Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelinho87

Seems Jim can do nothing to win on the good old’ Caf - £245m committed before he even steps in the door, from his own money too and that’s £245m more than the fecks already there have ever given.

I say we stop all the doom and the gloom and get behind Jim and usher him from 25% too the 100%

Physical infrastructure? Does that mean stadium?
stadium, training ground, car park… could be any of them.

cyberman

I mean 245m will get us a fresh coat of paint at OT. Is this supposed to be a positive story?
You can’t be serious? If we aren’t knocking down OT then that’s a lot of money for refurbishment.
id like think that’s not the entire budget and it’s on top of what the club should be paying but that’s more of a wait and see

laughtersassassin

Tbf that's quite a lot for a minority investor.

Think that tells us they will likely be majority owners in the next few years.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Seems Jim can do nothing to win on the good old’ Caf - £245m committed before he even steps in the door, from his own money too and that’s £245m more than the fecks already there have ever given.

I say we stop all the doom and the gloom and get behind Jim and usher him from 25% too the 100%
Yeah I really don't get the negativity. To invest £245M of his own money straight away is nothing but positive news and a good sign of things to come.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Mark Kleinman has spoken.

Deal will be finalised this month.
300m for infrastructure.

I think we can now rest knowing where the club is going.

• Sources said on Friday that the £245m investment would be staggered, with the bulk of it being handed to the club by the end of the year.
  • They added that it would be financed by Sir Jim personally and would not add to Manchester United's existing borrowings.
  • Adding together the cost of the stock purchase and the other capital for investment means that Sir Jim will be committing about £1.5bn on day one of his United interest, although that figure could vary depending on the price he ultimately pays for the shares.
  • The deal is expected to be announced within a fortnight, although negotiations between Sir Jim's team and the Glazers are ongoing, meaning that the timetable for an announcement remains subject to change.
  • One source close to the talks said the additional $300m investment would be focused on United's physical infrastructure, and not on addressing deficiencies on the playing side of the club.
Sounds nice but there is no way he's handling over $300m without strings attached when he's only a minority shareholder

Plus that amount is nowhere near enough to sort out OT, 92F were talking about an extra £1bn which is more realistic

Better than nothing though I suppose

putzmcgee123

Mark Kleinman has spoken.

Deal will be finalised this month.
300m for infrastructure.

I think we can now rest knowing where the club is going.

• Sources said on Friday that the £245m investment would be staggered, with the bulk of it being handed to the club by the end of the year.
  • They added that it would be financed by Sir Jim personally and would not add to Manchester United's existing borrowings.
  • Adding together the cost of the stock purchase and the other capital for investment means that Sir Jim will be committing about £1.5bn on day one of his United interest, although that figure could vary depending on the price he ultimately pays for the shares.
  • The deal is expected to be announced within a fortnight, although negotiations between Sir Jim's team and the Glazers are ongoing, meaning that the timetable for an announcement remains subject to change.
  • One source close to the talks said the additional $300m investment would be focused on United's physical infrastructure, and not on addressing deficiencies on the playing side of the club.
Those in denial will continue to disbelieve this even after the deal has been formally announced.

Reddevildans

This could be a step in the right direction. After 20 years of the glazer ownership not putting a single personal penny into the club themselves..Ratcliffe putting some of his personal wealth should be welcomed.

Appletonred

Nowhere near enough tbh, needs 5 times the amount suggested but let's see what happens, there has to be a statement of clarity put out once this is confirmed.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Committing £245m to the club from his personal wealth is only a positive, especially if he's doing that at a point where he only has 25% stake in the club.

Given how often we've seen the braindead "he's just like the Glazers" argument made over recent months, a willingness to put millions of his own money into the club rather than leaching from it would draw an immediate contrast in approach.

However, I would assume the costs of upgrading the facilities will still cost significantly more than that and (as with nearly every other club who upgrade their facilities) will require financing. So I'd be more interested in hearing about plans to finance extensive change rather than the contribution he will make from his own wealth.

Marty1968

I mean 245m will get us a fresh coat of paint at OT. Is this supposed to be a positive story?
If you think that would only give it a fresh coat of paint i'd happily paint it all 10 times over for £245m. In fact I'd happily split it with 244 other CAF members. £1m each - who's in??? :lol:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
What makes you think Ratcliffe will be throwing any money around as a minority owner? Whilst the media is working overtime in selling the need for a footballing structure and INEOS as the pre-planned solution to aid all of Utd's problems, people need to take a step back and look at what is actually happening and more specifically - what is not happening. Fans are no longer asking the important questions surrounding this pending deal - the debt, is it a takeover or investment for the Glazers to stay afloat, infrastructure plans and ambition.

