Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
If SJR buys a 25% stake in man united I am done with the club I have supported my whole life. I will move on and spend my time with my family instead. No point watching football anymore.

Lemoor

Is it? he got one club relegated. The other is finishing on average between 8th-10th in a 1 club league.

Hes appointed non football personnel at Nice, their summer window last year consisted of Ramsay, Schmeichael and Ross Barkley, their fans want him out
fecking hell, yes it is. He took over a mid-table French club and Swiss club whose longest period in their highest league was 3 fecking years and you legitimately claim that it's worse than what Glazers have done with United.

Woziak

If this deal get approved, this is a deal that gives Sir Jim and Ineos majority in the long term. That much I think most will agree on.

That said, I would not be amazed if the deal had a structure that allowed Sir Jim and Ineos to take over the business in the short term.

The agreement for the remaining shares are not easy for me to say anything about obviously. My bet would be that the Glazers are confident of an upside coming and that the possible upside are part of the deal on the remaining shares.

Will be interesting if we get some more information on this if/when the board approves.
At $46 per share all of the board are agreeing this deal.

Zora

If Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE buys a 25% stake in man united I am done with the club I have supported my whole life. I will move on and spend my time with my family instead. No point watching football anymore.
You support Oviedo anyway, so you’ll be fine.

Remember the geese

Firstly, it's Ineos who's buying the stake, not Jim Ratcliffe.

And if you think a corporation is not making an investment with the aim of ultimately making a profit, then I'm sorry ,but I don't have a polite way of calling you deluded.
Sir Jim has set aside around £4B from Ineos towards football operations at United. He is not expecting to profit from that £4B.

TsuWave

Can already see the articles if things go pear-shaped on the pitch - “Sources close to the matter reveal that no unified long-term vision for the team and club are to blame - internal conflict between minority owners Ratcliffe/INEOS and majority owners the Glazer family. XYZ appointed by INEOS to oversee ABC wanted to go this route - however; once it came down to final approval it was blocked by-“

The Athletic are going to eat well for years to come

Woziak

No he won't.

Class B shares are the only ones that matter. He can own every publicly traded class A share in existance, and the glazers will still have complete control of the club.
He must have some type of legal binding agreement that the class B shares he bought eg 25% of their 69% remain Class B and have 10 times the voting rights otherwise he’s a complete mug and Jim Ratcliffe is many things but he’s not a complete mug!

Castia

fecking hell, yes it is. He took over a mid-table French club and Swiss club whose longest period in their highest league was 3 fecking years and you legitimately claim that it's worse than what Glazers have done with United.
The Glazers are scum who have fecked this club beyond belief so yeah I’ll accept I was maybe a little harsh but the point stands, however we look at it his football clubs have been a failure.

Judas

Open to offers
I know it’s great, we get what we all wanted nearly a year ago. Glazers staying with some guy buying 25% of their shares.

Qatar we’re the only offer of a complete change of ownership, turning on fellow fans & claiming ‘people are crying’ because this Ratcliffe deal is shite does what exactly?

Ratcliffe has offered the Glazers what they want & that benefit the club how exactly? Your first sentence sums it up perfectly, if what the Glazers want is money in their pocket & to hang around I’m not sure why you’d be lauding the fact that a prospective buyer wasn’t willing to do this.
Sorry why do you think I like Jim? Where have I said that, or am I just reading your tone totally wrong. Where am I lauding anything? I'm just making a post with my viewpoint. Just seem to be biting at me, when I swear you agreed with my point a few hours ago :lol: this thread is exhausting.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Doesn't help you've got guys like Fabrizio still outlining Jassim's offer. Like a proper 'heres what you could've had'..

This is a daft post by Romano. If Jassim wanted the club that badly, he would have offered what was acceptable. You can't say "you will buy something at any cost" and then refuse to give the owner what they want.

Woziak

If he really has sporting control with his 25% then prove it. Sack the board and get a new structure, and new board members eho can actually run the club. Not yes men like Murtough,if not just shut up.
Totally agree but he can’t sack Joel and Avram, if they are giving him sporting control they would have to resign from the Transfer committee board but the main board.

