Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dove

I dont care about the money they will put in. Ratcliffe will without a question put in money, but there is no way that he is going to be able to put a competing offer against a Qatari investment group, so this is going to happen. Manchester United will be owned and controlled by the Emir of Qatar.

I will never not support the club, but Im more than a little dissapointed that so many of the Redcafe posters are happy about a state takeover just because they will put money into the club. One thing is still supporting the club, another is bieng giddy that the club we all love will be funded by a regime no one of us would want our daughters to grow up in. Thats where my problem is. This is just replacing one owner with another that I despise.
Maybe some people are being giddy but for me personally I just feel like it's the safest option to ensure that the club I support stays competitive for the years to come so out of all the bad options, state seems to be the "safest". All those US consortiums or Ratcliffe seems like a lottery to me with us having absolutely no idea what we would get. However I feel it's likely we would end up with another version of the Glazers which I don't know for how long more this club would be able to handle it as we have already been milked hard by current parasites. I don't know how can you 100% say that "Ratcliffe will without a question put in money" because there is a good chance that he will not. What then?

Ten Lasso

Nice to see so many of you who just do not give a shit who owns the club as long as they give you players and money. Im certain the womens team will be excited to be owned and funded by the regime that do not allow women do live life without permission from a male guardian. You lot have the backbone of a jellyfish and Im happy to take a account warning for the truble of telling you as much.
Top red indeed

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Nice to see so many of you who just do not give a shit who owns the club as long as they give you players and money. Im certain the womens team will be excited to be owned and funded by the regime that do not allow women do live life without permission from a male guardian. You lot have the backbone of a jellyfish and Im happy to take a account warning for the truble of telling you as much.
In fairness the women’s team would probably be happy to get likely pay increase and better facilities comparable to what City have.

RORY65

We all know the Qatar business is fecking sad, is anyone pretending otherwise? I think getting annoyed that some people have reluctantly made their peace with this inevitable outcome, and doing it so aggressively is just a bit pointless now.

Whoever takes over from here, we’re getting in bed with shady folk, it is what it is.

Big feck off Elon though, that idiot deserves all the abuse.
My issue is more that a lot of people are actively delighted about it and desperate for it so we can sign Mbappe, it's completely reasonable for people to reluctantly make their peace with the outcome. Particularly for fans from Manchester, the club is so close to them and part of the community that I can imagine it would be incredibly painful and a huge change to their lives to stop following United although I know that following the team means so much to millions of people around the world.

To be honest, as someone who lives in London and gets to maybe 10 games a season, my feeling is that I want no part of it (it's morally gross and any success would be uninteresting and soulless) and so right now my thinking is I would probably walk away but I don't know if I would genuinely stop following United fully if it comes to pass. Any party with £5bn+ to spend is probably going to be a cnut but there are still levels of cuntiness. It's just people on here jizzing themselves about it that is kind of grim.

I agree with you about Musk though, don't need a bozo like that running the club.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Just need the Apple rumors to resurface now, and they could probably afford to outbid QIA

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I have no idea about Nice's finances but if you are trying to cleverly suggest Ineos shareholders wouldn't mind him giving away billions of their money to United for nothing you're bonkers.
Ineos have taken no share dividends from OGS Nice, but have given the club interest free loans after the takeover.

Telsim

Time to change the title of this thread, I guess. | Qatari bid imminent. Ratcliffe to be BTFO.

red thru&thru

Surely a title change is needed?

Also, I wonder if one of the re-constructible stadiums from the WC, will be brought over to help with using it as the youth stadium/ladies stadium?!

Cal?

CR7 fan
They never would though. The motivations aren’t the same.
True... :(

Musk or Bezos could afford it if they want to, otherwise welcome our new Qatari overlords.

Quarterly friendlies vs PSG in Doha?

Last edited:

Zippycup

I have no idea about Nice's finances but if you are trying to cleverly suggest Ineos shareholders wouldn't mind him giving away billions of their money to United for nothing you're bonkers.
You said he would definitely take money out.
I'm asking a reasonable question. As you said. You've no idea

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ineos have taken no share dividends from OGS Nice, but have given the club interest free loans after the takeover.
Regarding Nice and INEOS a few things need to be said. Nice have fairly new stadium, training ground and academy which were financed years ago and aren't an area that INEOS would have to spend on and Nice was sold for around 100m.

So ignoring the fact that INEOS football management has been subpar, the purchase of Nice is in nearly no way similar to the purchase of United. There is no comparison to make and no information about the way INEOS may or may not invest in United. It's like comparing the purchase of a small brand new house with the purchase of an historic building that needs refurbishing.

