Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatmanWazza

We are talkin about a multi billion pound take over with hundreds of laywers involved. A tweet from some random journo means nothing
My thoughts exactly. This thing is still 50-50. Also, why is everyone certain the Sir Jim's bid is going to keep the Glazers in some capacity at United ? I saw some random news articles indicating 70% share purchase, but with United being listed on the NY Stock Exchange, shouldn't this sort of deal make things more complicated for the Glazers/Sir Jim as opposed to a full takeover.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
My thoughts exactly. This thing is still 50-50. Also, why is everyone certain the Sir Jim's bid is going to keep the Glazers in some capacity at United ? I saw some random news articles indicating 70% share purchase, but with United being listed on the NY Stock Exchange, shouldn't this sort of deal make things more complicated for the Glazers/Sir Jim as opposed to a full takeover.

Very much so and it's something that hasn't really been discussed much. It could take months for that. The Glazers want a clean sale.

Blood Mage

Liverpool fans won’t accept them
:lol: Are you fecking kidding me? They would not turn down the chance to dominate the league and rub it in United's face that it could have been us. Some really naive people in our fanbase.

redNATION

:lol: Are you fecking kidding me? They would not turn down the chance to dominate the league and rub it in United's face that it could have been us. Some really naive people in our fanbase.
Yep, they’ll have a moral high ground at least whilst Spurs or Scouse get rich new owners and lift the epl and champions league. Deluded folk.

Quagmire Maguire

Ratcliffe the Brexit supporting Rat who lives in tax free Monaco and has since moved his Ineos car business to Austria. The blokes a twat and keeping the glazers is an absolute joke, but of course it was always going to be going from one calimity to another, the United way!

'Moral' victories and all that.

Also is he selling Nice? Because apparently there was an awful lot of noise some months back that the Qatar's could not own 2 clubs in the same competition but there has been very little mention of Rats other club. Who to be frank, we are more likely to be in direct competition with more often than not, than with PSG in the Champions League.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Anything actually happened to confirm :

1) Qatar aren’t going to get us.
2) They’ll move onto Liverpool

?

Zoo

They wouldn’t be able to rub anything in as they would just be another state owned entity, everything they mock City for who they have been competing with for the past 5 years. Also can’t see Jurgen Klopp working under such a regime.

Gaidal

Why would Jassim, the biggest united fan the world have ever seen, move on to buying liverpool?

Moriarty

To be fair we probably wouldn't be debt free, either, as it is normal practice for clubs to pay transfer fees in installments.

We would have a better debt to income ratio and be able to do more without the Glazer's leveraged buyout, though.
I suppose so but we'd be cutting our coat according to the size of our cloth, and we'd have a bloody big bolt to cut from.

Nori-

I'm getting really deflated with this INEOS take over talk.

18 years of the Glazers and the only thing that kept a lot of us hopeful there would be better days ahead is the thought they would eventually go. It now looks like we get an even worse owner, with even more debt and.....they get to hang around too.

I genuinely would consider ending my support for this club if that happens but im too invested. Been supporting United since the early 90s. It's the only club I've ever supported.

The last hope is if that the Qataris give in and completely blow INEOS out of the water, but that's unlikely. It sets a bad precedent. In any future investments, the seller will look at this case and know the Qataris will eventually cave in.

Mmm-Qatarian

Anything actually happened to confirm :

1) Qatar aren’t going to get us.
2) They’ll move onto Liverpool

?
I bumped into Sheikh Jassim outside Nando's and he started singing "Darwin, Darwin Nunez, he came from Benfica to the big Reds, it’s frightening with him and Luis Diaz. There is nobody else like Darwin Nunez." He also told me Joel and Avram were buying out their siblings and taking full control of the club, announced tomorrow.

Make of that what you will.

MiamiSpartan

The only reason I would want Qatar to win the bid would be to see the confusion from the Qatari-stans when they don't spend 500m each window, and instead only spend 100-200m, because that's all that is allowed under FFP.

