Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
If you mean my minority question, it's a genuine question. And I really would like an answer to it so that I understand how it would work.
Sorry man. We posted at the same time so I hadn’t even seen your post when I posted. But no, questions like yours aren’t what I was referring to. More the weird petty arguments people spend hours on.

Woziak

Pretty sure it was recently said that their previous offer was $6bn?
Journalists are reporting wrong because it suits the Glazier Narrative it’s clearly £4.4-4.5bn pounds or €5bn which is the bid to buy 69% of the Glaziers B voting shares, the Qatar bid has been clear they wish to own 100% and take the club off the US stock exchange which would mean they have a further commitment to buy all public listed A shares so that’s probably another £1bn to $1.3bn and then they have agreed to pay off the £500-600m debt which is why some Qatar based journalists are reporting the figure for Qatar’s bid being £5bn although the Glaziers would get £4.5bn between 6 siblings and here’s the really sickening part, Ed Woodward with 0.05% of B class voting shares would stand to get £22,500,000 or should the bid increase to £5bn plus the £500-600m debt a cool £25,000,000 let that sink in for one minute!

stevoc

Journalists are reporting wrong because it suits the Glazier Narrative it’s clearly £4.4-4.5bn pounds or €5bn which is the bid to buy 69% of the Glaziers B voting shares, the Qatar bid has been clear they wish to own 100% and take the club off the US stock exchange which would mean they have a further commitment to buy all public listed A shares so that’s probably another £1bn to $1.3bn and then they have agreed to pay off the £500-600m debt which is why some Qatar based journalists are reporting the figure for Qatar’s bid being £5bn although the Glaziers would get £4.5bn between 6 siblings and here’s the really sickening part, Ed Woodward with 0.05% of B class voting shares would stand to get £22,500,000 or should the bid increase to £5bn plus the £500-600m debt a cool £25,000,000 let that sink in for one minute!
Only needed 2 seconds before I decided I didn't like it.

Woziak

Could it be United issuing more shares for these investors to purchase, effectively diluting Glazers’ own shares as well as those floated in NY? This would work for United as the new fund would be used as United’s working capital and not towards Glazers’ pockets.
Highly unlikely, The Raine group employed by the Glaziers want a clean sale to one party.

Two of the Glaziers are reluctant sellers but some of them have already sold very small percentages of their shares off to raise cash previously. My guess all the PR and spin in the media is to drive the price to an optimum level, the six siblings voting shares range from 14-19% individually and will make a collective decision which looks like it’s been made. Raine want the highest commission possible which means drive the sale up but they also do not want to lose the sale as they then lose their huge commission fee.

We should know more in next two weeks but the smart bet now is the Qatari make a final take it or leave it offer and providing no 3rd party or SJR bid is bigger, highly unlikely, a join statement will be issued saying the club has been sold for $6.7bn so it looks like nearly €6bn when in reality the bid will probably be £5bn plus the £620m debt incorporated into the bid to spin a positive PR that the Glaziers only wanted to negotiate with someone who made the club debt free, wouldn’t even surprise me if an advance payment like a deposit was paid of £600m in April to clear the debt, also allowing a working capital for transfers and link both parties into a binding contract. The Glaziers then get there hands on £5bn and although they’ve sold off about 8% of the shares recently they still own a combined 69%, in all honesty they would be insane to turn this down, giving the uncertainty of the economic climate, the huge hatred from their fans during their tenure and their complete incompetence and ability to continue to mess up with the Crown Jewels of the PL, no one wants to see United or for that matter Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea getting beaten 7-0 by another so called super club because it shows a lack of competition, at United we learned to stop blaming the coach and players years ago for these results and let’s be clear Sir Alex Lost 1-6 to City but still had the same 89 points at the end of the season and won the title the year after. My point is simply, united’s worst defeats in the PL home and away have come under their tenure, more importantly after Malcolm’s death because none of them are a hands on owner because a true owner would never tolerate results like these.

