Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woziak

United aren’t a charity, the amount of employees in meaningless positions at the club are part of the reason we’re such a mess.
Totally agree how many scouts, Medical staff and others in the media do nothing but lick the Glazers ass. Start with MUTV its memberships have been declining for years because no one speaks the truth just to save their job!

Time for complete reset ?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
https://www.imust.org.uk/Blog/Entry/must-respond-to-ineos-announcement-taking-minority-stake-in-mufc

MUST RESPOND TO ANNOUNCEMENT SIR JIM RATCLIFFE TAKING MINORITY STAKE IN MUFC

Mixed feelings amongst fans as new investment offers hope for change, but Glazers ongoing role a cause for serious concern
Fans will be disappointed that the much-heralded review has not immediately resulted in a full sale
Hugely important questions need to be answered before fans will make up their mind
Following the announcement that Sir Jim Ratcliffe is to take a minority shareholding in Manchester United, the Manchester United Supporters Trust (MUST) has released the following statement

“During 18 years of debt, decay and mismanagement, Manchester United fans have loudly and consistently called for change at our Club. When the so-called Strategic Review was announced nearly a year ago, it finally appeared that the sale of the club was on the horizon, potentially bringing the new investment and new direction MUFC so clearly need

“Against that backdrop, fans have very mixed feelings today. We welcome the investment from a boyhood red, Sir Jim Ratcliffe and his INEOS company, but many will wish his ownership stake was greater than the initially rumoured 25%. We note the statements that he and his team will control sporting activities, yet puzzle how any organisation can put its very core business in the hands of a minority shareholder, and how that meaningfully works in practic

“It is now incumbent on the Club’s owners and management to properly explain how this new structure will work, where the new investment will be directed and how it will benefit the team on the field. As the Supporters Trust, we expect to have discussions with the Club management and the INEOS team in the near future to understand their plans, and to put to them the very many questions fans have toda

“Today might – just might – be a step forward for Manchester United after some very difficult years. But with the Glazers still in charge, people should understand that United fans will remain sceptical and wait for the proof in the pudding.”

Chairman Steve

It wouldn’t surprise me if we‘re one of those organisations that has an excessive employee headcount. Didn’t we have like three scouts who all had some slightly different named job title to what the chief scout is? (Bout, Lawlor and Court?)

Yorke to Cole

Totally agree how many scouts, Medical staff and others in the media do nothing but lick the Glazers ass. Start with MUTV its memberships have been declining for years because no one speaks the truth just to save their job!

Time for complete reset ?
That is the attitude that INEOS want to create supposedly. A centre of excellence.

Hope you are well?

Marcelinho87

You don't become billioner by being kind. Just hope that Jim is here for football side not to make more money.
He’s already committed more than he’s likely to get in return over the years, Glazers “only” made £160m ish for dividends - he isn’t here to make money.

leeroyTX

He’s already committed more than he’s likely to get in return over the years, Glazers “only” made £160m ish for dividends - he isn’t here to make money.
Of course he's here to make money...eventually. He understands it's going to take significant investment to get the club to where it needs to be. If/when that happens, it will be profitable. This is the largest club in the world. There's no reason to think he'd come into this without long term goals of being profitable.

Matt Varnish

Don't know if posted already but Sir Jim Ratcliffe has written an open letter to MUST:

https://www.imust.org.uk/Blog/Entry/open-letter-to-must-from-sir-jim-ratcliffe

Dear MUST,

I wanted to write to you at this time given the critical role of the fans to the future of Manchester United as we recognise our responsibility as custodians of the Club on your behalf.

I believe we can bring sporting success on the pitch to complement the undoubted commercial success that the club has enjoyed. It will require time and patience alongside rigour and the highest level of professional management.

You are ambitious for Manchester United and so are we. There are no guarantees in sport, and change can inevitably take time but we are in it for the long term and together we want to help take Manchester United back to where the club belongs, at the very top of English, European and World Football. I take that responsibility very seriously.

Please note that, as with any deal, it is subject to the usual regulatory sign-off process and therefore we do not expect to speak publicly about Club matters until after the deal has completed.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe

Chairman of INEOS
I read that, between the lines he's saying "Don't expect miracles overnight"
A lot of fans are going to be disappointed, especially after the the "promises" from the non-existent Sheikh

Rojofiam

Of course he's here to make money...eventually. He understands it's going to take significant investment to get the club to where it needs to be. If/when that happens, it will be profitable. This is the largest club in the world. There's no reason to think he'd come into this without long term goals of being profitable.
Yes, but for that to happen there has to be success on the pitch and significant infrastructural investments as well...and that's what we want, isn't it?

The yearly dividends are an irrelevant amount of money for him. This is why the "another leech" and "7th Glazer" nicknames make no sense.

Last edited:

Chairman Steve

Ratcliffe is mainly in this for personal legacy and enhancing his companies reputation through sporting excellence.

