Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarstoolProphet

Hopefully Ratcliffe fecks off too with his minority bid. I'd rather the club end up in lower divisions for a fresh restart than keeping the Glazers onboard

L1nk

Anyone expecting Ratcliffe to get full ownership is naive. Glazers just taking his money so we have enough to keep the club running. They'll never sell enough that he has full ownership (he'll probably die within 10 years anyway). Truly think this is a disaster for the club, and many on here don't seem to realise how bad the ramifications are yet.
If Ratcliffe wants the club he’s not going to sign a deal where he only has 25% and then the Glazers in a few years refuse to sell the rest, it will be legally binding. That is if he does want 100%.

cj_sparky

I know some people will rejoice, but I don't want the Glazer family to stay in any capacity and I cannot see Sir Jim having the kind of staggered buy out people expect let alone any real input.

Same old shit incompetence to remain.

Telsim

They haven't made it yet.
You very well know they have, or they wouldn't have rejected Qatar's bid. It's just a matter of time before it's made official. Or do you suggest they will also reject Rаtсliffe and end up not selling anything? Could be, but I doubt it. They will make 1.5 billion and not have to give anything away. It's the perfect deal.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not that I had any terrible affinity for quatari bid but I admit that the news has deflated me a little, I don’t see a plan that enables the glazers to stay on being one that takes the club forward
I share the same feeling. If Jim fully buys out the club then I can go with it, but I can't get on-board with the Glazers keeping full control.

Woziak

SJ has offered $7 billion to the Glazers which is £5.8 billion plus the debt £1 billion plus another £1.25 billion in investments in stadiums, squad etc plus then buying the 31% class A shares. Let that sink in and they’ve said no !!!!

He should walk away buy another club and embarrass united again, Sir Jim needs to make money available immediately and explain why he’s potentially fecked a club he’s suppose to support. The Glazers now must realise they really can’t step foot in old Trafford ever again, the hatred will be intense on a whole new level !

putzmcgee123

I hope we get an official announcement on Monday confirming the INEOS agreement at least. Cannot take any more of this shite. Praying that there is some kind of binding agreement for them to buy the whole thing within a few years, but seriously doubt it based on the wording in the Bloomberg article. Will be interesting to see how they justify rejecting Jassim's offer otherwise, because the funds and other Class A shareholders would have all gotten a massive premium now.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I’ll be honest I’m not really invested in the club if the Glazers are staying

arnie_ni

Not that I had any terrible affinity for quatari bid but I admit that the news has deflated me a little, I don’t see a plan that enables the glazers to stay on being one that takes the club forward
My conflict as well. I didnt want to be owned by them but it's hit me different that I anticipated because reality has set in we are still owned by the Glazers.

PlayerOne

People happy with this news must have loved the last 10 years because there is a lot of more of that to come.

Let's all celebrate!

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I know some people will rejoice, but I don't want the Glazer family to stay in any capacity and I cannot see Sir Jim having the kind of staggered buy out people expect let alone any real input.

Same old shit incompetence to remain.
Jim isn’t putting up any money without a pathway to owning majority shares and having some input on where his money will be spent. He doesn’t need United as an investment and he certainly isn’t here for a passive investor status.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Wise from Jassim, very wise.

The process has long been an obvious farce and he’s smart to leave the Glazers and Ratcliffe to manage the convoluted shambles they’ve created.

I feel this will be a watershed moment for Utd as a club - one that is referred back to very often, much like the Moyes appointment, but far bigger.

For the Utd fans that didn’t want Jassim, they got exactly what they wanted and now we all see how that pans out.

Have a feeling things are gonna get VERY Rocky for the Glazers from here on!

Popcorn at the ready!

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I wanted a full sale and didn't really care who buys us.
This is the worst case scenario as it gives the Glazers the investment they need and keeps them in control. This takeover was my light at the end of the tunnel but this really is the final nail in the coffin for us as a top club.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
SJ has offered $7 billion to the Glazers which is £5.8 billion plus the debt £1 billion plus another £1.25 billion in investments in stadiums, squad etc plus then buying the 31% class A shares. Let that sink in and they’ve said no !!!!

He should walk away buy another club and embarrass united again, Sir Jim needs to make money available immediately and explain why he’s potentially fecked a club he’s suppose to support. The Glazers now must realise they really can’t step foot in old Trafford ever again, the hatred will be intense on a whole new level !
It’s utterly mind boggling

Amir

Forgive me about not crying about United not being owned by Qatar or any Qatari entity, especially now.

There are tons of Israeli United supporters angry at the club over the weak - PL driven - response to the mass killing by Hamas and talk about walking away fro United. A Qatari ownership would be the final nail for them.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
People happy with this news must have loved the last 10 years because there is a lot of more of that to come.

Let's all celebrate!
Oh yeah, there's no other reason. We've just loved the last 10 years.

Steve Bruce

Well that moves things forward a bit. I'd prefer a full takeover but I just want what ever is going to happen to happen and then we can see where we are going.

I'm not going to lie, I wanted Qatar but in the end I just want things to be settled one way or another as its all out of our control anyway

gaffs

Don't know why some of you are so upset. If Qatar wanted the club then they would have got the deal done. They didn't.
I bit unfair to say. Even the uber rich have a price.

5billion was already a stretch for a football club in debt.

But it is strange that they were not willing to bend a little and allow Avram and Joel to stay as minority shareholders, if that is what we believe that want.

TsuWave

Because they continuously offered underneath the valuation of the Glazers, as absurd as their valuation was. It’s not like Qatar couldn‘t afford it
Ah right, so you guys believe they should just pay whatever ridiculous valuation the Glazers have, "if they want it" - despite the fact that their bid was already way above what the club is actually worth. Fair enough :lol:

clarkydaz

The process has long been an obvious farce and he’s smart to leave the Glazers and Ratcliffe to manage the convoluted shambles they’ve created.
I feel this will be a watershed moment for Utd as a club - one that is referred back to very often, much like the Moyes appointment, but far bigger.
For the Utd fans that didn’t want Jassim, they got exactly what they wanted and now we all see how that pans out.
Have a feeling things are gonna get VERY Rocky for the Glazers from here on!

Popcorn at the ready!
whats going to be different?

PlayerOne

As if they care about a few boos.

ElDiabloRojo

Jim is not welcomed. He is a rat.

Club will rot under him.
Yeah. He is coming for his slice of the dividend, nothing else. Another old greedy parasite.

What's needed is an empty stadium on match days, protests causing the closure of the merch shop, boycott everything United, basically shut it down.

But that's never happening so we suck it up and hope a miracle happens.

Or maybe this is all a ploy to force the Glazers to make a final decision.....

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Erm, what?
United is completely soulless and has been since Sir Alex Ferguson retired. It's an American mega-corporation masquerading as a football club that lacks any direction or personality and focuses on flashy signings rather than on-field results to appease shareholders. Unless you think a club that doesn't invest in its iconic stadium, academy or training ground is a soulful club. The United of old is dead and has been for a very long time.

Redfan94

Why would they care about his intention to clear the debt and invest in the team/infrastructure?

You wouldn’t list a car for sale for £4500 and when a buyer turns up and outlays his plans to fit a new spoiler, leather seats and new alloys, then go ahead and take less than you were originally looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.