Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiber

The narrative around Qatar has noticeably changed but reluctant to get my hopes up. Joel and Co will be bloody hard to ever force out of the club until they have drained us of every last penny

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
My friends from Manchester are the exact opposite, I'd be a bit wary of just generalizing everyone based on your family.
Where on Earth did I generalise everyone based on my family?

I gave a specific example of a limited group - my own family.

Where have I stated or even implied that my own family’s opinions are that of all / most match going fans?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Weren't we told a couple of weeks ago that both SJR and SJ had signed off on the club's proposed transfer activity?
Yeah - I'm sure the transfer budget (as well as other ongoing operations) came up during the diligence process.

Bert_

Where on Earth did I generalise everyone based on my family?

I gave a specific example of a limited group - my own family.

Where have I stated or even implied that my own family’s opinions are that of all / most match going fans?
It wasn't explicit, but it did come across as you implying that mancunians were in favour of Qatar. That could be the case tbf. Don't think anyone has polled us yet though. In my limited circle, Qatar isn't a goer. Probably because we spent the best part of a decade slagging off City fans for what we will become.

jm99

Is Nou Camp 99, gone forever after that post that highlighted his past desire for Saudi ownership?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Is Nou Camp 99, gone forever after that post that highlighted his past desire for Saudi ownership?
The fact that you are asking is proof that they still need to wait longer before any return.

jm99

The fact that you are asking is proof that they still need to wait longer before any return.
Tbf I'm absolutely fascinated to find out why someone so pro Saudi ownership would be so anti Qatar, its such a niche position I feel like I need an explanation :lol:

Water Melon

It wasn't explicit, but it did come across as you implying that mancunians were in favour of Qatar. That could be the case tbf. Don't think anyone has polled us yet though. In my limited circle, Qatar isn't a goer. Probably because we spent the best part of a decade slagging off City fans for what we will become.
Will we cook books like they do? Will we do under table payments? Will we be turned into serial PL winners, being a tiny club prior to their ownership?

Bert_

Tbf I'm absolutely fascinated to find out why someone so pro Saudi ownership would be so anti Qatar, its such a niche position I feel like I need an explanation :lol:
Saudis and Qataris haven't been big fans of each other for a while

Bert_

Will we cook books like they do? Will we do under table payments? Will we be turned into serial PL winners, being a tiny club prior to their ownership?
A fair few of our fans act like we are a tiny club that can't survive without financial doping

jm99

Saudis and Qataris haven't been big fans of each other for a while
I get that but nou camp was posting agaisnt state ownership and being a front for a homophpbic regime, he was also critical of Islam (and other religions). So I'm really struggling to see how he was so anti Qatar but pro saudi :lol:

Water Melon

A fair few of our fans act like we are a tiny club that can't survive without financial doping
I do not see Qataris doping us financially. There would be no need for them to do so. So, in my opinion we can not be compared to City as there is no need for Qataris to cook the books.

STYLOISRED

Saying we will become like City if SJ succeeds in buying the club is nothing short of insult IMHO. City were a nothing club before Arab money. Took years of cheating and lucking out with one of the best managers of all time for them to gain any form of relevance in football. We are Manchester United. We have the largest fanbase in the world with a rich history. Being owned by SJ won't reduce our club to nothing.

Water Melon

I get that but nou camp was posting agaisnt state ownership and being a front for a homophpbic regime, he was also critical of Islam (and other religions). So I'm really struggling to see how he was so anti Qatar but pro saudi :lol:
Is there a quote of camp nou supporting Saudi takeover on this forum?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Same, it's utterly bizarre, but I fear we may never get a satisfactory answer.

C'est Moi Cantona

They've not posted since?

If so I don't know why they didn't just admit they are a hypocite, eat some humble pie, have a laugh about someone taking the time to call them out as they did, and just move on. it's funny, but it's really not a big deal.

Bert_

Saying we will become like City if SJ succeeds in buying the club is nothing short of insult IMHO. City were a nothing club before Arab money. Took years of cheating and lucking out with one of the best managers of all time for them to gain any form of relevance in football. We are Manchester United. We have the largest fanbase in the world with a rich history. Being owned by SJ won't reduce our club to nothing.
So do you have a preference for our future ownership? You hit the nail on the head by saying we don't need financial doping, so why let a nation state take over us to use as their marketing tool?

jm99

How do I find any of those?
I think it was on page 1600 of this thread. Normally I'm not a huge fan of going through someone's post histories to criticise them, but this was ridiculous :lol: the guy was full on begging for a Saudi takeover

jm99

They've not posted since?

If so I don't know why they didn't just admit they are a hypocite, eat some humble pie, have a laugh about someone taking the time to call them out as they did, and just move on. it's funny, but it's really not a big deal.
Yeah exactly, just take some jokes about it and move on. Never logging on again is a bit drastic

cyberman

Yeah exactly, just take some jokes about it and move on. Never logging on again is a bit drastic
To be fair it’s a big enough reveal to attack the morals and character of wanting Qatar only to be just as bad for Saudi money.
Hard to come back from that in this thread

STYLOISRED

So do you have a preference for our future ownership? You hit the nail on the head by saying we don't need financial doping, so why let a nation state take over us to use as their marketing tool?
I was in support of SJR until details of his bid and the way he handled the negotiations came out. I thought we would be bought by a true fan who would go above and beyond but the SJ bid exposed the fact that he was just another business man. The fact that he failed to even mirror the concerns and hopes of majority of the fanbase and him even considering giving those leeches a way to stay associated with the club in any form at all shows how out of touch he is with the fanbase.

Hate the Qatar bid all you want, you have to admit they said the things the fans want to hear. Many fans want our club to stop being treated like a cash cow. For once they want to see owners who will actually make commitments towards the club and SJ's bid resonates with them.

I personally don't have any strong feelings towards either to be frank. I didn't start supporting man utd because of it's owners and I won't stop because of that.

Water Melon

It was this post actually
But I need a post from camp nou supporting Saudi ownership. And yes, if he comes back he will be rightfully called a proven hypocrite, so I do not think he will show up again.

Bert_

Well if uncle Jim removes all the debt then no there isn’t. But he hasn’t committed to that.
And feck knows who will actually be in charge if the Qataris take over. I'd rather a club in debt to a bank than a club in debt to a nation.

jm99

But I need a post from camp nou supporting Saudi ownership. And yes, if he comes back he will be rightfully called a proven hypocrite, so I do not think he will show up again.
Click on that post, it contains about 20 quotes from nou camp

C'est Moi Cantona

I do not see Qataris doping us financially. There would be no need for them to do so. So, in my opinion we can not be compared to City as there is no need for Qataris to cook the books.
We just need them to put the money back in for the infrastructure that the Glazers took from the club for themselves, done without any borrowing, from that point we will just run ourselves.

Basically all we need is someone to overpay for us, and then mop up all the mess the Glazers have left behind, and some people wonder why some of us only view the bidders we have as vanity ot legacy purchasers.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
There’s nothing in my post that generalised ‘all Mancs think this’, if you saw it that way it’s not my fault.

And no, Utd being freed to invest on a level playing field relative to its own income and having competitive owners will not make it the same as City.

A mighty lion with its shackles removed is not the same as a genetically modified mutant house cat pumped full of steroids.

Only oppo WUMs suggest otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.