Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm buzzing off the news. To think we could be not only no longer be controlled by the Glazers sporting wise in the immediate term, but potentially be rid of them long term by a local guy who made his millions by himself.... Yep, take that all day long.

Everyone else getting their knickers in a twist because they can't look past a big pot of money :lol: the guy is a meme. I'd rather be run like Brighton than PSG/Chelsea any day.
Tbh it's not said enough how basically an AI generated character had 50% of United "fans" (I use that term loosely here) tribally obsessed with the prospect of him taking over.

TrueRed79

Good luck to all True Reds here. This is me signing off from this forum.
I have been Pro-Qatar for a while for a simple fact, demanding results from everyone.
Pogba, Sanchez, Glazers, Jim, Rashford, all cut from the same cloth. Money without accountability.

following United for almost 27 years has been a great joy, I associated myself with this club even living thousands kilometers away.
From last november I saw a bitter truth, tribalism at its peak across every fiber of our society.

I wanted my team to win, best players & best facilities (never had the money to visit, but that was my life time goal to visit Old Trafford) , my team has been at the top of mt. everest of football for generations, unfortunately there's nothing going to change. And taking emotional toll which I cannot take it any more.

Lack of unity on this forum shows what Glazers have done to us. Its been 10 years since our better days, we have been smacked around by our fiercest rivals, yet Jim is the answer. (either get the money or get competency atleast if both are not possible).

My 4 year old has been singing Glory Glory from last 2 years. I hope he succeeds in following his team for his life.

Thank you for everything friends.
Cringe central. Why bother :lol:

L1nk

Well, he already did the unimaginable by cock blocking the oil money. Will take some time to get over that.
The Glazers didn’t want to negotiate a full sale for right now, nor was the money from Qatar particularly credible according to reports. Not only this but there was absolutely nothing stopping Qatar making similar deals with their ‘unlimited wealth’, you really need to stop sounding so bitter.

Remember the geese

Good luck to all True Reds here. This is me signing off from this forum.
I have been Pro-Qatar for a while for a simple fact, demanding results from everyone.
Pogba, Sanchez, Glazers, Jim, Rashford, all cut from the same cloth. Money without accountability.

following United for almost 27 years has been a great joy, I associated myself with this club even living thousands kilometers away.
From last november I saw a bitter truth, tribalism at its peak across every fiber of our society.

I wanted my team to win, best players & best facilities (never had the money to visit, but that was my life time goal to visit Old Trafford) , my team has been at the top of mt. everest of football for generations, unfortunately there's nothing going to change. And taking emotional toll which I cannot take it any more.

Lack of unity on this forum shows what Glazers have done to us. Its been 10 years since our better days, we have been smacked around by our fiercest rivals, yet Jim is the answer. (either get the money or get competency atleast if both are not possible).

My 4 year old has been singing Glory Glory from last 2 years. I hope he succeeds in following his team for his life.

Thank you for everything friends.
There's another side in the city looking to recruit new fans. I think it could work for you.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
We’ve been a soulless club for over a decade now. If anything, Qatari ownership would bring the soul of the club back as the focus would be primarily on the football. Under the glazers we’re just a soulless advertising entity, being used to generate commercial revenue to maximise their dividends. And yes it can get worse than the Glazers, and likely will.
Agreed. Nothing mystical in promoting noodles, whisky, wine, tyres…

wolvored

I was hoping for Qatar, but playing Devils advocate, if Ratcliffe takes over the football side as reported, and puts better people in roles maybe, just maybe, there might be a silver lining on the playing side.

JagUTD

he will, he will make sure the Glazers regret not selling to him
:lol:

You suddenly think the Glazers care about United?

That's before you consider they'll be gone soon.

And as said above, they'd be better kff buying an NFL franchise but they won't because you can't just chuck dollar at it and expect everything to just work. And they know less about the NFL than they do about sealing deals to buy English football clubs :wenger:

tomaldinho1

I was hoping for Qatar, but playing Devils advocate, if Ratcliffe takes over the football side as reported, and puts better people in roles maybe, just maybe, there might be a silver lining on the playing side.
We will see on Thurs the details but assuming Glazer control is diluted & someone with some interest in the football side (who is undeniably an extremely successful business builder) comes in, it is a win.

United will remain a non political asset, that is the main win here, and when we win again things will be all the sweeter.

AFC NimbleThumb

Because it's one man with his company vs a whole-ass nation state. How can you even make that comparison?
I’ll let @Lyng handle this.

Thanks for proving the point though, the mental gymnastics are beyond belief here.
Not to mention how close his company is to the Saudis.
Ineos is about as disgusting as companies can get, so the fact that we have people on here cheering for Jim while trying to play high and mighty towards people who where behind the Qatar bid, is a bit rich.

