Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy_Cole

We do a lot of business with INEOS and their processes are, shall we say, a little weird.

They ‘self-bill’ on a monthly basis, meaning we might have done 10 orders for them but we ‘can’t’ invoice them until THEY allow it! So at the end of each month we get a sheet from them, telling us which jobs (sometimes even which parts of which jobs) they’ll pay for at that particular point!

I wonder if they’ll try similar tactics with other clubs…
Pretty common big business bully tactics to be honest. The big customers self bill, set payment terms etc. all to benefit themselves and squeeze the smaller suppliers.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Will we still be interested in that defender from Nice? I mean would Ratcliffe sign one of his best players for Nice?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Tell us all about it, Brent. We want the truth! :wenger:
Such boomer energy on here but it isn’t a surprise when it comes to new media. Why try to bring people down? It’s been proven time and time again he isn’t a Forest fan, if anyone still believes it they’re just being wilfully ignorant.

Marcelinho87

Even if theirs a chance of them shocking the world and winning their league? He won’t be the difference in us winning big trophies.
No he won't but having United on your CV is undoubtedly bigger than having Farmers League Winner x 1 - In my opinion at least.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
No he won't but having United on your CV is undoubtedly bigger than having Farmers League Winner x 1 - In my opinion at least.
Absolutely. But the original statement wasn’t about what the player wanted… it was about wether Ratcliffe would sign his best players from his other club who have a chance of finishing top 4.

Bert_

Such boomer energy on here but it isn’t a surprise when it comes to new media. Why try to bring people down? It’s been proven time and time again he isn’t a Forest fan, if anyone still believes it they’re just being wilfully ignorant.
None of the "old media" pundits get a pass on here either. They also don't get defended as much as a dude on youtube who provides about as much insight as the matchday threads do on here.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We do a lot of business with INEOS and their processes are, shall we say, a little weird.

They ‘self-bill’ on a monthly basis, meaning we might have done 10 orders for them but we ‘can’t’ invoice them until THEY allow it! So at the end of each month we get a sheet from them, telling us which jobs (sometimes even which parts of which jobs) they’ll pay for at that particular point!

Weird. You see this in some countries in 3rd world nations -- especially those with poor cashflow issues.

Marcus

With the CEO being removed, now movement on ownership is no longer speculative but inevitable.

aganley

Seriously?? :lol:
What a plonker.
Maybe he's not the plonker, but only trying to highlight the fact that the Glazers are pocketing 600 million and are still the majority share holders, after they gave the impression they wanted a full sale, with Jim enabling them to screw the club over even more.

Andy_Cole

It's funny how someone had to pay $1.5bn to come in and sort United's upper level management out. Glazers should be paying someone to do this but are getting paid to get this done. It's actually bizarre if you think about it.

It's like United are held hostage and the kidnappers are getting paid to free United bit by bit.

Offsideagain

2.30 UK time is what you need to keep an eye on. That's when the NYSE opens and if any deals are done, they have to be announced there first. I hope it's this week, but I fear it will just drag on and on whilst the Glazers figure out how to squeeze more money out of Sir Jim.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
I was convinced it would be last week.
Im just waiting for the breaking news from Jacobs et al.

"Noise indicates there will be no announcement this week, still lots to agree and figure out. Anticipation is announcement will now be mid next week or the week after as to not interfere with the Everton game and the key game vs Galatasary in the Champions League, Glazers also keen to avoid thanksgiving"

Then again when that comes round.

In fact it may not be announced till the checks are passed in relation to directors and owners test.

Offsideagain

I used to work for ICI where the terms for payment from customers was the 25th day of the month following the month of invoice i.e. order 1st November, pay 25th December. I've just had a look at Ineos T&C's. Jesus you need to be a Lawyer to get though it all, but I picked out they charge 10% interest from the due date until payment plus 500 Euros for admin costs and losses. No wonder he's a billionaire. ICI were the worst payers in the world by the way. With all these things, you don't have to accept their T&C's and I bet your T&C's state that you don't recognise the sellers/buyers T&C's. They have you by the proverbials.

Flying high

Goldbridge raised over 50k for Marie Curie this weekend gone. :)
Raised? Did he take out a loan? Or did he sucker people into giving him money so he could give it to charity?

Beats selling 'merch', I guess.

And better than pretending to be a United fan so people will watch his fake outrage crap.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
All very well celebrating him going but I would at least wait first to see who is coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.