Sir Bobby

Qatar will be good for us. I really can’t wait to see what ETH and co can cook up with a fat budget and the best facilities. Even next summer Bellingham and a striker would push this team back into contention. Longer term the midfield still needs major work and DDG needs replacing but things are really starting to look up for us again.
This, of course, sounds very tempting.
But I'm still not sure I want this. We've spoken badly about clubs owned this way, and now we're into it ourselves.
And also, probably most people want to compete without these money, but is it even possible?!?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Shame Elon is a bit of whackjob. Tesla would look great on our shirt. New state of the art stadium sponsored by Tesla too would be pretty cool.

He just seems too much like a psycho though sadly. We'd probably be better off under the parasites than him. Hahaha

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
You don't have to take money out of an investment to get a return on an investment. Capital appreciation is a concept shareholders are not unaware of.

Look at the amount of money the Glazers took out of the club per year, then compare it to the amount of money they have made through the asset appreciating in value, then count how many years it would take for INEOS pay off the cost of buying the club by leeching that money out of the club, then take a look at their annual income as it stands. At that point it should be clear why taking money out of the club isn't going to be a pressing concern for any stakeholder involved.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Shame Elon is a bit of whackjob. Tesla would look great on our shirt. New state of the art stadium sponsored by Tesla too would be pretty cool.

He just seems too much like a psycho though sadly. We'd probably be better off under the parasites than him. Hahaha
I'd prefer the SpaceX logo if it's Elon Musk.

But he's a bit out of it, would rather Bezos or ideally Apple if possible.

Bosws87

How’s city’s women’s team?

Rolaholic

Some of the best womens players don't seem to mind playing for the likes of City and PSG at all, they invest heavily in their womens teams.

Something that can't exactly be said for United

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
All the ones saying about budget, this is not City, we generate our own money. The difference would be having owners who do not take millions out of the club. They will let us spend what we are allowed to and hopefully, that will be the big point, on the right players. The ones worrying about the women's team. This is an English club and they will make sure the women have the best facilities and are paid fairly compared to the other teams. What we have to hope down the line is being involved strongly in other countries and how they live their lives will make them relax their views on women's roles in their own country and also see that the LGBT community enrichen lives not threaten a way of life.

Infra-red

Glazer era finally over :D
Steady. Worth noting that Qatar have not actually submitted a bid (at least not yet). Indeed we don't in fact have confirmation of any interested parties, aside from Ratcliffe. At this moment, it is very much 'paper talk' (and, from the Glazers' perspective, highly-convenient paper talk at that). We should hear next week who actually put in offers in advance of Friday's deadline and whether the Glazers are minded to accept any of them. Don't get too excited, there is still the possibility for massive, crushing disappointment here!

NLunited

With Musk:
-we would have total control of Twitter
-better ties with Russia and Rich oil states
-first PL game in space
-VIPs like Putin and MBS attending our
games

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Steady. Worth noting that Qatar have not actually submitted a bid (at least not yet). Indeed we don't in fact have confirmation of any interested parties, aside from Ratcliffe. At this moment, it is very much 'paper talk' (and, from the Glazers' perspective, highly-convenient paper talk at that). We should hear next week who actually put in offers in advance of Friday's deadline and whether the Glazers are minded to accept any of them. Don't get too excited, there is still the possibility for massive, crushing disappointment here!
If Qatar want the club then there is not a great deal anybody else can do. Definitely not Jim Ratcliffe.

Infra-red

If Qatar want the club then there is not a great deal anybody else can do. Definitely not Jim Ratcliffe.
That's not correct. The Qataris may (or may not) want it, but assuming that they do, there is the question of how much they want it and whether they are willing to meet whatever valuation Joel and Avram have decided is "enough". Unless you think that there will be no other bidders, they also won't have a clear run at it - Ratcliffe might not be willing to go over £4bn, but it's possible that there will be bidders from the US and/or Saudi Arabia who are.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I've never taken the piss out of other clubs about their spending. I've taken the piss out of ours, who have spent the most (prior to Boehly).

Spending money on transfers haven't ever been an issue, it's how we've spent it, and who've given the responsibility on doing so.

I want ME owners due to them more likely than not looking for short - medium term returns. They will spend the money on the facilities.

I've had enough of being run like a business, which no doubts INEOS and US consortium would run us as
We've been told that, if the Glazers just spend our own revenue on the club, then we'll be fine. So surely INEOS could do that? Nobody is buying us to make a profit anymore. We're simply not worth investing £5b+ for £20m per year dividend. Waste of time.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
That's not correct. The Qataris may (or may not) want it, but assuming that they do, there is the question of how much they want it and whether they are willing to meet whatever valuation Joel and Avram have decided is "enough". Unless you think that there will be no other bidders, they also won't have a clear run at it - Ratcliffe might not be willing to go over £4bn, but it's possible that there will be bidders from the US and/or Saudi Arabia who are.
I'm afraid it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.