Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VivaRonaldo85

Presumably there was never a dead line put on this deal. I know nothing about multi billion pound bids for football clubs but I always thought there’d be some sort of strict deadline in place. Anyway back to my beans on toast.

Infra-red

Presumably there was never a dead line put on this deal. I know nothing about multi billion pound bids for football clubs but I always thought there’d be some sort of strict deadline in place. Anyway back to my beans on toast.
No deadlines and, whatever we might think about the long-term viability (or lack thereof) of the Glazer business plan, the family is not under any immediate pressure to sell.

dacore

No deadlines and, whatever we might think about the long-term viability (or lack thereof) of the Glazer business plan, the family is not under any immediate pressure to sell.
They know though that the expenses are piling up in the near future.

MarylandMUFan

As a DC sports supporter (used to have Washington Capitals season tickets before they raised prices too high), this is really odd. Qatar buying into the Caps while at the same time trying to buy the football team I have supported since 1984. What the hell is going on? Guess I have to resign myself that this is the way things will be for my teams and will probably be that way for many teams to come.

MUFC OK

This Glazer ownership will be a disaster until the end. Biggest priority is getting them gone and bringing in an ambitious owner. I've given up on this transfer window besides Mount and maybe a Striker.

MUFC OK

So is Ornstein saying it's not good for Premier League if Jassim takes over,however he might actually be saying it's not good for the club due to the time it's taking to sort out
He didnt say that :lol: said the uncertainty and poorly managed process by the Glazers is hampering transfer business. We are used to it as united fans - on the outside looking in people are baffled.

MF1138

So is Ornstein saying it's not good for Premier League if Jassim takes over,however he might actually be saying it's not good for the club due to the time it's taking to sort out

from around 24:45

The bit about -the ownership situation could be cleared up in days for all we know- is just an aside more to cover that he doesn't really know how and when it will resolve. It's the problem when twitter accounts take snippets out of an actual spoken conversation. Nuance is completely lost.

Winnie

I think it’s much further away than being reported. I don’t think any offer will be accepted until October-December IMO
I’d be amazed the Glazers would risk the wrath of the old Trafford crowd if they let it drag on that long particularly if it screws up the transfer window.

TrueRed79

I'll more or less give up on football if Qatar win this. Could you imagine Madrid getting bought out by a state? no. Some things in life are sacred and not a tool for governments. Social institutions should be left alone. Shame on the PL and UK government for allowing this to happen in the first place. It's disgusting. Please, please please let SJR win this.

Eric_the_Red99

I'll more or less give up on football if Qatar win this. Could you imagine Madrid getting bought out by a state? no. Some things in life are sacred and not a tool for governments. Social institutions should be left alone. Shame on the PL and UK government for allowing this to happen in the first place. It's disgusting. Please, please please let SJR win this.
Well no, because Real Madrid have basically been the Spanish government’s pet club for decades. They don’t need a Middle East sugar daddy when they have a big European country batting for them.

santeria13

Sublemon
Bye

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is this a joke? Do you know anything at all about their history?

Lyng

No white text??

rizx

Some things in life are sacred and football clubs surely aren't that

red thru&thru

I can't wait for Sheikh Jassim to takeover. Lovely.

And Real Madrid are a beacon of all that is pure in football? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moiraine

This guy seems to have the latest update, Authentic as **** :D:wenger::drool:
Now haters will say he knows nothing but i disagree. He got emails ...

Fr. Todd Unctious

'Kin hell :lol:

Tell me you don't know about Real's history without telling me you don't know about Real's history

Morpheus 7

You had a nightmare there, please tell me you know about Real Madrid's history.

Giggsyking

:lol:

GreatDane

I needed a laugh, thanks :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.