JagUTD

I actually hope he does go and buy Liverpool because it would be nice to see Liverpool return to their roots, as the plaything of a bitter conservative previously told to feck off by another club :wenger:

AFC NimbleThumb

Is he buying 25% of their shares though? I thought it was a mixture of class A and B from the twats and from the market?
I did ask earlier in the thread & was pointed in the direction of the 69%.

You’ve got me thinking though, if it is a mix of A & B he’ll actually have less of the Glazer % . . .

Tango80

Tbh it's not said enough how basically an AI generated character had 50% of United "fans" (I use that term loosely here) tribally obsessed with the prospect of him taking over.
That was the issue. If you're running in an election, fine. Fire away, bang on about pledged investment and create a dream world for fans where everything is fluffy kittens and rainbows.

Do the owners care about pledged investment that they aren't going to see? No. So who exactly is he trying to sell himself to here? That was naive on Jassims part.

He didn't even really personally engage with the Glazers or Raine during negotiations. Also naive.

It's not really a sign of good ownership if I'm honest.

Ratcliffe was smart in how he bid. Understand what they want out of it, and what you want, and come to a compromise. Listen to the seller. If you want to butter up the fans, do it once you've got control of the asset.

AFC NimbleThumb

There’s a bit of a difference between «only 25% and the Glazers staying on until the end of days» and «initial 25% then full takeover within x years as the yanks are unhappy with current valuations». It’s hardly a no strings attached «please take my money» situation, is it.
All this goes back to the devil being in the detail, we have none so until we do I’d veer away from telling people what this is hardly not.

Melville Red

Doubt they even cared about the implied criticism, they simply don't really care about getting United back to the top and are more concerned with their pockets
And that is why as a last resort I would genuinely love us to get relegated. Now don’t start jumping up and down, just think of the financial income over night that would just plummet.
The top bods at OT not those cnuts in America but just the hands on chaps should have a big meeting with the manager and players and lay out the plan, play well but lose, don’t worry about the contracts you’ll get paid and will be sold once we go down or you can stay on your big contracts. Maybe even go down to league 1.
That will completely feck the yank cnuts just where it hurts, ie their wallets. In other words sabotage the club owners and within three to four years they will be gone gone gone.
Once they have gone United could just start doing what we did under The Doch, ie win, get back to the top.

Drizzle

If you disagree with what I wrote, explain why. Let's keep this thread to United please.

Are they sportswashing projects?
Will the regeneration projects surrounding the stadiums be profitable longterm?
Are they in it for the soul of football?
Is this related to global geopolitics?

Happy to debate that?

Last edited:

That was the issue. If you're running in an election, fine. Fire away, bang on about pledged investment and create a dream world for fans where everything is fluffy kittens and rainbows.

Do the owners care about pledged investment that they aren't going to see? No. So who exactly is he trying to sell himself to here? That was naive on Jassims part.

He didn't even really personally engage with the Glazers or Raine during negotiations. Also naive.

It's not really a sign of good ownership if I'm honest.

Ratcliffe was smart in how he bid. Understand what they want out of it, and what you want, and come to a compromise. Listen to the seller. If you want to butter up the fans, do it once you've got control of the asset.
Because Ratcliffe is a businessman and understands how it works. Jassim is a mouthpiece for a government whose only interest is cleaning their country's image. Beyond promising a shed load of money there wasn't likely to be much more in there. From a purely financial standpoint the Qatari bid was superior but the Glazers obviously wanted to hear something else.

Daengophile

Are we still even a football club?

It feels more like a card in Monopoly

£100 each time we pass "new season"

Loan a few oldies

Sign a few misfits

Play some mediocre footy

Rinse and repeat

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Smart move from the Galzers. Jimmy comes in, hands them 1.4b and takes over running of the football operations and the glazers don't have to spend a penny of their own cash on the infrastructure. Meanwhile they sit back and watch their investment carry on growing and reap the rewards.

OleGunnar20

Of course he can do worse.
He's going to do worse.
Haha, it will take some doing! Jacob Rees Mogg for DOF perhaps will his second favourite labrador running the scouting department.
We’ve been a soulless club for over a decade now. If anything, Qatari ownership would bring the soul of the club back as the focus would be primarily on the football. Under the glazers we’re just a soulless advertising entity, being used to generate commercial revenue to maximise their dividends. And yes it can get worse than the Glazers, and likely will.
Personal opinion of course, but I think oil money would have been worse. No option is ideal. Games fecked with the likes of city floating around for the foreseeable.

Bert_

Well, Raheem Sterling was a big United fan when small and he turned out playing for City, Liverpool and Chelsea
He was a kid and like most would quickly break any bonds to a childhood club if that club didnt want him but another club gave him the chance become a professional player.

Middle age Shiek Jassim has no such excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.