People ask why I’m recent times do united sometimes implode we only had 3 defeats of 5-0 (Newcastle) 5-0 (Chelsea) 6-3 Southampton from 1994-2010 and then in last 13 years far too many for a club of our stature ; 1-6 at home to city, 1-6 at spurs 0-5 at Liverpool, 7-0 at Liverpool 6-3 city 4-0 Brentford 4-0 Liverpool 5-0 city. People ask why ? It’s simple, players have no fear, they will still be there next year picking up there 150-200k per week and no genuine winning Owner like Roman Abrahamovic who watched every game when he could , constantly visiting the Changing room losing it with the players and the managers, if you own a football club, any club, the bare minimum is to care? Our owners have and will never care, they are the cancer that nearly destroyed the club and the sooner they leave the better.

Had Manchester United employed competent efficient executives in the summer we would have got Antony and L Martinez done much earlier, Saved £40-45m and probably bought Gatkpo in the summer or the winter to give ETH more options, having known previously you can’t rely on A Martial or a 38 year old Ronaldo but we didn’t and it was just the same as every season, scampering to get a player we wanted, looking fir that cheap workd class star that was past his best, always paying over the odds and giving out inflated contracts just to get the deal done.

The only salvation for united fans is that the summer 2022 transfer window authorised by them will hopefully be the last where the club is ridiculed by other clubs and sporting journalists for being truly awful at negotiating transfer fees and salary deals for new players. I don’t know about other United fans but the day the news is announced we’ve been bought by new owners I’m celebrating like it’s 1999.

AlexUTD

Highly unlikely, The Raine group employed by the Glaziers want a clean sale to one party.

Two of the Glaziers are reluctant sellers but some of them have already sold very small percentages of their shares off to raise cash previously. My guess all the PR and spin in the media is to drive the price to an optimum level, the six siblings voting shares range from 14-19% individually and will make a collective decision which looks like it’s been made. Raine want the highest commission possible which means drive the sale up but they also do not want to lose the sale as they then lose their huge commission fee.

We should know more in next two weeks but the smart bet now is the Qatari make a final take it or leave it offer and providing no 3rd party or SJR bid is bigger, highly unlikely, a join statement will be issued saying the club has been sold for $6.7bn so it looks like nearly €6bn when in reality the bid will probably be £5bn plus the £620m debt incorporated into the bid to spin a positive PR that the Glaziers only wanted to negotiate with someone who made the club debt free, wouldn’t even surprise me if an advance payment like a deposit was paid of £600m in April to clear the debt, also allowing a working capital for transfers and link both parties into a binding contract. The Glaziers then get there hands on £5bn and although they’ve sold off about 8% of the shares recently they still own a combined 69%, in all honesty they would be insane to turn this down, giving the uncertainty of the economic climate, the huge hatred from their fans during their tenure and their complete incompetence and ability to continue to mess up with the Crown Jewels of the PL, no one wants to see United or for that matter Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea getting beaten 7-0 by another so called super club because it shows a lack of competition, at United we learned to stop blaming the coach and players years ago for these results and let’s be clear Sir Alex Lost 1-6 to City but still had the same 89 points at the end of the season and won the title the year after. My point is simply, united’s worst defeats in the PL home and away have come under their tenure, more importantly after Malcolm’s death because none of them are a hands on owner because a true owner would never tolerate results like these.

People ask why I’m recent times do united sometimes implode we only had 3 defeats of 5-0 (Newcastle) 5-0 (Chelsea) 6-3 Southampton from 1994-2010 and then in last 13 years far too many for a club of our stature ; 1-6 at home to city, 1-6 at spurs 0-5 at Liverpool, 7-0 at Liverpool 6-3 city 4-0 Brentford 4-0 Liverpool 5-0 city. People ask why ? It’s simple, players have no fear, they will still be there next year picking up there 150-200k per week and no genuine winning Owner like Roman Abrahamovic who watched every game when he could , constantly visiting the Changing room losing it with the players and the managers, if you own a football club, any club, the bare minimum is to care? Our owners have and will never care, they are the cancer that nearly destroyed the club and the sooner they leave the better.

Had Manchester United employed competent efficient executives in the summer we would have got Antony and L Martinez done much earlier, Saved £40-45m and probably bought Gatkpo in the summer or the winter to give ETH more options, having known previously you can’t rely on A Martial or a 38 year old Ronaldo but we didn’t and it was just the same as every season, scampering to get a player we wanted, looking fir that cheap workd class star that was past his best, always paying over the odds and giving out inflated contracts just to get the deal done.

