Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordSpud

My interest in football is waning now. Just feel like the club has been destroyed by outside interests,
Same as this. Ive got absolutely zero interest in it at the moment. This club is a laughing stock and I really find myself not caring about it.

Also the whole premise of the league is now a formality. City are absolutely dominant now, they will win the league this year and next year, and likely equal or even better the treble. Boring.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Genuine disgrace. I wonder if they really had any interest in selling. The offers received were clearly good and more than enough to make a substantial profit. There was and is never going to be a bid of £10bn.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The share price fall seems too big to just be movements based on rumour - someone knows something

The papers will say the Glazers are losing money with the price fall but if they want to take the club private then a lower share price benefits them

The relatively small float means our shares have always been open to manipulation
Not at all. Share prices go up and down massively from speculation. This daily mail gossip paper was allowed to fester over a long weekend in the US. It just caused uncertainty that's all.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Is it possible that the leaks of the club being taken off the market came from the bidders (Qatar obviously has links to the DM), to force a drop in the share price and maybe force the Glazers hand?

GoldanoGraham

Just last week the papers were saying that Qatar had won and would be completed in October. Now this week something completely different.

Until either SJR or Qatar come out and say it’s over then it isn’t over - their NDA’s become worthless once the process stops and you can be sure to hear their sides if this comical process once that it so.

As yet, they as well as everyone else involved with this process is saying nothing - so that means it ain’t over.

Just clickbait - and we’ll timed at that to cover the new main headache which is going to be Anthony.

Spark

Jesus a near 20% drop and people thought the news on the weekend could be outright bollocks
It's as bollocks as the 20% rise off the back of those tenuous Qatar rumours. For context we were $18.50 in June. If we go below $12 - the price in Nov 2022 when they announced they were looking to sell then it's a different story.

For what it's worth, I have always thought the Glazers had no intention to sell. I have been mildly optimistic at times, but by and large have always assumed the most likely outcome is that they sack the process off. At my most cynical I think it was just a distraction technique to further under-invest in the squad. First it was January with loans for Weghorst et. al, then it was the summer gone where we've had "FFP" and what not. But also the whole "you don't buy new tires for a car you're about to sell" could also ring true. Problem is, if they are now in a perpetual state of potentially selling, they will starve this club in ways they have never before.

Who ever called for aggressive non-peaceful protest earlier in this thread wasn't wrong.

Fergies Gum

I think it has now got to the stage where a large number of people need to storm the pitch after a game to do a sit-in.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Not at all. Share prices go up and down massively from speculation. This daily mail gossip paper was allowed to fester over a long weekend in the US. It just caused uncertainty that's all.
Well it is the biggest one day fall in the history of Man Utd so seems like more than general speculation

goalscholes

I imagine the owners to be a lot like Succession. All the spoilt, useless kids wanting different things, using the club as a pawn to fight for affection and power.

Lord of Blackhaven

People aren't prepared to do what needs to be done. About 5000 bothered their arse to stay around after the Forest game. That means that the vast majority of match going fans aren't prepared to give up an hour or two of their time to protest. If all season ticket holders just stopped attending for a month the Glazers would be done. Get matches stopped even if it means a points deduction. Only direct action will get rid of these parasites. Force the Premier League to intervene.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I’m sure the club will be sold but not by Spring next year I reckon. These things take time.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well it is the biggest one day fall in the history of Man Utd so seems like more than general speculation
There has been as big rises from speculation too. It hasn't dipped to pre sale announcement levels either.
One day moves on their own aren't material. It's not sustained.

If we go by say mid June, there was a 30%(!) rise in the stock price over a couple day period. This was essentially down to speculation too - where a Qatari Newspaper fuelled fake news that Qatar have been successful (this on 06/13).

Yes the share price will move when there is an announcement or breaking news, but it also moves from all of the shit speculation in between. It's best not to use that as a leading indicator every time.

EDIT - Bloomberg link where our shares rose as much as 31% in pre-market trading. https://blinks.bloomberg.com/news/stories/RW6NP3T0G1KW

Last edited:

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Same as this. Ive got absolutely zero interest in it at the moment. This club is a laughing stock and I really find myself not caring about it.

Also the whole premise of the league is now a formality. City are absolutely dominant now, they will win the league this year and next year, and likely equal or even better the treble. Boring.
Agree, in fact I should be rephrasing to say the league has been destroyed by outside interests.

Sad times for the game.

theballisround

They either wanted to sell, noticed that people are ready to throw money around and asked for too much or they intentionally put the club up for sale to prove that people will actually pay 6bn for it and to drive their share price up so they can make some money by selling a part of them.

Either way, they ain't going nowhere.

philippexyz

The likely problem is that Joel and Avram want the deal with Jimmy Brexit where they remain as minority shareholders, Sir Jim invests his money in the club and then J&A benefit from it and sell their shares eventually for the higher price.

But, the rest(4) of the Glazer family wants to accept the Qatari deal, get money now and distribute it more equally amongst the siblings. Joel and Avram are pathologically greedy and feel entitled that they deserve more than their siblings because they've been supposedly more "involved"(better say "spotted") with the running of the club. Minority shareholders also want the Qatari deal, obviously, to sell their shares at the premium - something Ratcliffe is not offering.

