Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaos

I dreamt they were dragged by the rat tails to the back of old Trafford, put up against a wall and shot by firing squad, Ceausescu style.

I woke up feeling naturally disappointed, but would settle for them fecking off within the next month or so.

red thru&thru

No you are a drama queen if you expect him to ruin a club. Who promoted you ffs?
When did I say he'd ruin the club? :lol: Quite the contrary, I've always advocated for Edwin to join us as CEO. A role he has proven himself. Not too sure where the drama in that is? :keano:

You're very angry, aren't you? Did you not like my reply about John Murtough and having some credibility to do the job over Edwin who has never done the job?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Hasnt he proved himself then? I thought he was doing a fairly decent job at Ajax.
I did not mean EVDS, just more a general remark. If he has proven himself, only then any former player should be considered. I cant comment on EVDS though

red thru&thru

That is why I said unless proven
Ah, okay. I had both Becks and Edwin in the same sentence and it wasn't very clear who you meant.

But both are experienced in the running of football clubs, so I'm not too sure what you meant.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Ah, okay. I had both Becks and Edwin in the same sentence and it wasn't very clear who you meant.

But both are experienced in the running of football clubs, so I'm not too sure what you meant.
I would hate it if we appoint former players just because they are former players. Edwin on the other hand seems to be doing a decent job

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Felix on loan and the Glazers gone by 31st January would be a decent start to the new year
A deal like this should take months to finalize even once the buyer is identified, which doesn't seem to be the case, yet.

I think January is impossible, April-May would be fantastic and anything before June would still be fine. What I am scared of is that they will not get the insane price they are hoping for and will decide to not sell, or will only sell a minority interest.

I cannot stand a second of their incompetence, anymore. Once they are gone we need new owner to bring top football executives. A dream would be - Van der Sar from Ajax, but anybody who knows what they are doing is also fine

Infra-red

Does anyone know the next time the Glazers have to speak / release something?

maybe quarterly results, fan forums, shareholder updates etc?

@Messier1994
Q2 results will be released in March. And yes, before anyone asks, Q2 in this case is three months ending 31 December 2022. As reported by The Athletic, the Raine Group are hoping to facilitate the sale of the club by 31 March 2023 and are hoping to achieve a price of £6-7bn - this may well all be bluster though of course.

Sushi Kagawa

Seems like things are in motion but just have to hope the new owners will be good ones

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

Related to the potential sale of the club perhaps?

Nero

The last thing Qatari owners would want is Saudi Arabia plastered front and centre on the shirt.

Done deal, Qataris in by Monday.

bosskeano

Why would i NOT be surprised to see Beckham somehow involved in a consortium that buys United

Brophs

The One and Only
Would Ronaldo’s delicate ego be able to take Saudi sponsorship of the club he’s just been turfed out of by the country he’s just moved to?

kode

the tweet mentions a contract was to be signed for the sponsor this week but since then no action were taken...

does it also mean the Saudis wont be the one buying the club? i would think if they were in pole to buy then they would not bother discussing shirt sponsorship as it would be easier to buy the club then manage internally the sponsorships?

Also would it make sense to even sort the shirt sponsorship while the club is up for sale? Unless the Glazerz were trying to keep the club by saling a portion only and thus would try to find a sponsor for the shirt....

So confused

Status
Not open for further replies.