The only salvation for united fans is that the summer 2022 transfer window authorised by them will hopefully be the last where the club is ridiculed by other clubs and sporting journalists for being truly awful at negotiating transfer fees and salary deals for new players. I don’t know about other United fans but the day the news is announced we’ve been bought by new owners I’m celebrating like it’s 1999.

Very good post.

I think or hope the second Glazers realised that they cant compete against City and Newcastle and other clubs to get a minimum of top 4 to get CL money without actually investing their own money they realised that they had to try to sell and get maximum profit out of the club.

Crossing fingers that they sell.

jem

To be fair I don't think any of the worlds governments have accused @Memento28 of being a Liverpool fan.

Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani has publicly stated that the Qatari government 'maybe' provided funding to terrorist groups while he was Prime Minister.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/qatar-maybe-supported-al-qaeda-syria-says-former-pm

Though the Prime Minister of a country being involved in sending financial aid to terrorist organisations should hardly come as a shock to anyone. Many countries do exactly that all the time if it aligns with their broader goals in various regions of the world. The United States funded Osama Bin Laden after all.
Maybe so, but the wording of the post that I responded to was ridiculous.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
The Glazers didn’t visit Qatar to enjoy the nice weather so I assume that there’s already a verbal agreement of some sort.

Both parties want this to happen so the only thing that’s left is to find a suitable financial solution and the paper work. As someone mentioned before the deal will be presented as a win win with the Glazers collecting close to €$£6B, with or without clearing the clubs debt.

I’m fully on board. Our loss at Anfield was the final straw.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The Glazers didn’t visit Qatar to enjoy the nice weather so I assume that there’s already a verbal agreement of some sort.

Both parties want this to happen so the only thing that’s left is to find a suitable financial solution and the paper work. As someone mentioned before the deal will be presented as a win win with the Glazers collecting close to €$£6B, with or without clearing the clubs debt.

Our loss at Anfield was worse than human rights abuses.

Agree actually

NotThatSoph

It's a highly controversial topic, even for the region. It's also extremely hard to know what is true, considering the agendas of different GCC members in the region plus the US that usually act as the Western view. KSA have been against Qatar's sovereign status for decades and have been trying to justify an invasion and the "helping terrorist" card has been used frequently as a way to gauge international support for such an operation. Also both UAE and Qatar have been in a diplomatic feud for years where both sides accuse each other for everything under the sun. From a Western point of view, I think most of these terrorists concerns stems from how Islamic banks operate - concerns which may or may not be legitimate. What I find ironic is that the US have been making the claims despite acting like they are near allies (KSA in particular, but also Qatar who hosts the biggest US base in the region).

So in short, if Jassim is dragged into this, it probably will be because of his role in an Islamic bank, which itself doesn't have to mean he got ties with internationally-renowned terrorist groups. But Qatar's emergence as a big player both in the region and internationally has certainly caused both them to align more with international political views and the rest of the region to treat them differently than before.
Some of the details are controversial, but the general picture is not. To deny that it's happening at all is like denying that the Saudis are doing the same thing. Jassim is irrelevant, beause this is a state bid.

BarstoolProphet

Some of the details are controversial, but the general picture is not. To deny that it's happening at all is like denying that the Saudis are doing the same thing. Jassim is irrelevant, beause this is a state bid.
Nice way of debating that subject. The person being quoted specifically mentioned Jassim.

HarryP

You assume wrong.

There's a process underway that may or may not result in the sale to a Qatari investor but there are no nods and winks behind the scenes about a deal being done, otherwise the Glazers wouldn't be paying Raine a fortune to conduct the process.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
To be fair I don't think any of the worlds governments have accused @Memento28 of being a Liverpool fan.

Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani has publicly stated that the Qatari government 'maybe' provided funding to terrorist groups while he was Prime Minister.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/qatar-maybe-supported-al-qaeda-syria-says-former-pm

Though the Prime Minister of a country being involved in sending financial aid to terrorist organisations should hardly come as a shock to anyone. Many countries do exactly that all the time if it aligns with their broader goals in various regions of the world. The United States funded Osama Bin Laden after all.
It's more complicated than that in Syria tbf.

NotThatSoph

No, that's you moving the goalposts to make it fit with your agenda.
This isn't debate club.

