Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JagUTD

Last few pages are missing a "it's happening" post based on a nothing story that may or may not imply something positive for the Qatar lot.

You guys are slacking.

croadyman

Last few pages are missing a "it's happening" post based on a nothing story that may or may not imply something positive for the Qatar lot.

You guys are slacking.
Only got the Nice Matin tweet for any positvity

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
From the Guardian article:

"All told, the Glazers have taken out £154m in dividends and share buybacks since 2015. As the highly respected football finance blogger Swiss Ramble pointed out last year, no owners in the Premier League have taken out more money over the last decade. Indeed many have put in significant funds, including Manchester City’s (£684m), Chelsea’s pre-Todd Boehly (£516m) and Aston Villa’s (£506m). United might still be the world’s biggest cash machine, but when the team, Old Trafford and the Carrington training facility are no longer world class, it comes at a cost."

Fecking disgusting.
Why I cannot countenance having SJR win. He keeps two of those horrible fecking leeches on board. They need to be jettisoned into the sun.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Oh yea he’s definitely gone, I doubt any of the transfer committee will survive ?
It would be stupid to sack murtough or any of his team. Arnold maybe. But you don't touch the football operations in the middle of the transfer window.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
From the Guardian article:

"All told, the Glazers have taken out £154m in dividends and share buybacks since 2015. As the highly respected football finance blogger Swiss Ramble pointed out last year, no owners in the Premier League have taken out more money over the last decade. Indeed many have put in significant funds, including Manchester City’s (£684m), Chelsea’s pre-Todd Boehly (£516m) and Aston Villa’s (£506m). United might still be the world’s biggest cash machine, but when the team, Old Trafford and the Carrington training facility are no longer world class, it comes at a cost."

Fecking disgusting.
Absolute fecking disgrace.

Amazes how some people want them to remain, even in a less visible manner.

AndySmith1990

It would be stupid to sack murtough or any of his team. Arnold maybe. But you don't touch the football operations in the middle of the transfer window.
You do if you identify those in charge of football operations to be useless

Not saying they are or they aren't, just if I took over United when Woodward was still here I'd have sacked him straight away, in the middle of the transfer window or not

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Did think there would be some news this week. It's very quiet, which means something is happening or nothing is happening.

Woziak

No, Not for this and the winter window, agreed but after that new Owners will think, nothing from the past apart from the manager has success so let’s reset ?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Well you have convinced yourself Ratcliffe is still in front so allow us pro Jassim people to try and remain positive he wins
I've convinced myself that we don't know what his going on behind the scenes, therefore we can't deduce who is in the lead until we get an official announcement.

cyberman

Did think there would be some news this week. It's very quiet, which means something is happening or nothing is happening.
I think this is just the process of a takeover.
It’s not a football transfer that has other clubs interested and bids flying in ala Mount.
Just run of the mill, drip drab information about where we’re at by actual journalists and leaving it at that.
The only difference is the posters who stead fast believed every SJR story from a few weeks now now needs news form the horses mouth before even contemplating a Qatar win

MF1138

I'm inclined to believe the Glazers are so afraid of picking the wrong option that things are at a complete standstill.

ChorltonReds

Nobody wants them to remain, but lots accept it's preferable than being owned by a state and adding another nail to footballs coffin. Everybody wants them gone.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Nobody wants them to remain, but lots accept it's preferable than being owned by a state and adding another nail to footballs coffin. Everybody wants them gone.
Right, I get that. We all get that. But these are the options available.

You play the hand you’re given.

You want them gone - this is the option available.

greenoffpearson

I'm inclined to believe the Glazers are so afraid of picking the wrong option that things are at a complete standstill.
Complete standstill is probably not far from the truth.

I heard Joel has today concluded reading the Finnish guy's offer and was confused by fans share ownership, he thought that him and Av would have to continue owning shares.

JagUTD

No body wants them to stay, every single United fan wants them gone but it's the manner of how they go, people differ on.

JagUTD

Lads, lads (and lasses) the Glazers are just performing their due diligence to be sure that the new owners are a good fit for the club going forward.

Money is very much a secondary factor.

Ease up with all the hate.
Certainly very fine fellas and fellette of
utmost standards the Glazers.
Not only have they always had
the clubs best interests at heart, their
staunch dedication knows no bounds.

Last edited:

Lemoor

May I ask why you feel that Ratcliffe is a little bit better? Especially since you are saying anyone but Glazers? With Ratcliffe you are really getting humped by the Glazers.
Taking the controlling stake from the Glazers is the most important thing, even if it leaves two leeches still sucked onto the club. Although obviously it would be much better if all of them just fecked off.

Both offers have a lot of problems and unknowns that we won't know how problematic they are until few years into new management, but problems in Ratcliffe's offer are for the lack of a better word simpler. It's mostly about debt/investment and whether he'll be competent, but with the issues that Glazers created almost everything could go wrong and it would still be an improvement for club. Even basic communication and not requiring his sign-off on everything while living in Florida is going to be better than what we have now and that is with assumption that everything else goes wrong.
Jassim's offer is miles better in terms of debt/investment, but just how much it is his wealth with no strings attached and how much it will be expected that United and fandom becomes a political tool for Qatari ruling family is anyone's guess. Or what would happen to the club in case of some bizzare future succession situation there. Or what would happen if buyers start acting like City's owners and just assert that rules don't apply to them because they're rich and they're not used to not being able to just buy their way into success.
In that case I generally prefer the lower ceiling/higher floor situation, but obviously it's still pretty much complete guesswork.

Joseunited

Lads, lads (and lasses) the Glazers are just performing their due diligence to be sure that the new owners are a good fit for the club going forward.

Money is very much a secondary factor.

Ease up with all the hate.
This is a pisstake right?
These leeching bastards are just making sure they squeeze every last penny out of the club,they couldn't give a feck about the fans/club or anything else.
Atrocious post,can't even spell the fecking leeches name right.

Maticmaker

Right at the beginning of this 'selling the club saga' the only comments I can find directly attributable to the Glazer's was along the lines that they were 'reviewing whether or not to sell part of the club as a means of bringing in more investors'. No mention of selling up completely, so are we all being had in this matter, is it still feasible that the club will still remain part of the Glazer's empire by the time the new season starts?

JagUTD

This is a pisstake right?
These leeching bastards are just making sure they squeeze every last penny out of the club,they couldn't give a feck about the fans/club or anything else.
Atrocious post,can't even spell the fecking leeches name right.
Fantastic response. You tell him/her

Status
Not open for further replies.