Piabetic

There was talk that some of the Glazers needed a big chunk of money to pay some loans that were due on other business interests. How true this is, I dont know but it could have been the driving force behind this whole thing. If Jim has now given them that money then I really don't see why there would be a plan for Jim to gain more control in the next five years when the Glazers don't need to. If they really think the club will be actually worth what they were reportedly asking or more in the near future then surely Jim would have to pay even more per share when or if he gets around to it.

He might surprise me, but I am really not expecting much to change at all. The Glazers will continue to take their dividends and I don't see why Jim would pass on that to invest it in the club if his fellow shareholders continue their plan of taking all they can and investing nothing.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

• Sir Jim Ratcliffe will take control of footballing operations in an attempt to remove the Glazers from the firing line in his proposed 25 per cent Manchester United co-ownership deal, Telegraph Sport understands.
  • Under terms close to being agreed by key parties, the controversial American owners would remain at the club but take back seats amid efforts to calm the mood among fans.
  • A clause handing Ratcliffe control of sporting matters also goes some way to explaining why the Ineos owner is willing to pay an estimated £1.35 billion, a significant premium on market valuations, for just a quarter stake.
  • One interested party claims an agreement with Ratcliffe could now be voted by key club figures this week although other insiders said a deal could yet be delayed.
  • Sources on both sides of the deal played down suggestions that a deal had already been done with Ratcliffe. One added that final negotiations could yet “change the dynamic”.
  • However, Ratcliffe has sought assurances that his proposals include “operational control of footballing matters”, a key figure with knowledge of the situation explained.
  • Ratcliffe, whose Ineos firm generates $61 billion (£52 million) in revenue, has lined up financing from banks including Goldman Sachs Group Inc, while JPMorgan Chase & Co., Rothschild & Co. and Bank of America Corp. are among other banks advising or offering capital on a deal.
Well, at least you know those lenders won't collapse like SVB. Thats some upside.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This is a daft post by Romano. If Jassim wanted the club that badly, he would have offered what was acceptable. You can't say "you will buy something at any cost" and then refuse to give the owner what they want.
Jassim side from the beginning said they would not over pay

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I’d imagine this signals the end for Richard Arnold, John Murtough and their various satellites around the club.
I'm very curious to see the direction of Ineos. JC Blanc is now the CEO of Ineos Sport, his network is french and italian but mainly italian.

sglowrider

The Glazers have not been shy of spending money but they've been happy to let incompetent people control it, which includes Murtough and Arnold. Both yes men to the old regime. If somebody who knows what they're doing gets control of that money it might not be the worst thing.
I'm just glad Qatar are out of the running especially after the last week's events.
So Jassim is involved with Hamas? Who knew? Or do you think every arab is guilty as charged?

Sorry, but its just being racist what you had just stated.

Anustart89

For all the reports of Ratcliffe getting immediate sporting control, he'll still have to toe the party line with regards to the Glazers if he wants to acquire the club outright over the next few years. Everyone thinking that Ratcliffe getting "sporting control" with a 25% stake means he's going to come out and say the Glazers have done a shit job and restructure the club are probably wide of the mark.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
For all the reports of Ratcliffe getting immediate sporting control, he'll still have to toe the party line with regards to the Glazers if he wants to acquire the club outright over the next few years. Everyone thinking that Ratcliffe getting "sporting control" with a 25% stake means he's going to come out and say the Glazers have done a shit job and restructure the club are probably wide of the mark.
He does not need to say the Glazers have done a shit job to restructure the sporting side of the club

Matt007a

I’m all for someone coming in and removing Arnold/Murtough/Fletcher etc but until he details who or what he’s replacing them with I’ll reign in any excitement.

It would be nice to replace all of them with a team of people who actually have a history of success in their roles, which none of the current crop have.

