Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
Jassim's camp took it for granted they would win. Their approach was very naive.

So, it is Jim Glazer in the end after all. Can't help but feel the club is being set down the path of Everton and Leeds. My confidence and trust in Ratcliffe are precisely zero. Setting aside the state of his other two clubs, his camp consistently danced around the issue of existing debt with clever wordplay, never said in no uncertain terms how the future of the club will be funded, and to top it all of he is keeping the very people who ruined the club and are universally despised by the fans. Not exactly what I call fostering belief. I don't think we will be anywhere close to competing with City, Newcastle, and eventually the Qatari team. We will continue to struggle greatly in making the CL, even with the 5 team quota, and eventually fall further behind. That being said, it will go a long way if he immediately gets rid of certain elements within the club. Those being the Glazer plant and Darth Woodward's apprentice. The sooner the better. Keeping them on the other hand will make it clear where he stands...

It is what it is.
This sentence was written with the absolute certainty of someone who had some insight into the whole bidding process and bids on the table.

JagUTD

Because the wealthiest and most successful clubs in recent years are either owned or strongly supported by states. Want a list?

Real Madrid... Spanish government/Spanish royal family.
Barcelona... Catalan government.
Manchester City... Abu Dhabi.
Zenit St. Petersburg... Gazprom (majority state-owned by Russia).
PSG... Qatar.
etc.

As for the Glazers, they fecked our position within FPP because of the debt. Last but not least, I have seen enough of the situation in Nice and Lausanne to be totally distrustful of a SJR ownership.
A who's who of corrupt football clubs as well.

The best thing for us and everyone else would be to remove this cancer from the game, not add to it. You are right in what you say but it shouldn't be seen as a positive.

JagUTD

You would be pissing your pants if it as positive Ratcliffe news :lol:
Most of us in favour of Ratcliffe tend to be quite relaxed an generally make light of all the reports.

The Protaris generally descend into madness over any pro Ineos news though. Whether it's the clubs inevitable doom or how they're going to stop supporting the club.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Most of us in favour of Ratcliffe tend to be quite relaxed an generally make light of all the reports.

The Protaris generally descend into madness over any pro Ineos news though. Whether it's the clubs inevitable doom or how they're going to stop supporting the club.
MIght want to go back and look at some of the replies to that news last night then. They were planning an open-top bus parade.

MF1138

Posting something from the Express is like posting fan fiction... Keep it for your blog :lol:

stw2022

He didn't rely on the sun but could only break the story after they did? Seems legit

JagUTD

MIght want to go back and look at some of the replies to that news last night then. They were planning an open-top bus parade.
I've seen. Was generally light hearted with a hint of sarcasm, which to be fair doesn't always come through in text.

JagUTD

See, I thought you were trying to find a source so bad they made the Sun look like a credible bastion of journalistic integrity.
The old "can't beat em, join em"

Same reason they support Qatar :wenger:

Barthez

Can’t believe Jim appears to have won out with the rats staying on. I guess we’ll hear something official tomorrow.

laughtersassassin

Why does Qatar want them then?

And if they're irrelevant and have no value, why would he buy them slowly over a few years?
Well just because you might not want your company to be publicly listed. As far as any actual impact in who has a say over the club they are irrelevant.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Can’t believe Jim appears to have won out with the rats staying on. I guess we’ll hear something official tomorrow.
So, so sad.

A bidder who’ll clear the debt, build a new stadium and put back into the club gets turned down so these two greedy fecking wretches can stay attached like fecking ticks.

So close to being free of them.

Man Utd is done. The worst thing that ever happened to this once great club is it being given to the glazer kids.

It’s done as a truly top club. And when Qatar buys Liverpool or Spurs, Utd will be made completely irrelevant. Maybe then they’ll feck off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.