Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboc7

Not surprised, sounds like INEOS have been negotiating and trying to find a solution whereas Qatari’s just left their bid on table.

Thom Merrilin

Ineos will own 100% of the club eventually. Folk should be happy, but people don't have the patience for that. Being flexible/creative was the order of the day and Qatar were not prepared to bend.
Do we know that? I'll be happy with any result that ends up with the Glazers leaving and the dept paid off. I just haven't read anything that confirms that will actually happen with Ineos.

Appletonred

Terrible news for the club, Glazers staying along with huge debt, and Weghorst type loan deals to come, they care nothing for the club whatsoever, only themselves and grotesque corporate greed.

ddg01

With SJR and the Glazers, the club will only decline further with massively more debt, all be it most probably held against a holding company.

If it happens the club is finished and I won’t be punishing myself any further by trying to back the team. After 30 odd years, including a decade of following them home and away (including Europe away) I never in a million years thought I’d even contemplate this but here we are.

Swedish_Plumber

Qatar off to purchase another English club then? Will we be able to compete against unlimited money from another team even if we do eventually get rid of the Glazers?

I’ve seen solid arguments suggesting that our commercial might means we don’t need to be bankrolled. It just takes us being run better. But are we confident INEOS can provide that leadership? They don’t seem to be doing a good job at Nice and by all reports the men they have in place aren’t football guys either.

DownRiver

Disgusting. Where are all our AMERICAN based Man Utd supports?

You all should be out there protesting, they were always in a bubble over there in the U.S

Ratcliff should just go back to his original offer has he has no competition

Remember the geese

Do we know that? I'll be happy with any result that ends up with the Glazers leaving and the dept paid off. I just haven't read anything that confirms that will actually happen with Ineos.
Reported by James Roades that this was their goal all along. Forced to play the long game though, which Qatar weren't prepared to do. Idiots doubt Roades, but he has a very good source where Ineos are concerned.

arnie_ni

Both good at bad. I didnt want the qataris to own us but I think I wanted the Glazers out more.

arnie_ni

Reported by James Roades that this was their goal all along. Forced to play the long game though, which Qatar weren't prepared to do. Idiots doubt Roades, but he has a very good source where Ineos are concerned.
Link to this please? Or is it in here already

Tinúviel

Fantastic news if we never want to be able to compete again yes. This is the death of United as a top team.

soralapio

From a humanitarian perspective I never wanted the Qataris, but I didn't especially fancy Brexit Jim either. And him buying a minority stake with the Glazers hanging around is the worst of all possible options.

Old Trafford's falling apart, the club is saddled with astronomical amounts of debt and one of the worst, most restrictive structures in the world of professional sport. None of those things are changing. I guess it's the midtable for us then.

James35

This club will continue to be doomed. How does the Ratcliffe potential deal pay off the debt, rebuild the stadium or spend big without going into even more debt. Hate the Glazers so much. They aren’t going anywhere, unfortunately much like the football team they own.

Delano

Wonder which PL club they'll buy instead?

On us, the Glazers are here to stay. This was the only option that was a clean exit.

A minority, or a minority to majority, will be more drawn out and protracted then this process.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
-Can you all you lads who want shiny toys FC feck off and follow someone else.

kaku06

Don’t know what to make of it. I wanted Qatar but always felt like we are being bought by poor Qataris. Real rich Qataris don’t play like that. If they want it. They get it. Not negotiating like me at a shop in the local market.

zenith

If our fans don't vote with their feet, boycott games, don't buy season tickets, don't buy merchandise then there is enough incentive for the glazers to hold on.

We need to have a poison pill to have those thieves leave

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Glad that's happened. We're still left with two pretty shit options, but at least the most shit option is off the table.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Looks like the Sheikh wasn't as seriously invested in us as we thought

Dazzmondo

Looking at it objectively, this would be an excellent time to buy Spurs if I was Jassim. A London club, performing really well, a great manager already in place. If Jassim buys them, I could see us falling behind all of City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle and maybe Chelsea depending on whether their young players develop in the coming years. Utd falling to the 7th biggest club in England in just over 10 years would be an impressively pathetic achievement.

Perception

Very disappointed with the this news. Brexit Jim at the helm, sigh. Ah well, there's more to life than Football.

Fridge chutney

Glad that's happened. We're still left with two pretty shit options, but at least the most shit option is off the table.
Fully agree. Becoming a sportswashing project was heartbreaking (and a dealbreaker) for many.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
From a humanitarian perspective I never wanted the Qataris, but I didn't especially fancy Brexit Jim either. And him buying a minority stake with the Glazers hanging around is the worst of all possible options.

Old Trafford's falling apart, the club is saddled with astronomical amounts of debt and one of the worst, most restrictive structures in the world of professional sport. None of those things are changing. I guess it's the midtable for us then.
Don't worry to put the facilities right we will be lumbered with an even bigger amount of debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.