Instead, if Ineos wins, they'll think they're being cheap when they spend the same as Qatar would have, because they've built up these unrealistic fantasies. It's honestly going to be unfair to Ineos/SJR.

redNATION

They wouldn’t be able to rub anything in as they would just be another state owned entity, everything they mock City for who they have been competing with for the past 5 years. Also can’t see Jurgen Klopp working under such a regime.
Trust me, you don’t realise the duality of people if you really think that. They will love their state backed owners who will buy them the best players, build them a great stadium, and Klopp will get an unlimited budget so he’ll suddenly love Qatar.

JagUTD

I do think Liverpool would be a little more vocal as a fan base against Qatar, but they would definitely have their fair share of hypothetical fans.

As United fans it would be our duty to remind them that Emir and King are basically the same though so renditions of feck the king might not go down quite as well in the future.

Also, it's difficult for me to say this but they're not bottom feeding losers like City or Newcastle were. They're actually a proper club.

Chief123

United share price nosediving proper style.

When the shit goes down, insane in the membrane stuff.
I wouldn’t read too much in the Utd stock price tanking.

All the financial markets have taken a hit today including the crypto market. Probably on the back of the news of interest rates going up again.

Utd price ranking is in common across the stock market.

Gavinb33

Trust me, you don’t realise the duality of people if you really think that. They will love their state backed owners who will buy them the best players, build them a great stadium, and Klopp will get an unlimited budget so he’ll suddenly love Qatar.
Exactly just look at all the United fans tweaking for Qatar when we've spent the last 15 years complaining about City being state backed, it's really something.

JagUTD

Also, I don't think the Scouse mob would accept never winning the Champions League again and that's one of the hallmarks of State ownership.

LordSpud

Why is everyone convinced Qatar will go for Liverpool now? There's a reason why FSG and now the Glazers wanted to stay at their clubs and with City coasting the League year in year out I think I cannot wait ;);)

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
The only reason I would want Qatar to win the bid would be to see the confusion from the Qatari-stans when they don't spend 500m each window, and instead only spend 100-200m, because that's all that is allowed under FFP.

Instead, if Ineos wins, they'll think they're being cheap when they spend the same as Qatar would have, because they've built up these unrealistic fantasies. It's honestly going to be unfair to Ineos/SJR.
If big Jim was spending £400 mill a year net spend on transfers, I think we would be very happy. Dont see anywhere near that unfortunately

Mmm-Qatarian

It's so hard to take some arguments in here seriously when you're seeing "Ratcliffe is literally Todd Boehly!" in the same breath as "Liverpool will buy Mbappe, Haaland, the Taj Mahal with Qatari ownership and win everything!"

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's so hard to take some arguments in here seriously when you're seeing "Ratcliffe is literally Todd Boehly!" in the same breath as "Liverpool will buy Mbappe, Haaland, the Taj Mahal with Qatari ownership and win everything!"
What position does he play?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Who cares, Sir Jim has got the painters in for the Stretford End toilets. Just one coat mind.
As long as he's using Dulux does it matter?
Its definitely not Crown :lol:
Wilko ‘basic’ range, painted on by a senile handyman who (vaguely) remembers when you could buy black pudding at Old Trafford for Tupenny bit and agrees wholeheartedly with Ratcliffe’s Brexit stance :drool:

Meanwhile the leaking roof is fixed with budget silicone sealant by ‘club legend’ Chris Eagles after Ratcliffe unveils him as the new caretaker of the stadium - ‘Chris will be here, on hand day and night to convert Old Trafford back into the Theatre of Dreams’.

The Glazers are given ‘infinity contracts’ as senior advisors for all eternity, with their consciousnesses being downloaded upon death into an indestructible AI system so that they can continue to guide Man Utd until the Universe implodes.

And anyone who says they’ve had enough of it is pointed at like in ‘Invasion of the Body Snatchers’ and screeched at - ‘feck off and support City then’.

JagUTD

Can we stop calling Sir Jim “Rat” please. Google are threatening us with action. Those who do will be banned.
Might be worth adding this to the rules so nobody has an excuse. Assuming it's true of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.