Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waynne

He wears a United shirt for 5-a-sides?

Just a shirt? Not the full kit?

So he's only a fair weather fan then.
Seems that way.

I'll only buy it he's a fan if the United merchandise extends down to his undies.

Chief123

Agreed. And they would annoy one of the few buyers.

Also, with new regulations coming in, it'll potentially be harder for people from ME to come in and purchase the club.
With the new regulations coming in, Glazers will definitely have a much smaller pool of potential buyers. Especially if their reason to not sell is because they want £6b+. Good luck trying to find any bidders with new regulations which doesn’t include money from the Middle East. They’d be stupid to delay any sale.

Miro Karhan

Supports
One touch footie
The freaking Milwaukee Bucks (a small market NBA team with a very small fan base) were just sold for 3.5 billion this past weekend. If that's the going rate for a tiny NBA team in the American midwest is going for, I would think the Glazers could get close to 6 billion for United right now.
We agree. Just for now Glazers were thinking of milking Qataris but no cigar. 4,5-5bil isnt enough. They were hoping for more than 6bil. For now they can stay, raking in around 30mil a year, waiting for more lucrative offers.

Sibblings will be gone shortly as they are utterly struggling with other businesess and just need cash. Joel and Avram are hard nutts, they love their dozen milion dividents a year from Man Utd.

As they are absolutely uselless with other adventures they want to stay here and make some millions every year. But they are forced, it almost look like a forced sale: four family members want (and need) to sale their shares, Joel and Avram also need to make a move: either sell it or bring a partner to run the club. I dont wish Manchester United FC anything bad, but if these two brothers are staying then god bless.

AlPistacho

Amazing how many replies misunderstood this to mean either he was never interested or won’t be increasing his bid. When all it means is he wants full ownership.

red thru&thru

Amazing how many replies misunderstood this to mean either he was never interested or won’t be increasing his bid. When all it means is he wants full ownership.
How can one misunderstand the tweet? Pretty clear as to what it means! Crazy.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Avram and Joel will do. Elliott pay off the rest of the family. Thats their modus operandi. Then they squeeze the couple brothers off the whole business.
Think the new rules on football ownership being brought in by the government means none of this can happen. Loading debt onto clubs will be illegal. The parasite era is over.

red thru&thru

We agree. Just for now Glazers were thinking of milking Qataris but no cigar. 4,5-5bil isnt enough. They were hoping for more than 6bil. For now they can stay, raking in around 30mil a year, waiting for more lucrative offers.

Sibblings will be gone shortly as they are utterly struggling with other businesess and just need cash. Joel and Avram are hard nutts, they love their dozen milion dividents a year from Man Utd.

As they are absolutely uselless with other adventures they want to stay here and make some millions every year. But they are forced, it almost look like a forced sale: four family members want (and need) to sale their shares, Joel and Avram also need to make a move: either sell it or bring a partner to run the club. I dont wish Manchester United FC anything bad, but if these two brothers are staying then god bless.
So, how much will be required to buy out the siblings?

Chief123

This account seemed to be one of the first to break the Rashford goal change yesterday and it gets the early team sheet as well so take this as you will
I’ve no idea the reliability of the source but I would say based on personal opinion, Avram attending the game would be more of an indication he’s selling rather than staying. He may have seen it as one last big occasion to meet all the seniors in the club before parting ways. Who knows.

Roboc7

So, how much will be required to buy out the siblings?
I think the siblings own at least 60% of the shares that the Glazers are selling. So buying them out at the valuation of 6 billion would be at least 3.5 billion.

If the intention is/was to buy out the siblings, such a public process and being adamant that club is worth an inflated fee isn’t really the best way to go about it.

AlPistacho

I’ve no idea the reliability of the source but I would say based on personal opinion, Avram attending the game would be more of an indication he’s selling rather than staying. He may have seen it as one last big occasion to meet all the seniors in the club before parting ways. Who knows.
Yeah, I’m not sure but I think Joel was there too based on one pic I saw. I know we hate them, I know they’ve drained the club of billions just get millions in dividends a year, I know if they sell they’ll have * 10 an £800m investment that they/their dad didn’t even front most of the money.

But let’s look at it as neutrals. They’ve been there over a decade, it’s their dad’s greatest accomplishment, it’s very unlikely they won’t have some sentimental attachment to the people and the club. Most likely even if it’s sold they’ll still keep an eye on United and be happy for our wins and successes without them.

Cman

I think Qatar will improve their bid and the Glazers will sell.
However if they don’t increase their bid I won’t be surprised if they stay.
Reading through a lot of the other threads and it’s clear that most fans think that the team is in the strongest position it has been since even a few years before Fergie left. I think the majority of us believe that there will be bigger trophy’s coming our way over the coming seasons.
But the Glazers will also be of the same opinion as will potential new sponsors.
Fans saying they have to sell as they can’t invest the money required to get the stadium up to standard are saying that out of hope that they go I think.
I have no doubt that they can stay on if they don’t get the offer they want. Sell some shares and keep a majority share or bring in Elliot’s just for the infrastructure side of things.
Build a new stadium and put massive developments where current stadiums is. In other words sell OT and have us as the main tenants in a new stadium.
Hope that doesn’t happen and I do believe that Qatar will up the bid and and they will take the money and run. Just think that those saying the Glazers have to sell because they haven’t got the money to invest in the club are being very naive.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Many of the complaints levied at the Glazers actually apply to him at Nice, some on the football side, are actually worse eg the one about making the cycling coach football director etc.
Both the wheels and the ball are round. A lot more in common than you think.

