Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

Cant wait to hear how he's actually bought shares at lower value than Jassim's offer. Confirming yet again that a full club sale was never possible and Ratcliffe is just complicit in propping the Glazers up when they were at their weakest.

MDFC Manager

Cant wait to hear how he's actually bought shares at lower value than Jassim's offer. Confirming yet again that a full club sale was never possible and Ratcliffe is just complicit in propping the Glazers up when they were at their weakest.
Absolutely right

NYSE pre trade price gone to $20

putzmcgee123

They’ll have way more demand to sell than he’s buying though at that price - how do they choose in those instances? Just by who is selling the most?
If/when the tender offer is oversubscribed, it will be allocated proportionally. Hedge Fund ABC won't be able to tender 100% of their shares while Putz McGee gets to tender 0% (assuming Putz had elected to tender his shares).

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Or that people have been chatting shit about the size of Jassim's bid.

MDFC Manager

$33 per share is essentially £4.4bn club valuation, way less than what Jassim offering, for the whole club. Yup, the glazers are staying. 250m investment (if that ever arrives) will probably the only additional thing Jim will invest.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I hope we keep him. The fanbase needs a lightning rod for criticism while everything gets put in place or the new guys will slaughtered straight out of the gate. Although maybe just keeping Darren Fletcher on will be enough.
Yes we can criticise him for not putting forward academy players for the 1st team squad. Makes sense

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
#FakeJassim.

TrueRed79

$33 per share is essentially £4.4bn club valuation, way less than what Jassim offering, for the whole club. Yup, the glazers are staying. 250m investment (if that ever arrives) will probably the only additional thing Jim will invest.
Yeah that guy that nobody ever heard of before the "alleged" bid. Hilarious shit at this stage.

hobbers

Jassim may or may not exist but it seems the bid inflations were all done by Ineos and their stooges in the media.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Jassim may or may not exist but it seems the bid inflations were all done by Ineos and their stooges in the media.
I do understand that some people were against the Sheikh Jassim bid, but suggestions he doesnt exist are simply idiotic

There are multiple articles from reputable sources in the Financial Times, The Athletic etc going into details about his history in various finance roles over the years - obviously some prefer to live in ignorance rather than actually go and do a bit of research

Regarding the size of any bid, I would wait for an official announcement before analysing anything - just like transfer fees and salaries, half of these numbers are just speculation

didz

Yes we can criticise him for not putting forward academy players for the 1st team squad. Makes sense
Somebody in another thread seemed to be under the impression that he was in charge of first team recruitment. I don't know where these ideas come from :lol:

putzmcgee123

$33 per share values the club far less than Jassim's alleged bid. I can't say definitively but I think the most sensible conclusion is that the press were very wrong about the size of the alleged bid.
Most definitely. The numbers bandied about were all over the place depending on the source. Even $33/share for 25% of the club is not consistent with the total figures being reported about this same bid.

I do understand that some people were against the Sheikh Jassim bid, but suggestions he doesnt exist are simply idiotic

There are multiple articles from reputable sources in the Financial Times, The Athletic etc going into details about his history in various finance roles over the years - obviously some prefer to live in ignorance rather than actually go and do a bit of research

Regarding the size of any bid, I would wait for an official announcement before analysing anything - just like transfer fees and salaries, half of these numbers are just speculation
I think this, for the most part, has just been claimed to wind up the people who were Qatar In, and they have done so with pretty remarkable success. If genuine, then yeah it's pure stupidity.

MDFC Manager

$33 per share values the club far less than Jassim's alleged bid. I can't say definitively but I think the most sensible conclusion is that the press were very wrong about the size of the alleged bid.
Ok but I don't agree. He may well have been offering the $38 in an effort to buy the whole thing. Remember, his bid had no flexibility on the amount of stake unlike Jim, so he had to go big on the money part. It's logical that he kept increasing his bid until it was clear the fecking glazers don't want to leave.

