Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurtej

genuine question - why do you not justchange your support to Man City after they’ve just won the treble?
Simple. It’s my CHOICE. A concept very hard for someone pushing their own views down others throat to digest.

I have no problem with Qataris or SJR being the new owners as there was more important issues in this world where I can apply my morals, again my CHOICE.

Btw, make sure you and people with similar views don’t support United if Qatar ends up owning it. I am sure you would agree that would be funny and hypocritical.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Simple. It’s my CHOICE. A concept very hard for someone pushing their own views down others throat to digest.

I have no problem with Qataris or SJR being the new owners as there was more important issues in this world where I can apply my morals, again my CHOICE.

Btw, make sure you and people with similar views don’t support United if Qatar ends up owning it. I am sure you would agree that would be funny and hypocritical.
Why not CHOOSE to support Man City though( they re better! They’re winning!
Is it because you CHOOSE to believe that switching to another team would be going against your mo……

No! NO! It can’t be that! It can’t be that! People who have MORALS in football should be mocked!

Redstain

I've never been more sure than tonight that I don't want soulless state owned success. We don't need it like they did. Just need to be allowed free reign to spend all of our own money and not be hamstrung by leeches.
But spending money has never been an issue under the Glazers. Aside from the dysfunction of City's transparency with finances they have the best structure in club football. That's where their success comes from. All levels of their operations are successful from the seniors down to the U19 levels. Even under Qatar or INEOS the only thing that will make United successful is the infrastructure around the club. I don't personally feel we are going to experience this under Murtough, I could be wrong however but the structure of how United move forward is important. The manager dictates everything business model has failed under consecutive managers and unfortunately it seems like something the club is still doing under ETH.

Gurtej

Why not CHOOSE to support Man City though( they re better! They’re winning!
Is it because you CHOOSE to believe that switching to another team would be going against your mo……

No! NO! It can’t be that! It can’t be that! People who have MORALS in football should be mocked!
Is the simple answer that it’s my choice to support Manchester United not enough for you.Why you care who I support, how does that even concern you?

I am sure the thought of Qatar being potential new owner is a big deal breaker for you and I accept that you will start supporting a club with high moral owners. I completely fine with your choice if that happens.

You are unable to digest a simple concept, people have different ways (morals) to look at things.

Or you will only feel satisfied when everyone else agree to how you see the world?

I am not mocking your morals, I am mocking your drive to make everyone seem immoral if they support Qatari ownership.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Is the simple answer that it’s my choice to support Manchester United not enough for you.Why you care who I support, how does that even concern you?

I am sure the thought of Qatar being potential new owner is a big deal breaker for you and I accept that you will start supporting a club with high moral owners. I completely fine with your choice if that happens.

You are unable to digest a simple concept, people have different ways (morals) to look at things.

Or you will only feel satisfied when everyone else agree to how you see the world?

I am not mocking your morals, I am mocking your drive to make everyone seem immoral if they support Qatari ownership.
You literally have posted numerous times in this thread mocking people for having morals. You literally did it twice yesterday.

Rolaholic

Because someone correlated the Qatar voters with the MG voters
It's only the natural progression of things given all the constant shite slinging and pointed personal attacks that have been allowed to fly for weeks over differences of opinions in this thread...

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
It's only the natural progression of things given all the constant shite slinging and pointed personal attacks that have been allowed to fly for weeks over differences of opinions in this thread...
I'm with you on that

colombianmancunian

genuine question - why do you not justchange your support to Man City after they’ve just won the treble?
Genuine question - if you rave so much about morals and values, why don’t you go and support UEFAlona who constantly rave about valors and be “mes que un club”?

Gurtej

Genuine question - if you rave so much about morals and values, why don’t you go and support UEFAlona who constantly rave about valors and be “mes que un club”?
He is a keyboard warrior, nothing more than that. Don’t expect words to be backed by action and he ain’t the only one on this forum.

glasgow 21

Do you actually believe he didn't do anything wrong though? Don't call him a kid to try and justify his actions either. By law he's an adult, so if you want be so objective at least get your facts straight.

