Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RORY65

There is so little correlation between the mood of this thread and the reporting.
Yep, have people even read the article? It doesn't read as if Al-Khelaifi's involvement is a new thing and the latest information we have regarding bids from earlier this week was still that Ratcliffe's was higher although that could obviously still change.

The only thing that maybe changes is that it further adds to the suspicion that the Qatari one is a state bid, which makes people understandably think that they won't take "no" for answer (I've presumed all along that the delay was due to the Glazer's hoping that Qatar would make a bid they couldn't refuse but it hasn't happened to date), but doesn't confirm it and doesn't change the size of their bids to this point.

Nori-

The fact the Glazers have gone to the PSG president to help negotiate a fee is a really positive update IMO.

It means they WANT to sell to Qatar and all the leaks/tactics used in the last few months are just an attempt to drive up the price.

If Qatar were massively off the asking price I don't believe they'd even bother going to the PSG president. They could be very close now.

Its now just a matter of, will Sheikh Jassim give them the extra money they want or will he play hard ball like they are.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Clubs don’t take on their owners beliefs for feck sake.
Yep, we keep hearing all these sort of posts, but when was the last time we bloody even heard from the Glazers, let alone know their beliefs on anything at all?
Let alone their beliefs affecting how we do things at United.

cyberman

Hated yes. But now they'll have good reason to other than the fact we kept beating them for so long.

The one good thing that could come from Qatari ownership, given what you said above, is that the level of hatred may reach such ridiculous levels that football finally decides to bin state ownership.
It’s too far gone now. My hope is they all get bored and feck off.
I hate all options but I was thinking about this last week. If Glazers stay on and old man Jim takes over then who do they sell to when they all want out or/when Jim wants to retire or the grim reaper shows up (way in the future) the only buyer will probably be oil money anyway. At least Qatar wining now cuts that in half and maybe they sell us in 15 years as well and it all ends

Last edited:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Some people have been so mentally dominated by City that they can't envision any future beyond us being owned by an oil state. It's tragic. We can be so much better than them, both on and off the field. We don't have to turn into City to beat City.
we cant beat City without the same money.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Berba banned? Click on his account and it won’t show me his profile page

Castia

Utd being the poster child to cover up homophobia, modern day slavery and a lot more on top.

Qatar need to join the rest of the world and abandon these cruel and pathetic laws. If they did that I'd have no issue with them owning the club. This isn't a race thing or a colour thing. It's a decency thing.

Treat people fairly. Women, migrants and gay people. Everyone deserves equality.
The media are wanking over City on a weekly basis. They have all this against them plus 100+ corruption charges.

They’re about to win the treble whilst scoring 5 goals almost every game their fans give absolutely zero F’s

Dion

The thing is... doesn't both owners have their own issues with their beliefs?

Qatar you can argue their human rights are sketchy to down right despicable.
SJR was a leading pioneer of Brexit which has caused so much of an issue to this country and plunged everyone into a serious cost of living crisis and made the poor so much poorer

So lets be honest, neither of the two are angels when it comes to it are they? At the end of the day, as long as the club is run right, then surely thats what we must focus on?
Please don't peddle this notion that enslaving migrant workers and torturing dissidents is the same as supporting Brexit or running a petrochemical company.

Yes, you can, should and must make an effort to judge things based on how bad they are, not just some banal, lazy black and white world where things are either good or bad and if things are bad then they're all equal.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Just like Man City. Oh wait no they are just about to win the treble and the media fawns over them.
They have been attacked constantly for years. Two wrongs don't make a right either.

And as I have said for months on this forum....Man City are the biggest reason why the Qatar bid is so popular. Without them there would be a lot more protest from Utd fans.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Berba banned? Click on his account and it won’t show me his profile page
He's probably just got his profile set to private? Does the same thing happen if you click mine?

Sir Erik ten Hag

Hated yes. But now they'll have good reason to other than the fact we kept beating them for so long.

The one good thing that could come from Qatari ownership, given what you said above, is that the level of hatred may reach such ridiculous levels that football finally decides to bin state ownership.
I don't see such changes even after more than 10 years of ownership in City and PSG. :confused:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The media are wanking over City on a weekly basis. They have all this against them plus 100+ corruption charges.

They’re about to win the treble whilst scoring 5 goals almost every game their fans give absolutely zero F’s
So sportswashing has won then. Isn't that the whole point I'm making?

You're arguing we may as well join them. I'd rather we didn't.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Some people have been so mentally dominated by City that they can't envision any future beyond us being owned by an oil state. It's tragic. We can be so much better than them, both on and off the field. We don't have to turn into City to beat City.
Blame the Glazers for this shitshow. They are the source of this mentality too.

Lord Zlatan

Great post, but you can bet your life the media won’t report it like that. Not a peep last year when Newcastle were taken over. Just watch the shit storm when it’s us

cyberman

And when did I say they do?

Being okay with it all just because it's on a 7hr flight away is fine then? They are still people ffs.

That comment alone speaks volumes about this whole process. Nobody gives two craps about them because they are out of sight and out of mind.