Chief123

Yeah, I’m not sure but I think Joel was there too based on one pic I saw. I know we hate them, I know they’ve drained the club of billions just get millions in dividends a year, I know if they sell they’ll have * 10 an £800m investment that they/their dad didn’t even front most of the money.

But let’s look at it as neutrals. They’ve been there over a decade, it’s their dad’s greatest accomplishment, it’s very unlikely they won’t have some sentimental attachment to the people and the club. Most likely even if it’s sold they’ll still keep an eye on United and be happy for our wins and successes without them.
I do genuinely think they would have developed some kind of attachment and belonging to the club over the 17 years even if they didn’t initially. I still think financial gain has always been their primary goal but I’m sure they still have some sporting interest in us doing well.

However, looking at it from a financial perspective I just don’t see how they could justify turning down selling now for the price they would get. They simply aren’t going to get that kind of money from just continuing to take dividends from the club. The only possibly way they could make more money is by selling the club for an even higher price than the offers they are likely to get now.

With the new regulations coming in, it’s an extremely high risk for them to chance their luck later down the line because the truth is any person who buys would have to be buying just for personal interest. You don’t really buy a football club like Utd for £5b to make profit. There are significantly better businesses with much better and safer returns.

I just don’t think the Glazers are going to have the pool of buyers they would desire once the new regs kick in.

NK86

They´re inicially getting very reasonable offer from the Elliotts. Couple more years they want to stay, hoping for Superleague/New TV rights/or at least improved sponzorship deals. Easy 20-30mil a year earnings plus selling MUFC for close to 6bil in a couple years time. They just dont consider that an Elliott will royally feck them up with Glazer´ brothers crawling back home almost empty handed like Hicks and Gillet.
Where have you heard the terms of the Elliot offer or what the Glazers are interested in doing with it? Do you have some insider info or just guessing based on absolutely nothing?

Miro Karhan

Supports
One touch footie
That sounds even more dangerous than the Glazers to be fair. Could create a lot of instability around the club when they get kicked out.
You are right Gas its extremely dangerous. Somehow I dont believe it´ll ended up like Liverpool dodgy takeover.

I wish SirJim R gets it, he will do a lot of great stuff for Manchester United Football Club. Qatar offer looks a bit dodgey. Worst scenario is for Glazers to stay. Hoping for your briliant club to get a at least Decent new owners.

Infra-red

So, on the basis that the Glazers want around 5bn for the club, but they don't get this and decide not to sell. So, how much will the remaining 4 siblings be willing to receive to leave the club?
Based on your example of a £5bn club valuation, you'd need £2.3bn to buyout the four wantaway siblings.

clarkydaz

Are thinking of the clip where ETH shakes all the hands with Ferige? Theres a guy who looks like Joel but isnt him

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I hate the glazers but this is some serious straw clutching. David de gea is nowhere near Avram. You can see Avram is stood much further back with Fergie!
In the longer clip, de Gea is seen embracing Sir Alex before moving onto the people you see him interacting with in this video, and he does avoid the creep. Weird that it is edited out of this clip.

Chief123

In the longer clip, de Gea is seen embracing Sir Alex before moving onto the people you see him interacting with in this video, and he does avoid the creep. Weird that it is edited out of this clip.
Interesting! It’s bizarre that the players would make a conscious effort to completely blank him. At the end of the day he’s still the guy that pays their wages and approves their contracts. It could be spun positively in that they don’t care because they know he’s on his way out. Hope so!

Mind you De Gea has nothing to lose considering his contract is up in the summer anyway. :lol:

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
I hate the glazers but this is some serious straw clutching. David de gea is nowhere near Avram. You can see Avram is stood much further back with Fergie!
This clip in particular is missing just beforehand where De Gea hugs Fergie in front of Avram so he was as good as right next to him at one point

TsuWave

I know first comment is “so they won’t increase their bid” another comment, now deleted, was “he was never serious ? “
What’s killing me is the random Spurs fan asking “so will he turn to Tottenham if the Man United bid fails?:lol:

Chief123

This clip in particular is missing just beforehand where De Gea hugs Fergie in front of Avram so he was as good as right next to him at one point
Yeah I’ve just seen the longer clip. That’s funny! It does look weird though. It’s like the players don’t even recognise the guy. There’s clearly no rapport with anyone in the playing staff.

Hal9000

They´re inicially getting very reasonable offer from the Elliotts. Couple more years they want to stay, hoping for Superleague/New TV rights/or at least improved sponzorship deals. Easy 20-30mil a year earnings plus selling MUFC for close to 6bil in a couple years time. They just dont consider that an Elliott will royally feck them up with Glazer´ brothers crawling back home almost empty handed like Hicks and Gillet.
The thing is a minority share will not work for the Glazers although they talk about it. If they sold off 20/30/40% of their shares, then it probably still won't give them enough to do what needs to be done to grow revenue, all they have now is a less control and now an investor who will push pressure on them to ensure they get a decent level of returns.

Super League is a non starter, especially with these new rules apprently coming in. The improved sponsorship, well i think what happened with Chevvy and now TeamViewer will see them struggle to get headline sponsors of that level once again, even the kit deal is nearlly ran it's course and they would already be talking to Nike/Adidas etc to gauge what they are willing to pay.

I personally think Glazers know they have milked the cow as much as they can. The timing of this is obvious, they would of got the plans + costs from the Master Planners appointed last year, they would be looking at the shirt sponsors (as they agreed to let TeamViewer out the deal) and the price companies are willing to pay, same for the kit deal, obviously their grand Super League idea went in the bin so now they have nothing to grow the club with.

Status
Not open for further replies.