Some fans seem to rely on whether someone is convicted of a crime or not instead of having any actual morals and a sense of what is right or wrong.
Pop corn out for the Antony thread then

Kleberson

We all want that though.

Some people just don't like us being a marketing tool for a country that doesn't treat women, gay people and migrants as equal human beings because of some BS in a made up book.

If this stuff was happening closer to home it would be causing more of a storm too. Ultimately people just don't care because these people are thousands of miles away and out of sight.
Sounding like EDL mate?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
backs out of thread slowly….takes it that no preferred bidder named yet….

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The one guy also proved that 77% of the Greenwood inners were Qatar in people, so it's not wrong

Josep Dowling

Are these parasites going to sell then? It feels like the last 10 years of being a United fan have been cursed. Liverpool winning the league and Champions League. City now matching the treble and likely to win 4 league titles in a row next season. A change in ownership would bring some long overdue optimism to the fan base. Nothing changes for the club until the back end structure is completely changed. Even our current transfer targets tell me the club hasn’t learnt from mistake made in the last 10 years.

croadyman

Are these parasites going to sell then? It feels like the last 10 years of being a United fan have been cursed. Liverpool winning the league and Champions League. City now matching the treble and likely to win 4 league titles in a row next season. A change in ownership would bring some long overdue optimism to the fan base. Nothing changes for the club until the back end structure is completely changed. Even our current transfer targets tell me the club hasn’t learnt from mistake made in the last 10 years.
I am absolutely desperate for Qatar now and yes I know that makes me an awful person

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Because my family have always supported Manchester United and I see them as an association of me. I have an innate love for the club and find immense joy in supporting Manchester United.

Do you think Barcelona are the only team who apparently care about morals?

Telsim

Reckon the INEOS announcement is imminent now. The club just across the… city is achieving the highest peak possible in club football, while we are entering another dark age. Truly a tale of two halves. As if its written by someone. Such a shame. But in the end, it is what it is. Be good not to have the Glazers anymore at least. Oh wait...

Last edited:

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
This thread is becoming more like Brexit every day. Not all Qatari supporters voted for Greenwood but most Greenwood supporters are Qatari or something.

stw2022

How will it be possible for Ratcliffe to tie us up financially with Ineos into one big parent company in order to blur the lines and make Ineos responsibly financially for any borrowing incurred in buying us without effectively giving away 40% of Manchester United given that he only owns 60% of Ineos

I'm fairly sure "ineos just gave us £170m for debt repayments and a new striker " might just break FFP rules

stw2022

What concerns me about the Ratcliffe bid is the amount of borrowing and debt required to be accumulated before a penny has been spent on players, stadium and infrastructure improvement. And this idea all of that debt from our perspective will magically disappear from our radar and immediately be someone else's problem cannot possibly be true.

They didn't even clear up Nice's debts that are a tiny fraction of ours. Nice are making those repayments still from their own revenue. Yet the expectation is of an "it's on us, lads" settlement when it comes to billions of pounds and associated interest repayments? Again, who can possibly believe that's true?

He's just seen the Glazer potentially make $4-5bn in profit in fifteen years from us and yet we're supposed to be convinced that he is doing this as a legacy project and can't possibly see money to be made from us. Based on seemingly nothing other than if you squint he looks a bit like Richard Branson and the fact he's a lifelong Chelsea...er... Man United fan.

Too much doesn't fit. It's not to say it's a bad deal. But this really isn't the deal people have convinced themselves it's going to be

Last edited:

Voteon

In Britain they vote again for a war criminal like Tony fecking Blair
The word 'vote' is critical. There is no voting for or against the autocratic regime of Qatar, which, unlike Tony Blair, is actually trying to buy Man Utd

The elected government is representative of the people's will. Tony Blair was reelected again after invading and destroying another country where people suffered and died and that should not have happened.
Blair was indeed re-elected having lost two million votes and retired two years later, when it became clearer he may not triumph next time.

