Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

red thru&thru

Yeah I got them the other way around as explained above.

Class A typically are worth more voting wise but in this case they aren't.

But the point still stands. The INEOS bid is said to value the club slightly higher. It's not by that much but it's still bigger.
But as I say, because Sheikh Jassim wants to buy 100% of the club,the Glazers would get their money from the B shares and the A class shares. So, that is why his offer overall is more.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Many talked about boycott when the Glazers first came, some followed through with FCUM.
Others refused to go to OT and became armchair fans, lots of them eventually returned though when it became clear that the Glazers weren't leaving anytime soon.

Personally I can't think of any realistic ownership option that would cause me to stop my support of my football club.
That's understandable. Different people will have different priorities. I've never told City or Newcastle fans (can't say I meet PSG ones) they should've walked away, I ain't gonna start with our lot.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It’s been said in here in a few tweets like below

My bet would be on Soros, mainly because it's the only one that I know has a large amount of shares.

croadyman

The media are wanking over City on a weekly basis. They have all this against them plus 100+ corruption charges.

They’re about to win the treble whilst scoring 5 goals almost every game their fans give absolutely zero F’s
Christ when they win tomorrow night the media wankfest for next few days will be awful. You will be given the impression that this is the first time "The Treble" has happened

Tango80

So it's a personal bid but he's not personally involved in the process but a member of the Qatari state has been mooted as a middle man and the rest of the league doubt the money isn't from the state

Nothing dodgy about that, no siree

Blood Mage

So basically the Glazers were hoping for a big payday from Qatar, they didn't get it because Jassim is a bit of a chancer and keeps low-balling them, so they'll have to sell to Brexit Jim for a measly sum. They'll be more gutted than we are.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Having fourteen percent of the posters with the most extreme view on the whole saga out would make the Caf a much more peaceful place.
Lots walked from our fanbase when the Glazers bought us, did you enjoy the fans walking from the club they loved?

The toxic binary nature of this whole thing is surreal.

The idea a nation state enters the free market and buys up parts of another country's heritage is a new departure.

I think it's quite sad that other fans would think holding these concerns is enough to want rid of fellow fans.

Lord Zlatan

I don't get it, what are they actually saying in this ? that they want SJR to buy their shares also ?
what i think they are getting at is that the directors of the club (glazers) have a responsibility to all shareholders and seem to be favouring a deal that only suits them personally

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
But as I say, because Sheikh Jassim wants to buy 100% of the club,the Glazers would get their money from the B shares and the A class shares. So, that is why his offer overall is more.
I don't think this is the case. Nobody is reporting this either.

INEOS latest offer still valued the club at a slightly higher valuation. So had Jim gone for 100% of the club it would be go for more than the Qatar off essentially.

The only benefit to going with Qatar as things stand is they get their money out now.

strandty

I don't get it, what are they actually saying in this ? that they want SJR to buy their shares also ?
It’s because they’re not being given the chance to sell their shares if they choose Ratcliffe. Because there’s an offer on the table for A class shares too (Jassim), they feel they should have the opportunity to sell at the massively inflated rate should they wish or at least have a say on it it seems as shareholders.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
If they’ve got an offer of $35 per share which includes all A class shares and they end up taking an offer of $38 per share which does not include non-Glazer shares which proceed to return back to $13-14 per share then they surely have a case.

They’re acting against the best interests of their shareholders, as directors of the company you’d think they would be liable.
It's worth investigating but hard to say what Raine and the Glazer's would come back with. They are shareholders, too, and in a capacity that far outweighs most directors and officers in other publicly traded companies.

I wonder if they might try something sneaky like putting it to a shareholder vote? Obviously just a guess and no idea if that would fly under the IPO guidelines that were mentioned earlier.

JPRouve

Scout
So it's a personal bid but he's not personally involved in the process but a member of the Qatari state has been mooted as a middle man and the rest of the league doubt the money isn't from the state

Nothing dodgy about that, no siree
There are some missing steps. He hired McFarlanes to negotiate on his behalf, he talked to Al Khelaifi about the Glazers valuation, the Glazers contacted Al Khelaifi to convince him to accept their request and he didn't accept it..

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Lots walked from our fanbase when the Glazers bought us, did you enjoy the fans walking from the club they loved?

The toxic binary nature of this whole thing is surreal.

The idea a nation state enters the free market and buys up parts of another country's heritage is a new departure.

I think it's quite sad that other fans would think holding these concerns is enough to want rid of fellow fans.
And yet anybody that sticks to their principles on this has an "extreme view" apparently. Fecking laughable.

Lord Zlatan

There are some missing steps. He hired McFarlanes to negotiate on his behalf, he talked to Al Khelaifi about the Glazers valuation, the Glazers contacted Al Khelaifi to convince him to accept their request and he didn't accept it..
correct and those missing steps are being ignored in the press and wider conversation that this Ornstein story today proves its a state backed bid.

JPRouve

Scout
So basically the Glazers were hoping for a big payday from Qatar, they didn't get it because Jassim is a bit of a chancer and keeps low-balling them, so they'll have to sell to Brexit Jim for a measly sum. They'll be more gutted than we are.
Neither bidders are chancers and neither of them low balled the Glazers. The reported fee demanded by the Glazers is huge, 8 billions dollars.

strandty

what i think they are getting at is that the directors of the club (glazers) have a responsibility to all shareholders and seem to be favouring a deal that only suits them personally
Pretty much how I see it as well

JPRouve

Scout
correct and those missing steps are being ignored in the press and wider conversation that this Ornstein story today proves its a state backed bid.
The story says two things QSI are aware of the bidding process, Jassim is the bidder not QSI. Also the Glazers want the backing of QSI.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I do wonder if this hedgefund legal case will cause some genuine issue for SJR. I wonder if he'll just switch strategy and go for a 100% buyout?

Lord Zlatan

The story says two things QSI are aware of the bidding process, Jassim is the bidder not QSI. Also the Glazers want the backing of QSI.
get and agree with your first two points but not sure why Glazers would want the backing as that could run foul of premier league approval?

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
it's a loud but small minority with that extremist view - there was a poll and IIRC was around 14% says they would stop support, Im sure not all will follow through on it
Christ Rood, you calling anybody an extremist in this discussion is beyond ironic. Have you posted anything that hasn't been PR for Qatar in the last 8 months?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I've said it for a while. If the Ineos bid was truly in the lead, they'd be further down the road than they are. The Glazers do want to sell to Qatar, sorry Jassim, but want more money. If these reports that they've asked the PSG geezer to help increase the bid then it backs up what I've thought.

JPRouve

Scout
get and agree with your first two points but not sure why Glazers would want the back as that could run foul of premier league approval?
Well, you don't have to ask yourself that question, the report states that it is the Glazers that contacted Al Khelaifi to help them.

Lord Zlatan

I've said it for a while. If the Ineos bid was truly in the lead, they'd be further down the road than they are. The Glazers do want to sell to Qatar, sorry Jassim, but want more money. If these reports that they've asked the PSG geezer to help increase the bid then it backs up what I've thought.
agree with this.Also the fact that Jassim has said he has £1bn for investment has alerted the glazers to the fact he has more cash. They want their share of our future investment.

red thru&thru

I don't think this is the case. Nobody is reporting this either.

INEOS latest offer still valued the club at a slightly higher valuation. So had Jim gone for 100% of the club it would be go for more than the Qatar off essentially.

The only benefit to going with Qatar as things stand is they get their money out now.
What hasn't been reported?

Status
Not open for further replies.