Imagine that you're someone who cares whether or not United as a club is owned by people sponsoring terrorists. Imagine further that this Jassim guy is squeeky clean personally, but that the state of Qatar is sponsoring terrorists. We are then bought by Qatar, with Sheikh Jassim as a front man.

Is it suddenly fine to be involved with state-sponsored terrorism? You caught someone out on a technicality, we don't know anything about this Jassim guy personally. Contratulations, 10 points to you. So what?

stevoc

It's more complicated than that in Syria tbf.
I have no doubt the situation in Syria is very complicated and it wouldn't be appropriate to get into it in this thread. All I'm saying is some are pretending as if the accusations of funding paramilitary groups is ridiculous, when it really isn't. Most governments do it to a certain extent. And HBJ would have been involved in that or at least had knowledge of it if Qatar had done it while he was Prime Minister.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I have no doubt the situation in Syria is very complicated and it wouldn't be appropriate to get into it in this thread. All I'm saying is some are pretending as if the accusations of funding paramilitary groups is ridiculous, when it really isn't. Most governments do it to a certain extent. And HBJ would have been involved in that or at least had knowledge of it if Qatar had done it while he was Prime Minister.
It's common knowledge in Syria that Qatar funded rebel groups, but that was looked at in a very positive ways among people who are against the regime, no one ever thought it would turn out this way and I doubt Qatar did when they were involved, what I'm trying to say, it's hard to say they backed terrorist groups because they believe in terrorist ideology just because of their involvment in Syria.

BarstoolProphet

This isn't debate club.

Imagine that you're someone who cares whether or not United as a club is owned by people sponsoring terrorists. Imagine further that this Jassim guy is squeeky clean personally, but that the state of Qatar is sponsoring terrorists. We are then bought by Qatar, with Sheikh Jassim as a front man.

Is it suddenly fine to be involved with state-sponsored terrorism? You caught someone out on a technicality, we don't know anything about this Jassim guy personally. Contratulations, 10 points to you. So what?
So you decided to double down and instead trying to be sarcastic about it. How hard is it to you just admit you got it wrong? Instead you are trying to create a different scenario where your arguments may or may not fit.

NotThatSoph

So you decided to double down and instead trying to be sarcastic about it. How hard is it to you just admit you got it wrong? Instead you are trying to create a different scenario where your arguments may or may not fit.
Again, if you want to score debate points then you are correct that accusations against Jassim are probably baseless, unless his bank is involved with something. Congratulations, Ben.

I assume you're fine with United being owned by people involved with state-sponsored terrorism, then.

stevoc

It's common knowledge in Syria that Qatar funded rebel groups, but that was looked at in a very positive ways among people who are against the regime, no one ever thought it would turn out this way and I doubt Qatar did when they were involved, what I'm trying to say, it's hard to say they backed terrorist groups because they believe in terrorist ideology just because of their involvment in Syria.
Oh I knew what you meant mate, I can appreciate one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. I am from Northern Ireland so I can appreciate for a lot of people there is nuance in this subject and it's not black and white.

stevoc

If he can tolerate us at our worst he deserves us at our best <3
Did he watch right until the end though? :lol:

Why do we keep getting these updates about him watching United matches? If he's a United fan we can just assume he's watching.

Bosws87

Did he watch right until the end though? :lol:

Why do we keep getting these updates about him watching United matches? If he's a United fan we can just assume he's watching.
Modern football fan, they genuinely need reassuring that a multi billion pound deal isn’t ending because we lost a game.

Genuinely be some numpties asking if there gonna buy Liverpool now that’s how well versed they are in real life.

LawCharltonBest

Enjoys watching fox porn

If he can tolerate us at our worst he deserves us at our best <3
:lol: I like the idea that he'd watch us lose and then think "feck that. tell the lawyers, the bank of america, raine, daddy, the emir, the nine two foundation and that cnut joel that it's all off. 7-0, my arse"

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
:lol: I like the idea that he'd watch us lose and then think "feck that. tell the lawyers, the bank of america, raine, daddy, the emir, the nine two foundation and that cnut joel that it's all off. 7-0, my arse"
:lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
"Sheikh Jassim sleeps in a United tent which he believes gives him muppet fuel powers" - SkyKaveh

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It reminds me of the entourage episode where the Saudi prince wants to distribute the Pablo Escobar movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.