Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf

But that's my point. Forget about trying to suss out who will buy United, how they will pay for it is unknowable at this point. So watching the invective behaviour about things that NO ONE knows to be true is what is fascinating.

I don't pretend to know who will buy United or how they will pay for it, but presenting a guess as fact and arguing with others who disagree with your "facts" is so very Trumpian in nature as to be fascinating to me.
You don't get out much do you?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If I were to speculate, Qatar were always in pole position as the Glazers are just trying to shake their piggy bank for another few hundred million.

We've seen Avram Glazer pictured speaking to the Qatari shortly before NY, he was also at the World Cup and again the speculation has always been that they've had a buyer lined up.

I think there was also a titbit of the Glazers receiving an offer from one of the wealthy Qatari families for 1.1bn back in 2011 which they rejected.

It all sounds quite plausible but I guess we'll know sooner rather than later, hopefully by end of Feb, so EtH can set his plans in motion for the summer window and beyond.
The club will go to the highest bidder. I hope that those bidding are doing their homework. God forbid if some asshole comes in and puts us in more debt

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
We are Manchester United. We deserve to be fighting for all trophies every season. We deserve to be in contention to sign all the best players. We simply deserve the best.

None of the American owners will be able to offer that. Neither will this Ratcliffe guy if he's asking for help from Goldman Sachs (responsible for one of the biggest corruptions ever) and JP Morgan (main backer of Glazers thanks to Woodward who was their employee). No more leeches.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
We are Manchester United. We deserve to be fighting for all trophies every season. We deserve to be in contention to sign all the best players. We simply deserve the best.

None of the American owners will be able to offer that. Neither will this Ratcliffe guy if he's asking for help from Goldman Sachs (responsible for one of the biggest corruptions ever) and JP Morgan (main backer of Glazers thanks to Woodward who was their employee). No more leeches.
It’s just about liquidity.

devilish

No problem. You represent our Maltese fans so be sure to set a good example.
I represent myself

Honestly I'm utterly pissed off. The Manchester people are the nicest people I had ever met. I hate that some ahole comes in and exploit their good nature & loyalty which is what the Glazers did and what I feel Jim Ratcliffe would do.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Yea, you’re right, the guy running an investment fund who’s proposing taking on £800m in debt from the bank who bankroll Trump has exactly the same motivation as the Middle Eastern oil barons using the change they found down the back of the sofa.

Ratcliffe is a snake selling his own oil.
So how much does he take out of Nice and Lausanne then?

Gandalf

Laughing at them aside I assume that the parties who are unsuccessful in acquiring United will move on to Liverpool next. While we are understandably taking up all the attention, after we’re sorted then you also have the second biggest club in England for sale, which surely has to be quite appealing to these same people as well.
Maybe. On the other hand once we are sold they might well look at a landscape that includes us, Newcastle, City and to some degree Chelsea and think that the ideal opportunity has passed. Maybe Joel and Avram will buy them instead.

TheReligion

Abusive
I represent myself

Honestly I'm utterly pissed off. The Manchester people are the nicest people I had ever met. I hate that some ahole comes in and exploit their good nature & loyalty which is what the Glazers did and what I feel Jim Ratcliffe would do.
No need to be pissed off.

1) United doing well
2) EtH looks very good
3) We have some great and likeable players
4) Glazers are going
5) United will be better off whoever takes over. The question will be by how much.

In terms of who buys the club after everything breaking over the past 48 hours I strongly suspect it will be Middle East ownership. The Qatar consortium although would not rule out a Saudi bid.

RedDevilUnited369

I got the feeling that Sir Jim would replace ETH with someone like Thomas Tuchel…

Just from how I heard him talk in the past..just speculation.

Gandalf

1) United doing well
2) EtH looks very good
4) Glazers are going
5) United will be better off whoever takes over. The question will be by how much.

In terms of who buys the club after everything breaking over the past 48 hours I strongly suspect it will be Middle East ownership. The Qatar consortium although would not rule out a Saudi bid.
He is a good manager too but it is nice that you find him easy on the eye.

devilish

1) United doing well
2) EtH looks very good
4) Glazers are going

I hope that United are owned by owners who wants its best, it can afford it and will see themselves as custodians of a nation/world treasure. These years were tough on all of us but especially the local fans who had watched OT turning in this sorry state and had been belittled by city/Liverpool fans. I hope that better years are ahead

Suv666

Its obviously going to be Qatar. Radcliffe can't outmuscle oil money. Plus haven't we seen Qataris and Glazers hanging out?
Done dealio imo

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Are you winding me up?

Ratcliffe and his fund can’t afford to play at this level, hence taking on enormous amounts of debt to try and make it work. That comes with cost, as we know all too well given the last near 20 years.

Qatar investors with the cash to pay outright are very obviously and clearly operating in a different way and have different motives.

This isn’t complicated. Trying to draw comparisons to what he does with Nice which cost around 1% of what United will likely cost is just absurd.

devilish

If Saudi are in the mix too then we will end up with a ME owner. One might feck up but both? It's unlikely

Fts 74

It's been said many times already,but at this level of investment the interested parties will all have some dodgy traits.
I don't get the hate for Ratcliffe, I would prefer not to be painted with the sportswashing brush if im honest and I'm sure we'll get more details of the bids and hopefully plans going forward I really hope whoever buys us involves the fans properly unlike the Glazers who didn't speak for 17 years!!

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
So people think oil money is dirty but happy take venture capital / wall street money.

What we need is owners who don’t want profit or dividends or care about ROI. We need investors who‘s priority is to invest and make us top again, and if that is oil money, so be it. We had leeches for the past 15 years and look where that led us

Vapor trail

Those quotes about Ratcliffe if true are no good. Same situation as the Glazers in essence.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I don’t want oil money in a perfect world, but oil or Rat? It’s no contest.
Well there could be a contest.

If someone says they object to the morals and politics of a middle east country so much that they don't want to be owned by them, even if the alternative leaves us much worse off financially then I respect that point of view, not that I necessarily agree with it. Not whether we like the morals and politics that is, but whether we should turn their money away or not.

If someone tries to say commercial consortiums, American or British, will provide the same money for players and the stadium because tax and liquidity and economics everyone is too stupid to understand, then no, that I don't respect.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Imagine the Glazers accepting a debt-fueled bid in order to have the last laugh

AndySmith1990

Which of the interested parties are most likely to invest in the facilities and rebuild the dilapidated stadium? I want them

Kaos

Yeah Ratcliffe+Goldman Sachs dreamteam gives me the ick. Hopefully the Qataris blow them out the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.