Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woziak

NDA. Every article is clickbait, even from Bloomberg. They don't know anything we don't already know and they won't find out anything before it is formally announced
A representative from Bloomberg said three months INEOS bid was dead on arrival because of the minority share hollers, this makes sense, they’ve had 3 months to source additional investment.

Artimities

Sglowrider I believe stated we should chip in to fly a banner at each Bucc's game. I would be down for that. Think about the message it sends. They are in the states watching NFL thinking everything is fine cuz the Bucs are 2-0 and you see a Glazers Out banner... lmao!!!!

Priceless and worth every penny if it gets people talking. Shit made ESPN here!!!!

spwd

Breaking news, Glazers sell Tampa Bay Bucaneers after fans fly Glazers Out banner at game.
:lol: :nervous:

I think each Caf member should contribute a minimum amount each for a banner each bucc home game.
Pointless protesting in Manchester when the feckers don't even watch the games on TV never mind visit.
Sglowrider I believe stated we should chip in to fly a banner at each Bucc's game. I would be down for that. Think about the message it sends. They are in the states watching NFL thinking everything is fine cuz the Bucs are 2-0 and you see a Glazers Out banner... lmao!!!!

Priceless and worth every penny if it gets people talking. Shit made ESPN here!!!!
Yup I'd happily chuck a few quid in.

greenoffpearson

It seems like, the Glazers were told by Sir Jim to hold off making a decision, earlier in the summer, he would try to resolve the minority share holder problem.

He has now secured more money to buy out the A class group.

Glazers would always been happy to hold on because the sale price will only go one way.

If anything we should see some more action now.

laughtersassassin

Well atleast there is some movement again.

Don't care what happens now as long as we end up with a new majority owner

Woziak

It seems like, the Glazers were told by Sir Jim to hold off making a decision, earlier in the summer, he would try to resolve the minority share holder problem.

He has now secured more money to buy out the A class group.

Glazers would always been happy to hold on because the sale price will only go one way.

If anything we should see some more action now.
All that happens now is that SJ either ups his bid or he walks away……the next 7-10 days will be interesting and we might finally get a decision.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

This is the way.

Yorke to Cole

The dates that Sheikh Jassim placed his 4th and 5th bids for the club (after the official Raine's 3 rounds of bids expired) was May 16th that fell on a Tuesday and June 7th that fell on a Wednesday.

The other 3 bids that were deadlines imposed by Raine was 7th February, 24th March and 28th of April. All 3 days fell on a Friday.

Jassim is yet to place any offers on the week days of Monday or Thursday.

Just some light infromation that maybe interesting for people that superstitious.

Strangest Tribe

The dates that Sheikh Jassim placed his 4th and 5th bids for the club (after the official Raine's 3 rounds of bids expired) was May 16th that fell on a Tuesday and June 7th that fell on a Wednesday.

The other 3 bids that were deadlines imposed by Raine was 7th February, 24th March and 28th of April. All 3 days fell on a Friday.

Jassim is yet to place any offers on the week days of Monday or Thursday.

Just some light infromation that maybe interesting for people that superstitious.
probably when he gets his giro..

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
As I said, doing stuff over there is more productive. Planes should be flying over each game in Tampa. A mass effort to crowd fund it wouldn’t be an issue.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
So Jimmy is giving his bid a restructure is he? Meaning he's going to try and buy out or give a fair deal to the bigger Class A shareholders but not to the others? (At least thats what i got the impression of?) How would that work? Wouldn't he still face issues, and surely that means giving the Glazers some form of control as he's likely going to be paying the 2 who want to stay less?

Of course i have no idea how he plans on doing it as i don't have access to the article, but it's just what i got from the tweet

putzmcgee123

So Jimmy is giving his bid a restructure is he? Meaning he's going to try and buy out or give a fair deal to the bigger Class A shareholders but not to the others? (At least thats what i got the impression of?) How would that work? Wouldn't he still face issues, and surely that means giving the Glazers some form of control as he's likely going to be paying the 2 who want to stay less?

Of course i have no idea how he plans on doing it as i don't have access to the article, but it's just what i got from the tweet
The article does not even touch upon what the restructuring could look like, which is kind of important because it would be an indication of how likely the proposal would be to satisfy Class A shareholders. We really have not the slightest idea.

One scenario could be that he has found a private equity firm or investment partner of some kind to buy out the Class A shares, and at the same price INEOS buy all the Class B (Glazer) shares. This would most definitely satisfy the Class A shareholders. Such an agreement could actually make sense if INEOS agreed to scrap the dual class share structure and give the minority partner influence in the operations and decision making. No firm would be stupid enough to offer the Glazers such an arrangement, but I think Ratcliffe and INEOS would be a realistic partner for these firms and I think a lot of them would love to own a piece of Man Utd under the right circumstances.

