Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

strandty

Also, did I see a piece a while ago that Sheikh Jassim had hired Premier League lawyers to assist his bid? Or am I just making that up in my head?
Jassim is using a PR firm that Premier League were using. They ended the agreement with the Premier League to assist with the takeover to remove any conflict of interest.

RuudTom83

Any FFP experts care to explain how the takeover would affect the summer transfer kitty?

As I understand it United are currently skint with about 20-30 million to spend this summer, plus 130+ million payments due for past transfers.

Would a takeover wiping out the debt on the club mean United can spend a tonne this summer?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Odd considering that the ultimate decision-makers are in FL. Raine will base their decision on the biggest commission. Not sure how a personal touch will help.

He must know he fecked up earlier. Maybe bringing Manchester back to Manchester United didn't sit too well with the Glazers.

sglowrider

Any FFP experts care to explain how the takeover would affect the summer transfer kitty?

As I understand it United are currently skint with about 20-30 million to spend this summer, plus 130+ million payments due for past transfers.

Would a takeover wiping out the debt on the club mean United can spend a tonne this summer?
Dont know about the new FFP rules but I expect the United coffers to improve later in the season when they get their TV monies like most clubs do. In tranches.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Ten new pages since I read the thread last night. Rubbing my hands in glee at the prospect of some big headline news. Ten pages of people arguing over geography.

At least I got to read this comment that made me chuckle.

mopping the piss up
Hehehe pee pee.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Oh yes, he will visit the stadium so its all good.
The Glazers playing a blinder here. Take him on the stadium tour and then end it in the gift shop, mentioning to him that he can get 10% discounts in the mega store if he buys the Premium Membership package. Easiest £50 they'll ever make.

dubplate warrior

Everyday that passes it looks more and more likely that we will change hands to Qatari owners. A new era for the club, where money will be put into it for a change. At the very least, we will now have an infrastructure for the match going fan, of that I am sure.

A lot of people mention FFP, but with no debt and dividends we would potentially free up 100 million pounds a year. That alongside the likes of Maguire, Mctominay and even DDG/Henderson going mean that we could have a very strong hand in the market.

sglowrider

Everyday that passes it looks more and more likely that we will change hands to Qatari owners. A new era for the club, where money will be put into it for a change. At the very least, we will now have an infrastructure for the match going fan, of that I am sure.

A lot of people mention FFP, but with no debt and dividends we would potentially free up 100 million pounds a year. That alongside the likes of Maguire, Mctominay and even DDG/Henderson going mean that we could have a very strong hand in the market.
We will need it, especially when you expect the top 4 to become the Big 8 clubs of the PL in the next few years. I can see clubs like Spuds, Brighton, and Brentford being taken over too by Big Money.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
So IIRC the ideal owner should:

-Buy the club: ~5B
-Clear the debt: ~1B
-Remodel Old Trafford: ~1B
-Invest in the squad: ~150-200M/year?

What is your order of priorities as a United fan?

A) Get rid of the Glazers
B) Get rid of the debt
C) New Old(?) Trafford
D) A stronger team

From a business POV C and D look more important IMO, as it should allow cash flows to gradually do B. Thing is, that prevents A from happening, and the Glazers don't have the money to make C and D happening without getting into even worse debt. A real conundrum.

sglowrider

B) Get rid of the debt
C) New Old(?) Trafford
D) A stronger team

From a business POV C and D look more important IMO, as it should allow cash flows to gradually do B. Thing is, that prevents A from happening, and the Glazers don't have the money to make C and D happening without getting into even worse debt. A real conundrum.
What conundrum? Unless you have 8-10billion quid to do all that, I am not sure the issue is.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Glad I've missed most of the 'no true Scotsman...' type nonsense being spouted in this thread in relation to geographical locations of fans.

Drifter

American
IMO, the Qatar deal would be worse than the Glazers. Be careful what you wish for.

themanguydude

B) Get rid of the debt
C) New Old(?) Trafford
D) A stronger team

D > C > B > A

MTF

Full on Bank of America posse (Shabaz worked there for over 20 years). I thought bankers were the devil, but I doubt it will be perceived this way in this instance.

Also I wish the media would stop referring to the Nine Two Foundation as something real. It doesn't exist outside of paper, and it will only exist in any real form (and even that will be minor) if this deal goes through.

Real Name

The Glazers playing a blinder here. Take him on the stadium tour and then end it in the gift shop, mentioning to him that he can get 10% discounts in the mega store if he buys the Premium Membership package. Easiest £50 they'll ever make.
Not to mention meeting some local fans who live inside the stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.