There is no compelling evidence to any of those questions - only answers to questions that might not actually need answering beyond paying lip service to get fans on side of a deal that ultimately keeps the Glazers in charge. As long as that is the case, the direction will always be commercial ambition and not what is ultimately best for Manchester United Football Club which is a clean slate entirely and a full focus on restoring the club to what it was before that family stole it and then push it forward into the 21st Century as the benchmark for others to follow once again. Ratcliffe isn't coming in as a minority investor to clear the debt and pump money in. People are quick to point to the fact that Ratcliffe wouldn't be doing this if it didn't mean ultimate control in the future but forget to ask themselves what the Glazers aim is and if it's not selling the whole club now for £5b+ and £800m of debt clearance then they're not selling to Ratcliffe in a few years from now for anything less than that but significantly more. Why would one of the most successful businessman in the UK sign up to a deal like that? It's far more likely that he's paying a premium to own a piece of one of the biggest clubs in the world and play football manager whilst working with the Glazers to grow the brand so everyone with shares can milk the cow again.
In answer to your question, because journalists have said recently that he wants to sign players in January. It's worth noting though that he is apparently putting £250m in Y1 for infrastructure development. After that is anybody's guess. And I don't disagree with anything you have said but I don't have the answers, we're all in the dark. I'm just commenting on reports about how he wants to get involved with the football side of things.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Those in denial will continue to disbelieve this even after the deal has been formally announced.
I think with Mark news, it's now confirmed. He's the only one who has been absolutely correct in everything and he has definitive numbers when he reports. Now he has even put a date when the deal should be announced.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sounds nice but there is no way he's handling over $300m without strings attached when he's only a minority shareholder

Plus that amount is nowhere near enough to sort out OT, 92F were talking about an extra £1bn which is more realistic

Better than nothing though I suppose
It's only 25% ownership at the moment and the first initial injection. I get he can't throw all the money from day 0 but having a plan to improve it and sticking to that is fine by me.

laughtersassassin

Nowhere near enough tbh, needs 5 times the amount suggested but let's see what happens, there has to be a statement of clarity put out once this is confirmed.
If a minority investor is putting in that much of their own money on day 1 that's a very good sign.

That tells us he is likely very confident he will be majority owners relatively soon.

No one is investing that much money in an asset that they aren't going to own or control.

This is a good sign

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Read the tweets. £245M is to be invested by the end of the year with Ratcliffe pledging to invest more in the future. Keep in mind that he's only buying an initial 25% stake.

Laurencio

£100m should get you a brand new training complex. I think that’s needed first.
Yep, £300M can take you very far as long as you don't spend it all on stadium restructuring.

City' training complex cost £200M, and that is the best in the world. This can only be a positive.

Zora

stadium, training ground, car park… could be any of them.
A year ago, if someone told us SJR was buying into the club with an attempt to turn it around and oust the Glazers, this place would have been fine.

But then Fake Jassim started waving around his fake genitals and everyone got excited.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
What if he spends it all on a statue of himself outside Old Trafford?

And not a good statue either but one that looks more like Steve Buscemi :nervous:

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
£100m should get you a brand new training complex. I think that’s needed first.
Probably this is it, especially with it being reported it's a staggered 300m investment. 150m on training facilities then, 'we shall see where next'

Tom Van Persie

No relation
A year ago, if someone told us Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE was buying into the club with an attempt to turn it around and oust the Glazers, this place would have been fine.

But then Fake Jassim started waving around his fake genitals and everyone got excited.
:lol:

Laurencio

Probably this is it, especially with it being reported it's a staggered 300m investment. 150m on training facilities then, 'we shall see where next'
150M is enough to match City's with the existing standards of Carrington. I'm very excited about this. Great news.

He won't do a stadium investment until he is in full control, that I'm sure of.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
A year ago, if someone told us Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE was buying into the club with an attempt to turn it around and oust the Glazers, this place would have been fine.

This has got to be an autocorect when people type Sheikh Jassim now :lol:

The Irish Connection

Good news.

With so much negativity around the club in the last 6 months I don’t understand how/why people want to see negatives in this.
Way more than the leeches ever did and he’s not even in the door.

I would welcome Paul Mitchell as DoF too. He has good experience, especially compared to Murtough and co, and a record of finding some gems.

Hopefully Ratcliffe can eventually push the leeches out or gain majority ownership and remove their disgusting debt.

strandty

$300m before the end of the year so within the next 8 weeks to get things started then with promised funding in the future too. It’s quite a decent commitment to be fair for a bloke buying 25%, a step in the right direction but more needs to be known about future investment and what on

Status
Not open for further replies.