Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rojofiam

As things currently stand, Manchester United is flat broke. We had to sell Dean Henderson, just to scrape enough money together to LOAN Amrabat.
We had to sell players due to FFP restrictions in order to be able to continue spending. Your example has nothing to with with the club's financial situation.

Marcelinho87

Our performances at the end of last season and this season so far should give him a good idea. Plus our ridiculous transfers. No idea why anyone would need 100 fecking days.
Surely he needs to see it internally and not snippets like we see, there is more to it than on the pitch.

Pronewbie

Peep
We had to sell players due to FFP restrictions in order to be able to continue spending. Your example has nothing to with with the club's financial situation.
Wake up from the glazer propaganda that MSM is helping to propagate. It's very easy for this football club to inject new funds to allow greater ffp freeplay if we really wanted to. Savvy owners could easily inject new funds via corporate dealings and sponsorships for example.

Godfather

I can’t see him making a deal to not become the majority owner, but exactly how and when that happens will be interesting to learn more about.

The success part is not easy to say anything about without short and long plans somewhat revealed.

In the end, SJ could not get the deal done and that’s a not a positive for him. The acquisition of the club was the first big test and it looks like Sir Jim will be the one who comes out on top. If the best way to get the club from the Glazers is not a complete takeover now, but a partial takeover to complete full ownership gradually, then that is the right way imo.
Yeah I mean let's hope for the best. There isn't much more we can do anyway. I just hope it won't take another 5-10 years until he'll get the majority of shares. He's 70 after all...

stevoc

Instead of clearing out the clueless leeches we've gotten another who's bailing out the Glazers. Jim will want to install his own client oligarchy, so we'll see more bloat at the club. This will not fundamentally change the course this club is on.

I can't help but feel that if the Glazers surname were Ghazari they'd have been kicked out a long time ago
, most certainly if they announced this deal.
What does that mean?

arnie_ni

They own all the Class B shares which basically run the club. The class A shares are those listed on the NY stock exchange. Ratcliffe will buy 25% of the shares that matter (B).
Ah. I thought they only owned 67 percent of the class b voting shares which is what that athletic article stated

Marcelinho87

For a supposed boyhood fan Jimmyboy has well and truly fecked us. It almost feels like a final nail in the coffin. The paralysis of the past year has just been extended by a at least a further three of more limbo and more torture because Jimmy Rat won't invest a penny whilst still owning just 25% as that would make his eventual takeover more expensive.

So rather than have the Glazers out we have come out of this with them still in control but 1.8bn richer, no fresh capital for the needed renovations and just added another layer in the decision making process that was already too cumbersome. We are fecked and what hurts more is that its been enabled by someone who pretended to be one of our own.

The next three to five years look like they will be most transformative in football and instead of catching up with the competition we will still be stuck in this never ending Glazer torment. Thanks a lot Jimmy the Rat.
You have absolutely no idea what he will and won't invest and if the price will increase, for all you know they have agreed on a set price of the shares..

Stop posting out pure emotion, it makes you look silly.

Wheato

It absolutely does. If we had generated to cash flow to buy Amrabat, then would could have signed him. The money wasn't there. If INEOS clear the existing debt, then we wave goodbye to the interest payments which have cost the club £760m in the last 17 years. This is money that should have been invested back into the club.

Nogbadthebad

Looking at recent seasons, a better transfer negotiation team would free about 50m a year.
The club is 1 billion pounds in debt.

The training ground and stadium require a minimum of 2 billion just to renovate, never mind new ones.

'£50 million a year.

At that rate we will be debt free and have a stadium competing with the standard of 2023 in 60 years time.

Nogbadthebad

INEOS are potentially investing 1.7bn into the club.
stooges and bring in actual footballing experts to run the football side of the club. This is music to my ears.
That is the thing, they are not. There is no suggestion so far they are investing anything into the club.

The deal involves buying the glazers shares. That money goes to the glazers, not the club.

MiceOnMeth

Why didn't they accept the amazing 6.5 from Jassim if they plan on giving Jim full control in 3 years? Doesn't make sense. What do they see happening in 3 years that will dwarf the 6.5 offered by Jassim? Someone please help me here

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Probably rather than maybe as of now. TBC of course
Indeed TBC only thing we know from an actual reputable source is that Jim has offered for 25% with a path to eventual control not 100% ownership and Avram and Joel do not want to sell their shares

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Good god. State of this.

