Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCAES_7

I really wanted Qatar to win the bid, as I believe it will be better for the club in the future, and for selfish reasons as we will have more Manchester United content and exposure in the Middle East (not saying we don't have, but the more the better), but if Jim wins the bid I hope I'm wrong and he gets us back to top of world football. We really need investments and a new structure

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Why does Qatar want them then?
If United are not a publicly traded company they do not have to comply fully with financial reporting rules. This is a massive red flag imo and speaks to how they would run the club (i.e. in a shady manner).

I doubt that INEOS would ever buy up all the outstanding shares. They only want control of the club and can get that with the Glazer's holdings.

redNATION

Can’t believe Jim appears to have won out with the rats staying on. I guess we’ll hear something official tomorrow.
Those who were dead set against Qatar will see just how bad it can get, they’ll be begging for Qatar this time next year. I actually think Ratcliffe will be worse than the Glazers, at least the latter clowns generally stayed out of club interference albeit appointed incompetent people to run it. Ratcliffe looks like someone like Ted Boehly at Chelsea, thinks he can just come and be a big swinging dick and screw things up even more. Sad times.

Barthez

Those who were dead set against Qatar will see just how bad it can get, they’ll be begging for Qatar this time next year. I actually think Ratcliffe will be worse than the Glazers, at least the latter clowns generally stayed out of club interference albeit appointed incompetent people to run it. Ratcliffe looks like someone like Ted Boehly at Chelsea, thinks he can just come and be a big swinging dick and screw things up even more. Sad times.
Agree. Like em or loath em, Qatar were the only ones that would have taken us forward and provided that extra infrastructure investment; be that the locality, the stadium or the training facilities. Instead we’ll probably give OT a lick of paint and patch up the roof.

Oh well, it was nice to dream.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Qatar will likely move onto Liverpool as their back up option now.
I agree. And they’ll be determined to prove a point now after being strung along and humiliated by the Glazer morons.

You’ll essentially have City and Liverpool both keenly and pointedly out to bury Utd.

People NEED to truly boycott the leeches after this. They really need to feel it. Like never before.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Who is Ted Boehly?

Spoony

The People's President
Right, so...Qatar have bought Liverpool and the Glazers are staying at United? Is that how the shit's going down?

Rooney24

I agree. In fact they will probably be begging for the Glazers FFS. I really think this is the worst possible outcome for us.

Mmm-Qatarian

With the rumours that Ratcliffe is going to win out in the race to buy United, I can now safely conclude that Liverpool will be the dominant force in English football until time itself ceases to exist, and quite possibly beyond that. There is not even another conceivable outcome than them usurping our treble by winning seven trophies in a single year (including some they invented, just so they could win even more trophies), whilst we are destined to be relegated within two seasons if we're lucky.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
My biggest fear

He looks and acts exactly that type

fatmanWazza

Honest question, apart from the one random tweet has there been any other updates ? A google search is indicating that no-one knows what is happening. Is the dude who tweeted reliable ?

TheEarlOfMoray

Every time I look this thread has another 10 pages and get excited thinking something is happening but no no it’s the same old crap with nobody any of the wiser

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
With the rumours that Ratcliffe is going to win out in the race to buy United, I can now safely conclude that Liverpool will be the dominant force in English football until time itself ceases to exist, and quite possibly beyond that. There is not even another conceivable outcome than them usurping our treble by winning seven trophies in a single year (including some they invented, just so they could win even more trophies), whilst we are destined to be relegated within two seasons if we're lucky.
Because Qatar was such a sure hit of running us well right?

Spoony

The People's President
I actually heard that Qatar Airways(awful airlines by the way...) will be sponsoring Liverpool next season.

Don't shoot the massager.

eamonhi

I agree. And they’ll be determined to prove a point now after being strung along and humiliated by the Glazer morons.You’ll essentially have City and Liverpool both keenly and pointedly out to bury Utd. People NEED to truly boycott the leeches after this. They really need to feel it. Like never before.
Qatar played themselves publicly talking about 'former glories'. That little gem, designed to ingratiate themselves with us supporters, will either bury their quest or see Jassim need another bill from his daddy.

They won't buy Liverpool, either, the scousers' matchday support are much too political for them. United were perfect as there are too many entitled supporters, thinking we deserve to win all the time.

Eric has their measure.

doomy20

Honest question, apart from the one random tweet has there been any other updates ? A google search is indicating that no-one knows what is happening. Is the dude who tweeted reliable ?
We are talkin about a multi billion pound take over with hundreds of laywers involved. A tweet from some random journo means nothing

Mmm-Qatarian

The fact that it apparently isn't obvious that I was kidding with that post above is an interesting reflection of this thread...

JagUTD

Liverpool fans won’t accept them
I thought this but someone pointed out they were twerking for Qatar about 15 years ago.

Though, that was back in the Hicks and Gillette days I think so they probably had a fanbase a bit like ours now, broken by years of yank ownership and failure. Now they might be less keen but who knows.

Mmm-Qatarian

I just can't tell anymore. The pro Qatar lot actually post like that :lol:
The worst possible outcome being treated like a guaranteed certainty is one of the more irritating trends with the United forum in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.