Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stw2022

I think if an AIP is reached it would allay transfer budget fears as presumably there would be some kind of agreement in respect of the new owners being involved in the payment structuring of deals. I don't think we'd need to wait for the ink to dry before that can happen

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not sure how the Twitter algorithm works and if its just me, but seeing quite a few mentions of fans not buying a shirt until the Glazers have gone. They've turned the comments off on the official United twitter account advertising the launch date. Things appear to be getting very awkward.
The comments still appear to be on.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Seems to me it's already happened - just that the Glazers are dragging feet about making it formal. If Jassim fails an EPL ownership test because (shock horror) he might be a front for the Emir then the Glazers are in a world of financial loss. So I imagine a lot of work is being done behind the scenes on risk management and keeping INEOS in play as a backup.
If they choose Qatar, I would imagine the due diligence work on whether or not it is a state bid has already been done a while ago.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I wonder what’s going to happen with the shirt as they’re obviously releasing it with Teamviewer on. If Ratcliffe or Qatar buys us surely they will change sponsorship. Are they literally just going to release a new shirt?

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If they choose Qatar, I would imagine the due diligence work on whether or not it is a state bid has already been done a while ago.
If the “due diligence” is similar to Newcastle’s, it will be about constructing a rationale to say that it’s not a state bid (even though it clearly is)

romufc

I wonder what’s going to happen with the shirt as they’re obviously releasing it with Teamviewer on. If Ratcliffe or Qatar buys us surely they will change sponsorship. Are they literally just going to release a new shirt?
Team viewer's deal is up in December anyway. By the time the takeover gets complete and they evaluate the club / finances, it will take months anyway, so I guess for the next season, they will continue with Team Viewer and then look for a new sponsor next season.

Obviously, there are obvious choices, INEOS or Qatar Airways.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Teamviewer want out of the deal so whoever wins would almost certainly replace them immediately. I can't imagine it will take long to make newly branded shirts.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Teamviewer want out of the deal so whoever wins would almost certainly replace them immediately. I can't imagine it will take long to make newly branded shirts.
I understand that but they are releasing them next week. Wonder if they will offer to replace the ones with the old sponsor etc

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I do wonder if the literal radio silence is a sign of things being done? Has to be, surely?

I seem to remember someone saying that in the build up to exclusivity it will go silent for a while... this is getting stupid though

croadyman

I do wonder if the literal radio silence is a sign of things being done? Has to be, surely?

I seem to remember someone saying that in the build up to exclusivity it will go silent for a while... this is getting stupid though
Yeah we have had nothing for a week

stevoc

Hmmm. Recent track record isn't very promising...

Last Wednesday:

Last Friday:

Last Friday (again):

If you just keep moving your 'proper news' horizon a maximum of a couple of days ahead each time, psychologically it always feels like you are on the cusp of something significant, even if you aren't.
''I knew it!''.

Zora

My personal take on this: it’s done. And they’re hammering out the finer details now.

I was listening to something a few weeks back, can’t remember who said it but apparently with takeovers, the extremely silent phase is the end game as the buying parties and seller won’t need to use the media any longer to instigate more bidding wars or competition.

I think Qatar have offered a figure which the Glazers have accepted and it’s now a matter of time.

Devil You Know

My personal take on this: it’s done. And they’re hammering out the finer details now.

I was listening to something a few weeks back, can’t remember who said it but apparently with takeovers, the extremely silent phase is the end game as the buying parties and seller won’t need to use the media any longer to instigate more bidding wars or competition.

I think Qatar have offered a figure which the Glazers have accepted and it’s now a matter of time.
That's a convincing take. I think I'm going to go with it as well.

putzmcgee123

That is my interpretation...not "done" but perhaps in the final stages of reaching an agreement.

For those of us who want the Qataris, I believe we we are in a pretty good spot, based on attempting to read between the lines in this media circus.

croadyman

Hope you are right because dragged out enough,poor Erik needs some clarity on the situation ideally before pre season too

Zora

Hope you are right because dragged out enough,poor Erik needs some clarity on the situation ideally before pre season too
The thing is, this isn’t a football player transfer. And some of our fanbase want news trickled to them every hour, on the hour, every single day.