Bloody hell:

“I'll always love and support my club, but this is arguably the darkest moment for Manchester United since 1958”

MDFC Manager

Why didn't they accept the amazing 6.5 from Jassim if they plan on giving Jim full control in 3 years? Doesn't make sense. What do they see happening in 3 years that will dwarf the 6.5 offered by Jassim? Someone please help me here
Jim will be committing to buy future chunks at progressively higher valuation.

Cassidy

Fans on average are pretty stupid and can't think rationally when it comes to this. Now would be better. Partial takeover with the path to full within 3 years is still a huge step and a big win. It's the takeover of one of the biggest sporting brands in the world. It's gonna take time.
No reputable source has said there will be a path to a full takeover. Sir Jim is aiming for control there will likely be a path to that. That could well possibly mean Joel and Avram staying (which was always their aim) with the rest of the Glazers moving on. I don’t think that will appease all fans.

Cassidy

Is it maybe? I've seen reports that say Ineos will gt full ownership. This is from the Athletic article:

he will let the Glazers continue to play at being masters of the sports industry universe for a bit longer. But he will eventually take that responsibility off them, too.

That implies he will get full ownership.

Also there's this from Ben Jacobs:

25% is also with a view to eventual control of the club. Those close to INEOS insist this is about getting their 'foot in the door'...
I don’t think anywhere has said they will get full ownership. Its a maybe at this point

Nogbadthebad

Again. The question, as alwaya, is where does the money come from for the kind of spend required.

Ineos have averaged around 2 billion euros per year gross profit in the last decade.

That is why they need to borrow to take on even 25% of the club.b They cannot blow a year's profit on a business that makes no money.

So where is the cash coming from, within 3 years as claimed, for the other 75%, or even 26% to get them control, plus the 3 billion for righting off debt and the infrastructure spend?

Von Mistelroum

It's ok to say you are happy that there's no state ownership, but what we're left with is the same thing we've had since the Glazers took over and began milking our club to near-death. Nothing changes with this other than the Glazers get bailed out and get the money they want.

There might be a few false promises, a signing or two to appease the fans, but then it'll be business as normal. Extracting what they can from the bloated corpse of United. In the end, the club will be ruined beyond saving and they will be rich and fat. There'll just be an extra one of them.

Cassidy

Interesting thread, a good read!

I think Sir Jim will get control of the club eventually but I also think Joel and Avram will always be minority share holders and I personally find that unacceptable at this point.

Other issue here is club needs massive investment now (I’m not talking about for transfers). Remains to be seen what the plans are from Ineos and the timeframe.

For now I remain cautious about this proposed deal until we get real details. At present it does not sound the best.

Brightonian

Again. The question, as alwaya, is where does the money come from for the kind of spend required.

Ineos have averaged around 2 billion euros per year gross profit in the last decade.

That is why they need to borrow to take on even 25% of the club.b They cannot blow a year's profit on a business that makes no money.

So where is the cash coming from, within 3 years as claimed, for the other 75%, or even 26% to get them control, plus the 3 billion for righting off debt and the infrastructure spend?
I don't know the answer to this, but the man himself is meant to have a net worth of around £12bil, I think?

And maybe once his foot is in the door he plans to be the lead investor in a consortium?

Norman

I've been reading the forum for close to 10 years, which I really will never understand why United fans argue against each other. That is so weird. Why can't you get yourselves to unite for the one "thing". Almost every day people make fun of Goldbridge or someone else, guys you all want the same thing, for Man United to be successful again. I was at Old Trafford as recently as September - I was really shocked at the state the stadium is in. I sat in the Bobby Charlton Stand and got wet there because it rained that day. I think everyone who reads the forum here, I assume, should know what condition the club is in. I agree that the 25% of SJR is not good for us, regardless we agree that the Glazers should finally sell the club. If I lived in Manchester I would protest every damn game day until the monkeys were gone. Why can't you guys get this right? I live in Hamburg and can't afford this, but any other big club would never get this through in their lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.