Do you not think everyone deserves equality?
You are when you say we become the poster boy for all of their failings.
The Glazers don’t represent the values of United and they actually own us at the minute

the_cliff

You're acting like we have a choice mate.

Glazers or oil money those are your options. It's like picking between a wolf and a lion.

What do you want us to do ? stop supporting United ?

Rolaholic

What a mad plot twist today...

Glazers go behind SJ's back to a superior in Al-Khelaifi to convince SJ to increase his bid which he's done.

Sounds like they actually do prefer selling to Qatar after all, for a whole host of reasons that would be financially beneficial to the family's future fortunes.

Appletonred

Somewhat off topic but the Glazers are involved in some capacity with the world economic forum, reading between the lines, I do believe that they want to sell the club to Qatar not just for the huge return but for mult cultural reasons, I could be wrong but there is probably much more at play than just the sale of a global football club.

JagUTD

Just like Man City. Oh wait no they are just about to win the treble and the media fawns over them.
Luckily some don't fawn over them and have actively been speaking out, while others have put themselves at risk to expose these horrific regimes and the way the operate as leaders of their countries as well as owners of football clubs.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You mean that this random guy that nobody has ever seen doesn't actually have 6bln to spend on the club and it is in fact the same people as PSG's owners? What??? I am shocked. Never saw that coming :rolleyes:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

Glazers go behind SJ's back to a superior in Al-Khelaifi to convince SJ to increase his bid which he's done.

Sounds like they do prefer selling to Qatar after all
Just wait until our players start going to Mr PSG behind SJ’s back in order to seek more power and higher salaries.

Here it seems the Glazers got in touch with PSG months ago probably to confirm if Jassim actually exists.

Cantona in disguise

Sounds like they do prefer selling to Qatar after all

They would sell to pol pot if he resurrected himself and offered the most money.

cyberman

Luckily some don't fawn over them and have actively been speaking out, while others have put themselves at risk to expose these horrific regimes and the way the operate as leaders of their countries as well as owners of football clubs.
They’re speaking out over their financial cheating and their unfair financial muscle. They aren’t being attacked because of the history of their owners

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
we have to match their buying power. look who they've signed in the past few years compared with us. It's not nice, but it's how football is going and we've fallen far enough behind already

Sir Erik ten Hag

Just wait until our players start going to Mr PSG behind SJ’s back in order to seek more power and higher salaries.

Here it seems the Glazers got in touch with PSG months ago probably to confirm if Jassim actually exists.
At least this is the kind of plot twist that makes this thread amusing. It's been a couple days of misery recently. :lol:

Flying high

I don't see such changes even after more than 10 years of ownership in City and PSG. :confused:
There was a certain crowd who, as much as they'll have hated seeing oil money coming into football and further increasing the gap between the clubs and the local fans, will have found it hilarious that United aren't winning any more.

Now imagine it's us, who don't really need that money, who are now blowing everyone out the water with our ill-gotten gains. It will be discussed on the front pages and in parliament. I don't know that it will force football to act, but I wouldn't be surprised.

FCAES_7

Every time news starts coming out favoring Qatar to win the bid, I start seeing all Sportswashing comments, and Human Rights circling around social media. Unfortunately the way the EPL is setup we fans dont have the power to do anything for us its an entertainment product and that's it, we can protest for years and nothing will change until the elite decide to make a change.

Chelsea was backed Russia one way or another, but was painted as if there owner was fan and when he sold the club the football world was sad even though they started ruining the payment structure of world football. City is being talked about as being the greatest team in history next to Barcelona 2009-2012 team while spending dodgy money and has over a 100 financial corruption cases or something, and now Newcastle going the same road. Yes Human Rights is an issue for many countries including Qatar but if you look at how they hosted the WC it was extraordinary everyone who visited during that time was raving about the organization, safety, and infrastructure, not even one major arrest or fight erupted during the games.

Whoever wins I hope we just get it done before the end of this month so we can enjoy the Summer Tour and have time to plan for transfers and continue to build on Ten Hags vision.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Just get the f@ckers out of our club. If it's the sheikh I hope his kicks them on the @rse on the way out (I presume I'm allowed to say this as, of course, it's metaphorical sadly)

JagUTD

They’re speaking out over their financial cheating and their unfair financial muscle. They aren’t being attacked because of the history of their owners
It's both, not always the same people doing both but there are still credible journalists and non journalists speaking out against these people so the idea that because the Mirror or Sky fawn over them, means everyone does and we should just accept it, is wrong.

FujiVice

Sounds like they actually do prefer selling to Qatar after all, for a whole host of reasons that would be financially beneficial to the family's future fortunes.
Leeches find the biggest part of the body to suck the blood from. They dont go to the toe. At the end of it all, if they can get maximum, they'll take it. SJR is a nice alternative.

MF1138

The Glazers seem to be doing everything they can and waiting as long as possible for Jassim to put in that "blow everyone out of the water" bid. They don't seem to be trying to bait Ineos at all. Which would suggest they think Jassim has the deeper pockets and also that they are perfectly willing to sell up completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.