Furthermore, we do see what you are doing. You are attempting an equivalence between democracy (the UK) and autocracy (Qatar) to promote United's sale to the latter.

However, Blair is not buying United.

Few days back - evolved from Fergie and his race horse days.
Fergie is still involved with the horsies, just not clowns like McManus and Magnier.

It's an interesting narrative but the Glazers likely would have bought us, anyway, sure Cubic increased their shares whilst countersuing Ferguson

Obviously, you are a beacon of morality. Do you even think before posting?
Playing the man and not the ball.

Member 101269

there is a greenwood poll? Thought all threads on him were locked as for some stupid reason we still aren’t allowed to discuss his situation.
I think it's in mains; if any conclusion can be formed from the two polls, it can only be attributed to full members.

MrSpock

Just watched Succession Season 4 episode 1. Watch the last 30 minutes as it encapsulates this whole process

red thru&thru

I do believe Qatar will prevail.

I do not want the Glazers associated with this club in anyway. I don't want their A shares to be associated with this club even if SJR buys all their B class shares.

Marcelinho87

What concerns me about the Ratcliffe bid is the amount of borrowing and debt required to be accumulated before a penny has been spent on players, stadium and infrastructure improvement. And this idea all of that debt from our perspective will magically disappear from our radar and immediately be someone else's problem cannot possibly be true.

They didn't even clear up Nice's debts that are a tiny fraction of ours. Nice are making those repayments still from their own revenue. Yet the expectation is of an "it's on us, lads" settlement when it comes to billions of pounds and associated interest repayments? Again, who can possibly believe that's true?

He's just seen the Glazer potentially make $4-5bn in profit in fifteen years from us and yet we're supposed to be convinced that he is doing this as a legacy project and can't possibly see money to be made from us. Based on seemingly nothing other than if you squint he looks a bit like Richard Branson and the fact he's a lifelong Chelsea...er... Man United fan.

Too much doesn't fit. It's not to say it's a bad deal. But this really isn't the deal people have convinced themselves it's going to be
At this stage it's either stupidity or willful ignorance.

The debt will REMAIN only NEW debt will be put on INEOS.

It doesn't get any clearer than that, nobody has said it will magically disappear or be cleared.

Also Ratcliffe doesn't have 18 years to wait for a potential bit of profit, and it's certainly not going to be 4 or 5bn... His other company, INEOS they're called absolutely dwarf United in terms of profit and revenue so guess what... He doesn't need to spent 5bn on us for some money making project.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We're going to have a dreadful summer transfer window with all the uncertainty aren't we?
Poor Erik.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

It doesn't get any clearer than that, nobody has said it will magically disappear or be cleared.

Also Ratcliffe doesn't have 18 years to wait for a potential bit of profit, and it's certainly not going to be 4 or 5bn... His other company, INEOS they're called absolutely dwarf United in terms of profit and revenue so guess what... He doesn't need to spent 5bn on us for some money making project.
Why are INEOS buying United? The debt might be sitting with INEOS so it’s off the books and United aren’t technically liable for it but they surely have plans for ROI?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I've never been more sure than tonight that I don't want soulless state owned success. We don't need it like they did. Just need to be allowed free reign to spend all of our own money and not be hamstrung by leeches.
I'd rather take one PL win in the next decade and do it properly than four or five like City

stw2022

None of that is true. Only two years ago Ineos' profits "dwarfed" ours with their £200m loss? In 2019 their operation profits were about £12m.

Those who point to revenue and think that means "money they have to buy us a new stadium" are delusional.

All of that ignores the fact that one business can't just "give" another money for all kinds of legal, regulatory, financial and tax obstacles and objections.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.