Doesn’t necessarily address the other issues within the club, like the stadium and facilities for example.

sglowrider

This has the potential to get very messy.
It would also be an admittance from the Glazers (not that it's needed) that they couldn't care less about the football side of the club. Will Ratcliffe have the power to get rid of Arnold and Murtough and all the other incompetent clowns? I very much doubt it. Nothing about this makes sense. Nightmare scenario really. Ratcliffe is essentially our version of Usmanov, we've completely transitioned into late 00's - 2010's Arsenal.
Would surprise me that halfway through the negotiations with Ratcliffe the Glazers pull out.

What Ratcliffe wants will be impossible for the Glazers to give up ie control, especially for someone who had only invested 25%

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sir Jim has set aside around £4B from Ineos towards football operations at United. He is not expecting to profit from that £4B.
If you seriously believe that, then more power to you mate. Unfortunately, real life doesn't work like that.

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
Jassim side from the beginning said they would not over pay
You can understand why to some extent, there are other clubs in the prem/Europe who will cost a fraction of what Man Utd will do who you can build upto the level of a Man Utd (at least financially) over a 10-20 year project and still have change left over.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
So... From post above thanks to @Woziak.

The mathematics of the sold shares is as follows... Subject to confirmation for sure.

Manchester United total shares 163M.

25% to be sold. That's around 40.75M shares.

1. Price per share $46

2. $1.87M worth of shares to be sold.

3. Glazers have sold

• - 28.25m Class B shares
  • - 1.725m Class A shares

4. Glazers will receive $1.379M for shares sold.

5. Other Class A shareholders will sell 10.78M Shares.

6. Other Class A shareholders will receive $496M for their shares sold.

So Sir Jim was able to offer the Glazers $46 per share while Qataris offered around $34-$36 per share. ( the rumored Double the current share price)

The current Man United share price is around $19/share.

So Jassim is involved with Hamas? Who knew? Or do you think every arab is guilty as charged?

Sorry, but its just being racist what you had just stated.
Jassim's bid was an extension of the Qatari government, the same government who is happily hosting and keeping safe Hamas leadership.

Cut the racism rubbish out.

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
The Glaziers are probably only to happy to give the reins over to someone else, they can just keep taking their dividends for even less effort than today and Sir Jim can become the figure head who becomes the 'face' of the club.

Ultimately I think the Glaziers will let Jim do whatever he needs to do, a successful Man Utd might be able to justify the higher price they want down the line, a weak/failing Man Utd will make the current estimate vastly overinflated and in the end lead to less green in their respective pockets.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
It’s a bit anti-climactic, and it’s not ideal for us as a club or supporters. But at the same time I’m not completely against it at this point in time. The success of this transaction will come down to how well INEOS are able to uproot the sporting side and put the right people in charge, I don’t see the Glazers standing in their way as it’s not their money they are spending. What I am disappointed about with this transaction is that there is still question marks over the level of investment in the infra structure of the club, at this point I’m not sure where the money for that is going to come from other than the money paid to the Glazers for the club, but I’m not convinced that that will be going towards the stadium at this point.
Everything is going to be funded via new debt. New debt that in the long term the club will pay back.

Brophs

The One and Only
If I so much as see anything egg shaped near OT, much less Brailsford’s heavily-waxed bonce, I’ll lose my mind.

GoldanoGraham

A lot about this doesn't make immediate sense to me (and no, I cannot claim to know in much depth how big business works). How might this structured way forward be assumed to plausibly look? And can you explain what likely makes this a mutually attractive approach for both sides, compared to Ratcliffe's former bid?
The Glazers clearly intend to be involved until after the next WC which is primarily being hosted in the US. There will be an expected upside to valuations on premium clubs/shares after this.

Therefore their grubby mitts will be involved with the benefits while now allowing someone else to come in and attempt to repair the outstanding infrastructure and team issues that they have neglected. They won’t be investing any of their money in and will be taking out more as they go along if the value of the brand/club increases.

It’s a good deal for the glazers - otherwise they wouldnt be entertaining it. Pressure now on new investor. Key will be how much control they have and how the leadership structure changes. But as said before - Ineos wouldn’t be doing this either unless they believe that they have a realistic executable plan to achieve change and overall full ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.