It's a civil war in the Glazer family, stalemate which I don't know how(if) will ever be resolved. All 6 of them have to agree to the same decision at the same time, which is the real pain in the ass. Who will give up on their stance first? Will bidders increase their offer(which I think is unlikely at this point after multiple rounds of bidding)?

Do Glazers realize that United is a mess and more and more of a depreciating asset during their apocalyptic ownership and we're getting left behind our rivals while money/investment entering the PL is only increasing and competition is getting harder and harder? Newest examples are Boehly at Chelsea and arrival of Saudis at Newcastle. Brilliance(and possible emergence of) Brighton with excellent running of the club, recruitment especially. Arsenal and Liverpool can afford to buy £100m+ players now and basically outspend us/overpower us in the transfer market(Declan Rice and Liverpool's 110m bid for Caicedo), while we struggle with FFP, cash and have to often rely on last minute loans(Amrabat, Regulion, Weghorst, Sabitzer...).

Where are you going, grotesque and delusional Glazers, reveal yourself!? It's time.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Must say I'm kind of surprised that, considering how easy weapons are to get in America, no crazy fan has taken things into their own hands. I guess English teams don't have quite the same level of fanaticism as they seem to show in some areas, but I know I wouldn't be sleeping well at night if I was running one of the biggest sporting clubs in the world into the ground to the extent that their fans were chanting about me dying.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Before would be a lot more impactful.
This is probably the only thing I would get involved in now. Getting on the pitch and getting games called off.

Open for criticism, but I've given up on anything else as nothing works, they don't care. Fair play to anyone still trying though, you have my full support.

chocolate cloud

Please get out of my club you vermin. They've made me so demoralised and I don't care about the Premier League anymore. They've ruined us

Coops73

Must say I'm kind of surprised that, considering how easy weapons are to get in America, no crazy fan has taken things into their own hands. I guess English teams don't have quite the same level of fanaticism as they seem to show in some areas, but I know I wouldn't be sleeping well at night if I was running one of the biggest sporting clubs in the world into the ground to the extent that their fans were chanting about me dying.
I’ve often thought this, all them crazy mother feckers with guns and not one is a United fan?

Supporting this club is a hard slog at the moment, I’m an old cnut who has been following the club since the seventies and I can’t remember feeling so much negativity around the club and I don’t see that negativity dissipating until them bastards have gone.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
We'll never be rid of the bastards. feck them. The very fabric of the club is in the same state as the stadium; neglected, ignored, only left standing because of the work carried out by people who were here and before these cnuts showed up.

In the background, fading; Sir Alex and all that he represents. In the foreground; some useless bastard and his shit glasses.

Vidooq

But you are not paying for a well-operated business. You are paying for the name, for the brand. This is what these idiots are selling and why the premiums on the share prices are out of reality. Qatar knows that Real, Bayern, and Barcelona will not be for sale anytime soon. Prestige. And Glazers are so out of reality, they can slap a 10b£ price on it truly believing that this is what that prestige is worth. If Qatar had a chance of acquiring one of the clubs above, they would've long gone took the Glazers where you can't walk to. And this is why they haven't shifted their attention to Tottenham, a club that has state of the art stadium, a better base, and's more vibrant city.

I've been in sales all my life, from retail to some bigger types of sales. But I must admit, as much as it pains me to say it as this is done to the club I love, they are playing such a perfect game in order to get as much money as possible. They are keeping both sides in the dark, playing the waiting game, while they know that one of the bidders is not the one known for prolonged purchases as they have a reputation to protect, and they keep inviting them to make more and more bids, while nobody knowing how much is enough. From the position of the buying party, this is a very difficult position to be. It's like throwing darts in a pitch-black room.

I have this gut feeling that Qatar will be back to the table with a bigger offer, between 7-7.5b£ and the club will be sold.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Also why is he speaking there as if Ratcliffe isn't part of the picture anymore? He's mentioning Raine, Club and SJ only...
He either knows feck all which could be the case but a big coincidence that the share price fell by 18% the first working day after the article was released or Ratcliffe really isn't in the picture anymore because of the fact that his deal isn't feasible.

ErikElevenHag

I think it has now got to the stage where a large number of people need to storm the pitch after a game to do a sit-in.
And get banned from attending another football game for the next 5 years. Can really see this idea taking off.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
He either knows feck all which could be the case but a big coincidence that the share price fell by 18% the first working day after the article was released or Ratcliffe really isn't in the picture anymore because of the fact that his deal isn't feasible.
But it's already been posted that the market reacts pretty reactively to speculation. It was pointed out that the share price rose when speculation on Qatar came out, and it fell on this report of the Glazers wanting to pull the club. Pretty sure it means nothing, but it could have implications for the Glazers in other ways.

If Ratcliffe wasn't involved anymore, i'm pretty sure that he'd have spoken out and said he's pulling away from the deal due to not being able to come to a satisfactory conclusion regarding the Class A share issues?

Irishman

Getting the games stopped is a last resort but it's now inevitable at this point considering the utter contempt the owners hold us in. Get it done lads!

Status
Not open for further replies.