This is a multi billion pound deal for one of the most famous sporting institutions on the planet. Plus, NDA’s were signed. There are no agents being mouthy and giving the press snippets of info.

Just because Ten Hag is quiet doesn’t mean he isn’t being kept up to date on proceedings. He might know everything, we will never know.

Just hang in there, this will get done. And that’s more important than buying 30 year old Harry Kane before September.

croadyman

The thing is, this isn’t a football player transfer. And some of our fanbase want news trickled to them every hour, on the hour, every single day.

This is a multi billion pound deal for one of the most famous sporting institutions on the planet. Plus, NDA’s were signed. There are no agents being mouthy and giving the press snippets of info.

Just because Ten Hag is quiet doesn’t mean he isn’t being kept up to date on proceedings. He might know everything, we will never know.

Just hang in there, this will get done. And that’s more important than buying 30 year old Harry Kane before September.
Personally I don't see Kane age as an issue because he has never been about pace. Until he grows a set in order to get price down to £80m this won't go anywhere

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I doubt it. That's not what happened in Newcastle case. EPL will put on a show before letting it past.

RedDevil@84

Would be a bit rich at this point given Man City’s 115 charges that they’re doing literally nothing about, coupled with City’s blatant state ownership.
Are you saying PL is a hypocritic money loving institution??

Sounds about right.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Have you ever done a turd so big that it won’t flush away… and you’re standing there, repeatedly pulling the flush lever… yet all that happens is the toilet fills up with water and then slowly drains away, leaving your huge turd completely unmoved?

This sale is a lot like that, except, instead of pressing the flush lever, we’re pressing the refresh button, and also, we didn’t actually do the turd, and thus we were denied even the basic satisfaction of relieving ourselves.

And instead of it being one turd, it’s two.

We’re stuck trying to flush away 2 immovable turds, that we didn’t even do.

And so with this in mind, I propose that rather than label the Glazers ‘the leeches’, we rename them ‘the turds’.

Please flush away, turds. I beg of you, please just flush away.

Zora

Can’t see it personally. I think they will welcome it
I agree. A cash rich Man Utd, their biggest brand within the brand, will have them all salivating. We will have City, Newcastle, Liverpool with Klopp and Man Utd all challenging for the league.

Also, the league can’t allow City and Newcastle to have the owners they’ve got yet refuse Utd. We would take the PL to the cleaners.

Teja

They won’t do anything.
The only thing PL cares about is making the PL a more attractive product. This sale does that so they'll be fine. Especially because they want to knock City down a peg or two so the PL doesn't become the bundesliga.

George The Best

If a deal has been done in principle, then it’s over to the legal teams to work through the finer details of the contract(s). Nothing would leak from them. I’m hoping that is where we are now, although there could still be a fair bit of work to do to finalise this. If this is the case we could expect an SEC filing coupled with the suspension of shares, and a formal announcement. Fingers crossed.

Nori-

Surely the Glazers can see what's happening with Chelsea selling their unwanted stars to Saudi Arabia (who are big investors in Chelsea) to fix their books and keep spending within FFP.

They must realise without huge investment every year and a network of clubs in other countries, they can't compete anymore and must sell now. Add to that a new stadium and training facilities.

They've milked United for every cent they can get now. Staying beyond this summer would be counter productive for them.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Surely the Glazers can see what's happening with Chelsea selling their unwanted stars to Saudi Arabia (who are big investors in Chelsea) to fix their books and keep spending within FFP.

They must realise without huge investment every year and a network of clubs in other countries, they can't compete anymore and must sell now. Add to that a new stadium and training facilities.

They've milked United for every cent they can get now. Staying beyond this summer would be counter productive for them.
They do know what's happening hence they're trying to extract as much money as possible from a sale. They don't care if it affects our transfer window.

Man Utd's biggest signing is a new owner.

Woziak

Seems to me it's already happened - just that the Glazers are dragging feet about making it formal. If Jassim fails an EPL ownership test because (shock horror) he might be a front for the Emir then the Glazers are in a world of financial loss. So I imagine a lot of work is being done behind the scenes on risk management and keeping INEOS in play as a backup.
The Qatari and especially SJ’s Father is too well connected in UK finances, business and the uk government for that to happen when Abu Dhabi and SA exist in City and Newcastle I would say SJR is more at risk with his half leverage buy out !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.