Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appletonred

The Glazers cannot afford to not sell to Jassim, they will have to accept his offer ultimately and they certainly cannot risk him walking away, this will be done soon, they are out of road with Ratcliffe out of the equation.

croadyman

It's obvious what is going to happen

Ask yourself if you really believe that Ineos dropping out (which is hypothetical because we don't know that for sure yet) means they'll just make it an easy transaction with Qatar

It's clear how they operate, they need to pit bidders against each other. If it won't be INEOS, it'll just be somebody else and the next available thing will be the likes of Carlyle. And IMO it is naive to think we don't have weeks ahead of this, if not months, due to the Glazer's greed.

Guarantee you that over the next days and weeks, we will hear much more about the minority investment
Just don't spread the minority investment stuff in here because we don't wanna hear it

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Put simply, Ratcliffe knew he was up against Qatar and he wasn’t going to outmuscle them financially so had to be creative and it looks like it hasn’t worked out for him.

Woziak

Exactly. Yet there were folk on here in the pro Brexit Jimmy camp who were trying to suggest the Qatari’s were handling this like amateurs. :lol:
Exactly they knew their only fight was with the Glazers themselves on whether they wanted to sell or not ?

croadyman

Seen a lot of posts saying sir Jim's bid is dead? Wonder if its just the usual tripe.
Well it's coming from a business expert David Hellier not Hillier who played for Arsenal. He was on the Utd View with Flex earlier today talking about the takeover situation

Salwan

Obviously, SJR doesn't have the financial muscle of Qatar (duh), so he tried to solve the problem by only buying a controlling stake in the club (51%), offering the Glazers more money per share in the process.

To someone like me, with no in-depth knowledge of takeovers and regulations, that made perfect sense. I guess it's not that simple, eh?

Cantona in disguise

Well it's coming from a business expert David Hellier not Hillier who played for Arsenal. He was on the Utd View with Flex earlier today talking about the takeover situation
Bloomberg journalist has a source that has briefed him that it’s now dead.
Thanks guys I'm stuck at work so was briefly scanning and saw it from a few sketchy sources. Appreciate the info.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If it is true that SJR bid is dead because of the minority shareholder issue, then that issue has been known for ages. So the reality would be that SJR was out weeks ago and yet the Glazers still haven't sold. That to me tells me that there is much more to all of this, and that there probably is a good chance the Glazers don't sell.

pocco

loco
Obviously, SJR doesn't have the financial muscle of Qatar (duh), so he tried to solve the problem by only buying a controlling stake in the club (51%), offering the Glazers more money per share in the process.

To someone like me, with no in-depth knowledge of takeovers and regulations, that made perfect sense. I guess it's not that simple, eh?
Unless I've missed something, he made an offer to buy out all of the Glazers also.

Smores

TBF the whole structure of the business end of the club is incredibly messy with a New York minority listing, A & B shares, Cayman Islands jurisdiction etc

So it's feasible that Jim's advisors are coming up with new takeover structures which sound good in theory, but won't actually stand up to legal challenge from the small but powerful (a whole list of hedge funds) minority shareholders
Shareholder disputes aren't exactly uncommon either. As always an hysterical reaction over snippets of news in here.

Siorac

think the best approach is to pop in here at the end of each day and see if there have been developments.
Every couple of weeks is more than enough, really. If something actually happens - something tangible, not just articles and tweets about who's confident of what -, you'll see it immediately from the thread title anyway.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
If it is true that SJR bid is dead because of the minority shareholder issue, then that issue has been known for ages. So the reality would be that SJR was out weeks ago and yet the Glazers still haven't sold. That to me tells me that there is much more to all of this, and that there probably is a good chance the Glazers don't sell.
Which is exactly what is being reported.

The Qatari take it or leave it offer was nearly 3 weeks ago. Bloomberg sources are saying that they don’t understand what is taking so long and attribute the hold up to “The kids” referring to the Glazers being indecisive and arguing between themselves.

It needs 6 of them to sign it off, I love bashing them but it’s a multi-billion deal and the culmination of an 18 year process for them. It’s really no surprise that they are doing their best to squeeze it.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Probably been posted but that Bloomberg journo retweeted this...

Seems his source is the Qatar group. So not sure if their views on the SJR bid should be trusted.
He’s summarising the Bloomberg article. He has no sources.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Glazer advertised it as full sale or minority investment. If they reject Qatar bid, then minorty shareholders will ask the question why bid to buy them out was rejected. So at this moment, Qatar is most certainly winning this bid

Tiber

Put simply, Ratcliffe knew he was up against Qatar and he wasn’t going to outmuscle them financially so had to be creative and it looks like it hasn’t worked out for him.
He could have considered something really drastic and invested a little of his own cash

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
He could have considered something really drastic and invested a little of his own cash
And achieve what? He’s still never going to outmuscle Qatar.

NK86

Same journo 2 days ago...

I'd take it all with a pinch of salt.
He has not changed his tune. He has just reported on one of the bidders being confident of winning. Not sure why you would pick that tweet to try to justify your stance of not wanting to trust Bloomberg.

pocco

loco

The Qatari take it or leave it offer was nearly 3 weeks ago. Bloomberg sources are saying that they don’t understand what is taking so long and attribute the hold up to “The kids” referring to the Glazers being indecisive and arguing between themselves.

It needs 6 of them to sign it off, I love bashing them but it’s a multi-billion deal and the culmination of an 18 year process for them. It’s really no surprise that they are doing their best to squeeze it.
More like 6 or 7 weeks ago. Or have they made another 'take it or leave it' offer that I've missed?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Sheikh-Jassim-submits-final-leave-offer.html

DevilRed

Probably been posted but that Bloomberg journo retweeted this...

Seems his source is the Qatar group. So not sure if their views on the SJR bid should be trusted.
The only "sauce" he has is the shite that comes out of his arse after a bad curry.

Fanta Stick

Is that confirmed as to how the decision would be made? I had been thinking the decision might be weighted by each respective shareholding % as they are not equal shareholders?

Marcelinho87

Due diligence and lawyers looking at outcomes could have taken weeks, they may have been exploring the legality of it and whatnot

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Shareholder disputes aren't exactly uncommon either. As always an hysterical reaction over snippets of news in here.
Absolutely

And it's likely we currently have a shareholder dispute within the Glazer family too - probably a major reason for all the delays and lack of progress

Status
Not open for further replies.