Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Not someone any of us tend to listen to but Ben Jacobs says “selling side sources” insist the hold up is on the Qatar side because their method of purchase isn’t ready from a legal or logistical point of view. He touched on it below too recently:

What a word salad

Spoony

The People's President
What's he actually saying? Qatar might win but Ratcliffe still has a chance however there's also a possibility the Glazers may keep the club?

Last edited:

George The Best

Absolutely the Class B shares and an agreement fee paid to relinquish control of the club will be made first as well as an agreement to pay off legacy debt to the various lenders, not the clubs working debt or amortised transfer debt.

The class A shares will then be offered an enterprise fair price value under cayman law offer which should be concluded 60/90 days after Class B and controlling shares are sold. The Glazers are notoriously difficult to deal with and all the initial fees will have to be disclosed because the club Will initially still be listed on the NYSE.

This in my humble opinion is why it’s taking so long, there is so much money to be paid out into various accounts and due diligence on fees this high could literally take months.
If the A shares are not offered the same price as the B shares then there may be trouble ahead.

Blood Mage

Once again the Glazers have decided they don't have the appetite to spend more money and are forcing Ten Hag to keep Maguire and McTominay instead, two players he doesn't want. The sooner this fecking sale goes through the better.

Woziak

What a word salad
He knows very little, defintely less I’d wager than the Cardiff Chairmen who brokered the original LBO of united in 2005, from the outset it looks like Qatar may have indeed agreed a sale in principle but, they are arranging all of the necessary deceptions to ensure they pass a fit and proper EPL test and that UEFA will be happy with the directors being different from PSG, there is now no urgency and they can do true due diligence in the next 10/12 weeks without the pressure of a transfer window.

The debt will need to be paid and there may be multiple creditors to be paid, then they have Class A Share holders to offer a fair market price to and agree purchase of the minority, it’s not announced yet because both parties want to make sure there are not going to announce a sale if there are potential Obstacles to completing the sale process, I’m actually starting to think Custis may have some credibility with his leak last week. No rush now, however if ETH united side are not in the top 3 or 4 come Xmas and SJ takes over, he’s going to be calling the shots with transfers and ETH stubbornness with certain players like Antony and others will
Not be tolerated, he’ll be told to coach the players that the new board recruit.

Pes6Monster

He SJ takes over, he’s going to be calling the shots with transfers and ETH stubbornness with certain players like Antony and others will
Not be tolerated, he’ll be told to coach the players that the new board recruit.
Yep, when Qatar (not SJ, he's just the public face) take over they will be telling EtH who they are signing and he will be advised that if he wants to remain in the job, he'd better play ball.

United will become what Qatar used psg for: A mismanaged galactico shitshow.

Ben Jacobs v Sir Nick Speed. I know who I believe.
Neither of them.

Once again the Glazers have decided they don't have the appetite to spend more money and are forcing Ten Hag to keep Maguire and McTominay instead, two players he doesn't want. The sooner this fecking sale goes through the better.
Nope. Maguire is entitled to negotiate a settlement and is under no particular obligation to leave the club, especially for lower wages elsewhere. I sincerely wish that he would, though. United cannot force him out.

As for McTom, he's hanging around because of external hold-ups with Amrabat and Everton likely demanding a fortune for Onana.

The Glazers will allow EtH to spend whatever they can get away with. No skin of their noses, is it?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Is it though?
Yes - it's not my opinion, it's fact

Do you understand what a sovereign wealth fund is? The ownership of Newcastle is absolutely clear

There is no one claiming Newcastle are privately owned apart from you it seems

Very different to the set up of 92Foundation

Last edited:

Woziak

Yep, when Qatar (not SJ, he's just the public face) take over they will be telling EtH who they are signing and he will be advised that if he wants to remain in the job, he'd better play ball.

United will become what Qatar used psg for: A mismanaged galactico shitshow.

That’s exactly what I said, this is a state bid and they are looking at how they can get through the relevant tests and yes It will become a new Galactico Shiteshow however right now only Mbappe still plays at PSG, my guess is if LA Laga continues to decline where Madrid are getting thrashed 4-0 in a CL semi final, Mbappe might end up in the PL next season on £1m per week at good old Mercenary United, that solves the problem.

Neither of them.

Nope. Maguire is entitled to negotiate a settlement and is under no particular obligation to leave the club, especially for lower wages elsewhere. I sincerely wish that he would, though. United cannot force him out.

As for McTom, he's hanging around because of external hold-ups with Amrabat and Everton likely demanding a fortune for Onana.

The Glazers will allow EtH to spend whatever they can get away with. No skin of their noses, is it?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Not someone any of us tend to listen to but Ben Jacobs says “selling side sources” insist the hold up is on the Qatar side because their method of purchase isn’t ready from a legal or logistical point of view. He touched on it below too recently:

I am sure its Stephen Merchant who is waffling through this.

stevoc

Yes - it's not my opinion, it's fact

Do you understand what a sovereign wealth fund is? The ownership of Newcastle is absolutely clear

What's your point with this condescending question mate? You know that we both agree who owns Newcastle.

My point is Newcastle are clearly trying to present themselves as anything other than state owned. If it's a fact and Newcastle publicly acknowledge they are state owned.

Then they wouldn't have gone to the trouble with the whole farce to assure the PL that the PIF is separate from the Saudi state. When it quite clearly is not.

Very different to the set up of 92Foundation
Right now perhaps but time will tell I suppose.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The crowd sings we want the Glazers out loudly at every match - having paid for their tickets through the nose.
So feck them - they already paid.

The Glazers are pissing themsleves laughing

Appletonred

The crowd sings we want the Glazers out loudly at every match - having paid for their tickets through the nose.