MDFC Manager

I think I mentioned this before - Ineos were supposedly buying a 70% stake in Mercedes F1, as per the media. They ended up buying 33% :wenger:

Blood Mage

The only announcement I want now is Arnold and Murtough out and Blanc and Mitchell in, then all of sudden we almost resemble a respectable sporting outfit.

Adisa

Ok but I don't agree. He may well have been offering the $38 in an effort to buy the whole thing. Remember, his bid had no flexibility on the amount of stake unlike Jim, so he had to go big on the money part. It's logical that he kept increasing his bid until it was clear the fecking glazers don't want to leave.
The same press people are believing about Jassim have consistently said SJR’s bid was higher per share.

Andy_Cole

News followed by the announcement of our new sporting structure of:

Darren Fletcher CEO
John Murtough DoF
Dougie Freedman Head Scout

Revan

Assumptionman
If that is to be the case, that we are truly truly fecked. No other man at the club should have more player knowledge than the manager himself imo. By that I don't mean he has to be a live player data center, but ETH has to have that ability to recognize a true talent or not when he sees one, otherwise no point of having him, even the most competent DOF would be obsolete.

Buys like Antony and Onana just reek of him lacking it.
Scouts and especially chief scouts should definitely have much more players knowledge than the manager. After all, their entire job is watching players play, while the manager’s job is mostly preparing tactics and coaching players.

This is precisely the reason why most clubs a long time ago decided that the manager is not in charge of signings. After all, there are not enough hours in a day to be able to do both jobs in a very high level for a single person.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The same press people are believing about Jassim have consistently said SJR’s bid was higher per share.
I think rather people are trusting the details about 92 Foundation’s bids from respected outlets like Reuters / Bloomberg etc.

To suggest these behemoths were reporting detailed stories with false details about a ‘Fake Bidder’ is a very big, very daft claim.

It’s firmly in conspiracy theory territory.

Adisa

I think rather people are trusting the details about 92 Foundation’s bids from respected outlets like Reuters / Bloomberg etc.

To suggest these behemoths were reporting detailed stories with false details about a ‘Fake Bidder’ is a very big, very daft claim.

It’s firmly in conspiracy theory territory.
I haven't said Jassim is not a real person. I am simply talking about the size of the bid. It's clear to me, people got it wrong.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Jassim this, Jassim that, who cares. He couldn't even beat SJR's bid and when the bid wasn't accepted, instead of working with sellers, they were briefing their journalists how they would invest so much money and transform the club.

Too much noise without much content

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Still no timeline or even indication of how full takeover is going to happen?

Seven Seas Sardines

A lot of talk from the papers that multiple people are in the running for DOF my understanding is it’s done and it’s Paul Mitchell.

Don’t believe the 8 weeks thing by the way , usual press hasn’t a clue what they are talking about and haven’t done basic research.

Minority investment doesn’t need the owners and directors test.

As we have seen David Brailsford has been at Carrington already, Arnold is out, Murtough on the way.

Looks like a duck
Acts like a duck
Sounds like a duck

it’s probably a duck
Admire your positivity but I read somewhere that if you buy 25%+ of a club the test is needed. Let's hope it goes quicker and that Murtough is out on his arse as well though, can't wait to get rid of the hierarchy chuckle brothers.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Jassim this, Jassim that, who cares. He couldn't even beat SJR's bid and when the bid wasn't accepted, instead of working with sellers, they were briefing their journalists how they would invest so much money and transform the club.

Too much noise without much content
‘He couldn’t even beat SJR’s bid’, is a very disingenuous way of putting it.

The accurate assessment would be - he wouldn’t stoop to SJR’s level.

There’s a big difference between those two sentences.

Though I agree with the sentiment that Utd fans should not be focussing on 92F’s bids now.

The focus should firmly and solely be upon the Glazers and Ratcliffe coalition, and what they’re going to do to fix Utd, both on the pitch and in the infrastructure of the club, stadium and debt.

That’s all that matters for Utd now.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Jassim simply didn't do everything in his power to purchase the club now or in the future. He should have put less into PR and more into making a deal happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.