid from funding to buying a stake at the club.

Nice little insight into Edwin Van der sar asking Simon Stone what is happening with the sale.
That's bad

strandty

Couldn’t think of anything worse!

Loon

What I said: Either the bid is a state bid, or a private bid. If it's a private bid, then the official net worth of the people involved are wrong, and the people involved are extremely corrupt.

You said that it's up to the Raine group to establish that, but it's not. No one doubts that they've got they money. Obviously that's because it's a state bid, but if it was a private bid where the money comes from curruption that also wouldn't matter to Raine or the Glazers.

But, for people who care about United, it obviously will matter to some of them that, if those saying it's a private bid are correct (they're not), it would imply extreme levels of corruption. The assets of Qatar's sovereign wealth fund are worth around 500 billion dollars. That sum is a result of gas and oil income, and investment returns on that income, and a government employee is supposed to be worth half of that? It would have to have been his personal piggy bank.
What I said EXACTLY was: " When we're talking about those sums of money, does it matter? Is it the efficient running of Manchester United or wallet-waving bragging rights people want?"

Basically, "how much is enough?" "Do we need Qatar level money?"

....and you took it from there.

I also said it is up to the Raine Group to establish if the bidders have the money. That's their job. Simple as.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not seen anything that high but undoubtedly the estimates from Forbes and The Sunday Times that people keep quoting are an embarrassment.

He's surely one of the richest blokes in the world and can easily afford to buy the club privately

As is SJR of course
Neither are among the richest. Even if Jassim's Dad had 10 times his estimated net worth on Forbes, it would probably not be enough for him to buy United outright, invest another couple of billion into infrastructure, and throw yet more money at transfers. There would have to have been massive corruption for him to make much more than his current, estimated net worth. It would be a piece of cake for the likes of Bezos, Gates, Ballmer or the like to buy United though. The rest of them are comparative paupers.

NotThatSoph

What I said EXACTLY was: " When we're talking about those sums of money, does it matter? Is it the efficient running of Manchester United or wallet-waving bragging rights people want?"

Basically, "how much is enough?" "Do we need Qatar level money?"

....and you took it from there.

I also said it is up to the Raine Group to establish if the bidders have the money. That's their job. Simple as.
Then I don't think you understood what you were replying to. No one doubts that the bidders have the money.

Blood Mage

Elliot will just wait for the club's financial situation to get worse then take over the club like they did at Milan. Followed by a probable sale to Qatar in a couple of years for less than the Glazers were asking for.

Loon

Then I don't think you understood what you were replying to. No one doubts that the bidders have the money.
I kinda did. I responded to "At the same time, I do wonder how much JR would be worth if he went public with INEOS."

In respect of, "isn't what he has now enough to do the job of sorting United?"

Sparky Rhiwabon

Elliot will just wait for the club's financial situation to get worse then take over the club like they did at Milan. Followed by a probable sale to Qatar in a couple of years for less than the Glazers were asking for.
Qatar will have moved onto Liverpool or Spurs long before that.

NotThatSoph

I kinda did. I responded to "At the same time, I do wonder how much JR would be worth if he went public with INEOS."

In respect of, "isn't what he has now enough to do the job of sorting United?"
Alright, then I was the one who didn't understand.

George The Best

Still not sure how Elliot buying a stake achieves much:
- do they get voting rights shares? If not what’s in it for them as they can buy non-voting shares on the stock exchange at will.
- do the Glazers pump the money they make on the deal back into Utd for infrastructure development? Be gobsmacked if they do

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
There will be fecking riots if the Glazers end up staying after all of this.

Yorke to Cole

So do we believe that the Eliot 'minority's' stake offer is now the most likely outcome?

Now that Stone has made this remark. I obviously hope it is not true, but this Elliot noise will not go away!

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Still not sure how Elliot buying a stake achieves much:
- do they get voting rights shares? If not what’s in it for them as they can buy non-voting shares on the stock exchange at will.
- do the Glazers pump the money they make on the deal back into Utd for infrastructure development? Be gobsmacked if they do
I can’t see it either. The Glazers will know what getting into bed with Elliot means. If they take a buyout from Ineos or Qatar, they get almost 100 years of dividends upfront. They’re not getting anything close to as good as that from bringing Elliot in. I think they’re briefing the Elliot stuff that Stone has got so that they can push up on a 3rd round of bids.

TheReligion

Abusive
So do we believe that the Eliot 'minority's' stake offer is now the most likely outcome?

Now that Stone has made this remark. I obviously hope it is not true, but this Elliot noise will not go away!
Well there’s literally zero corroboration from anywhere else so I guess it’s how much you put in trusting the accuracy of what Stone has been told third hand?

Don’t recall him being at the forefront of the takeover news tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.