Thats right, if the fans really wanted Glazers out then they would not be giving them money and further reasons to stay,
its not actually a serious protest if they are not voting with their feet, its just expressing an opinion, totally laughable!

philippexyz

In order to force the Glazers out, some kind of a massive boycott initiative would need to grow first in Manchester, then in all of the UK. Convince as many people as possible not to attend games and buy merchandise, for the long term health of the club. Glazers understand only the financial language. If supposed United fans really care about the club, they would understand and bare the sacrifice.

Sacrifices must often be made for the greater good - it's an intrinsic principle/doctrine of life ingrained in it's core.

Before all of this sale "charade" started in November, i was thinking that the ultimate fate of this club is that it will have to definitely fall, and fall pretty, pretty hard, in order to potentially, but not necessarily, rise again - like a phoenix. I'm afraid that might be the consequence of the Glazer Apocalypse(Tragedy). There is a potential future midtable obscurity, relegation battle, administration/bankruptcy with this wicked, grotesque, pathologically greedy American family.

We survived as a club one big tragedy - the infamous Munich Air Disaster of 1958 and persevered through it.

Can we survive another catastrophe - The Glazer Apocalypse(Tragedy)? Only time will tell.

If we do survive and rise again, i do hope it's the last time something like this happens to this legendary sporting institution. It's been enough - it doesn't deserve it any more. Let it be, in peace and prosperity.

Bosws87

See the non match attendees are getting giddy again.

Match day revenue is a drop in the ocean, very easy to sit and expect people to give up something they may never get back. The best outcome unlikely to be sat with the crowd they have been with for x amount of years.

Easy from the outside, when you’re not committed, United will long out live the Glazers.

Last edited:

Lemoor

Wasn't Premier League pretty loudly claiming that they got 'legally binding assurances' that the state won't control the club?

FujiVice

I'm so sick of this ownership. I hope whoever takes over takes a flame thrower to that front office of course.

Tiber

Looking forward to the day Jassim sends Richard Arnold and the rest of the Glazer cronies packing.

Important reminder today how deep the disease which is Glazer ownership has sunk into the heart of the club.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
This farce took so long that we basically have to write this season off in terms of our ambitions in winning a major trophy.

Just hope it's over soon.

Appletonred

I remember the start of this sale process and the mantra was that it should be complete around the end of the first quarter, its been an absolute drain and indicative of these owners, the only time this club truly starts to recover fully is when they are eventually gone.

FujiVice

This farce took so long that we basically have to write this season off in terms of our ambitions in winning a major trophy.

Just hope it's over soon.
I dont care about it at this point. Just sick to fecking death of these owners, their staff. I just hope its over soon

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
What's your point with this condescending question mate? You know that we both agree who owns Newcastle.

My point is Newcastle are clearly trying to present themselves as anything other than state owned. If it's a fact and Newcastle publicly acknowledge they are state owned.

Then they wouldn't have gone to the trouble with the whole farce to assure the PL that the PIF is separate from the Saudi state. When it quite clearly is not.

Right now perhaps but time will tell I suppose.
Because if you understand that Newcastle are 80% owned by the SWF of Saudi Arabia, then how can you suggest that they can even pretend to be privately owned?

Newcastle United are not in any way trying to hide the fact they are owned by the state, you will not find any statement from them which says anything different.
Same as PSG who are clearly owned by the state investment fund.
Man City, on paper, are actually different though and Sheikh Mansour claims this is his personal venture - whether this is true or not is a different discussion.

I do get there is confusion due to NUFC promise to the PL about who exactly has 'control' of the club (a vague and ultimately meaningless term), but this is seperate to the ownership which absolutely clearly is PIF, the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia.

Wasn't Premier League pretty loudly claiming that they got 'legally binding assurances' that the state won't control the club?
Yes but the state still own the club - this is a fact

The PL came up with this bollocks to try and save face when they lost the legal battle to block the Saudi takeover

George The Best

I only heard Glazer out chants less than a handful of times on Saturday. They need to be a lot more forceful and visible.
Won’t make the slightest bit of difference - they don’t care. Only people they are really listening to are their advisers - and they don’t seem to be taking much notice of them either, as I’m sure they are telling them to get out with the best offer on the table (whichever that is)

RopersReturn

Haven’t looked at this thread for a while now as find it depressing. But am really angry that the brothers have deliberately allowed this to drag on into the new season, and now Maguires trying to hold us to ransom too with his demands, totally sick of them all and they’re a disgrace to the club’s history.

ErikElevenHag

I've already paid for a season ticket, why would me not going to the game make any difference?

No matter how much I want the ownership to change, I don't intend to not be at the games supporting my club as I have done for the last 15 years.

It's an easy argument to make, when not going to the games on a regular basis is you're default setting as a United fan anyway.

Reactions: Rood

McGrathsipan

I've already paid for a season ticket, why would me not going to the game make any difference?

No matter how much I want the ownership to change, I don't intend to not be at the games supporting my club as I have done for the last 15 years.

It's an easy argument to make, when not going to the games on a regular basis is you're default setting as a United fan anyway.
You already gave them your money they love that kind of protester.

McGrathsipan

Haven’t looked at this thread for a while now as find it depressing. But am really angry that the brothers have deliberately allowed this to drag on into the new season, and now Maguires trying to hold us to ransom too with his demands, totally sick of them all and they’re a disgrace to the club’s history.
Maguire is not holding anyone to ransom he's simply demanding the money he's entitled to from the contract he signed. Its a serious sum of money and another bad example of Glazers poor ownership

kode

so they can update on MG process yet they cant do it for the sale/parody sale which is taking for ever

Status
Not open for further replies.