However, another scenario could be that Ratcliffe has devised a more convoluted way to address Class A shareholders, like a tender offer at a discount to the price offered to the Glazers for their shares. Something like that would definitely still lead to lawsuits imo.

Woziak

The article does not even touch upon what the restructuring could look like, which is kind of important because it would be an indication of how likely the proposal would be to satisfy Class A shareholders. We really have not the slightest idea.

One scenario could be that he has found a private equity firm or investment partner of some kind to buy out the Class A shares, and at the same price INEOS buy all the Class B (Glazer) shares. This would most definitely satisfy the Class A shareholders. Such an agreement could actually make sense if INEOS agreed to scrap the dual class share structure and give the minority partner influence in the operations and decision making. No firm would be stupid enough to offer the Glazers such an arrangement, but I think Ratcliffe and INEOS would be a realistic partner for these firms and I think a lot of them would love to own a piece of Man Utd under the right circumstances.

However, another scenario could be that Ratcliffe has devised a more convoluted way to address Class A shareholders, like a tender offer at a discount to the price offered to the Glazers for their shares. Something like that would definitely still lead to lawsuits imo.
Great post this is exactly how I’m seeing it as well, he simply does not have the additional £1.3-1.4 billion pounds that they would want after SJ/92 Reported $35-38 per share offer.

cyberman

I think Qatar would just come back with slightly more for all shares (especially A shares since that seems to be what’s holding this up and have all the power) until Jim and his investors gives up

Hal9000

At least this is some movement on this front. Something is better than nothing.
Isn;t this the 3rd restructure?

Jim spends an age moving around his finances, finally puts in a bid. Glazers/Raine goto Qatar and says "hey Jim put his big up to $6 billion, what about you"... Qatar puts up a bid of "$6.5 billion". Glazers/Raine will then just sit quiet on it, till Jim decides to restructure his bid again. Rinse and repeat till Glazers get there magically number.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Seems to be some confidence returning to the stock now that it seems the minority investor message has reached Ratcliffe.

putzmcgee123

I think Qatar would just come back with slightly more for all shares (especially A shares since that seems to be what’s holding this up and have all the power) until Jim and his investors gives up
That seems the likely scenario to me also, though prior to this, I had written Ratcliffe off entirely. It still greatly depends on exactly how his bid has been restructured, but he is potentially not out of it anymore. Any "restructuring" that does not include paying all Class A shareholders the same price as the Glazers will still lead to lawsuits.

Yorke to Cole

That seems the likely scenario to me also, though prior to this, I had written Ratcliffe off entirely. It still greatly depends on exactly how his bid has been restructured, but he is potentially not out of it anymore. Any "restructuring" that does not include paying all Class A shareholders the same price as the Glazers will still lead to lawsuits.

Do you think the next 10-14 days could be quite significant in terms of progress in offers being made and is this essentially another round of bidding (assuming Jassim comes back in?).

Yorke to Cole

Jim is wasting time and energy, Qatar will outbid him no matter how he restructures his bid.
I am not sure why he thinks he can outbid them.
I do think INEOS has had encouragement from J & A with his previous offer of retaining them as minority investors. However, the threat of legal action from the minority class A shareholders prevented any further discussions.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I long for the day:

Club Sale: everything that you read is wrong and Twitter doubly so (infinite monkeys with typewriters excepted) | SOLD

Yorke to Cole

I long for the day:

Club Sale: everything that you read is wrong and Twitter doubly so (infinite monkeys with typewriters excepted) | SOLD
If another round of offers come in and that is officially reported, then surely the title needs to change?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
If another round of offers come in and that is officially reported, then surely the title needs to change?
I reckon the next update will be a sold one. I don’t think it’ll be a case of bidding again, I think it’ll be done relatively quickly at this point (the actual sale part, we know the rest moves at glacier speed)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I reckon the next update will be a sold one. I don’t think it’ll be a case of bidding again, I think it’ll be done relatively quickly at this point (the actual sale part, we know the rest moves at glacier speed)
Disagree, I reckon this is going to be quite a long process. Ratcliffe is finally “restructuring his bid”. When he’s finished with that and the offer is in, Qatar will edge their bid just ahead. Ratcliffe will look behind the sofa and “restructure his bid” again and Qatar will edge ahead with their next bid. Rinse and repeat.

We’re basically slowly edging towards Ratcliffe’s limit. That could be in a few weeks time but it could be this time next year.

RedDevil@84

Jim is wasting time and energy, Qatar will outbid him no matter how he restructures his bid.
I am not sure why he thinks he can outbid them.
Not if the Glazers want a deal that will get them loads of money and then allow them to linger on. Jim may agree to that. Qatar wanted full sale.

FujiVice

If you are against INOS taking over, you should want Jim to make a high bid. Its the only way to wake up the Sheikh dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.