He is our Jack Walker or John Hall in that personal legacy vein, where he’s a self made billionaire who bought his boyhood football club because making them successful is lot more exciting than being remembered as a steel magnate or a property magnate (Walker and Hall respectively) and people will remember you more fondly for it.

leeroyTX

Yes, but for that to happen there has to be success on the pitch and significant infrastructural investments as well...and that's what we want, isn't it?

The yearly dividend's are an irrelevant amount of money for him. This is why the "another leech" and "7th Glazer" nicknames make no sense.
Completely agree. That's what I'm saying. Going to take time and money to clean up the mess the Glazers have created...made even harder because they're still actually there. I wonder if some part of the deal is that they (the Glazers) can't take dividends for some period of time.

Last edited:

RedorDead21

Ratcliffe is mainly in this for personal legacy and enhancing his companies reputation through sporting excellence.

He is our Jack Walker or John Hall in that personal legacy vein, where he’s a self made billionaire who bought his boyhood football club because making them successful is lot more exciting than being remembered as a steel magnate or a property magnate (Walker and Hall respectively) and people will remember you more fondly for it.
He’s wasted billions building a car company with a product nobody asked for or wants. I wouldn’t pin much hope on his brains getting us anywhere.

Pes6Monster

Don't know if posted already but Sir Jim Ratcliffe has written an open letter to MUST:

https://www.imust.org.uk/Blog/Entry/open-letter-to-must-from-sir-jim-ratcliffe

Dear MUST,

I wanted to write to you at this time given the critical role of the fans to the future of Manchester United as we recognise our responsibility as custodians of the Club on your behalf.

I believe we can bring sporting success on the pitch to complement the undoubted commercial success that the club has enjoyed. It will require time and patience alongside rigour and the highest level of professional management.

You are ambitious for Manchester United and so are we. There are no guarantees in sport, and change can inevitably take time but we are in it for the long term and together we want to help take Manchester United back to where the club belongs, at the very top of English, European and World Football. I take that responsibility very seriously.

Please note that, as with any deal, it is subject to the usual regulatory sign-off process and therefore we do not expect to speak publicly about Club matters until after the deal has completed.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe

Chairman of INEOS
Dear MUST,

I know you clowns backed Qatar and I never forget a slight. Expect your offices to be fracked under.

Yours,

Jim

Rojofiam

Yes the guy who went from growing up in Failsworth to Britain's richest man has shit for brains, this place astounds me most days
Sheikh Jassim, though, who hasn't had to lift a finger his whole life...he must a genius!

The Bloody-Nine

Goblins are known for their trickery and love of mischief. They are typically associated with hoarding treasure.

Gremlins are mischievous entities that cause mayhem. They often sabotage technology.

Glazers are clearly goblins
So what's an elf?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I read that, between the lines he's saying "Don't expect miracles overnight"
A lot of fans are going to be disappointed, especially after the the "promises" from the non-existent Sheikh
Dear MUST,

I know you clowns backed Qatar and I never forget a slight. Expect your offices to be fracked under.

Yours,

Jim
2 daft comments - obviously Sheikh Jassim does exist but irrelevant now anyway and MUST never backed any bid but dont let facts get in the way of agendas

Pes6Monster

2 daft comments - obviously Sheikh Jassim does exist but irrelevant now anyway and MUST never backed any bid but dont let facts get in the way of agendas
It was a take based around how Ratcliffe treats meddlesome unionisation.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
As though they would ever tell him he's getting sacked in 6 weeks :lol:
Not a lot to suggest he's getting sacked (if he turns the form around even more so). He's believed to be admired by INEOS anyway, even if Potter is another candidate they like.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not a lot to suggest he's getting sacked (if he turns the form around even more so). He's believed to be admired by INEOS anyway, even if Potter is another candidate they like.
Turn the form around even more? Is this us in form?

There won't be any talk until Ratcliffe and his guys are in place. They're not going to rock the boat before they're even here.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Newcastle supporters absolutely hated Ashley and were desperate to get in new owners. Then they get the sport washing project and looking at it exclusively in a sporting sense they didn't go out and sign loads of players, they signed a few well selected players but they had a pretty immediate turnaround in performance. Credit to Howe of course, but that team look galvanised. They've obviously been run into the ground this season and are showing the results, but in terms of application they are in a different galaxy to us.

I thought, along with many others, that maybe we'd get the same effect here with Jim Ratcliffe coming into the club and taking over the sporting side, that is, before he has a genuine chance to affect the personnel at the club, but - and this may be kneejerk (0-2 at home to Villa at the time of posting) - that there would be a clearer air of positivity and a sense of purpose, but I now wonder if it may have the complete opposite effect. That most of the players will have imposter syndrome after years of anti-meritocracy has allowed zero accountability to be the norm. That now their number might be up?

If we were starting from scratch - something Jose said would be easier and Rangnick more or less said needed to happen - there is not a single player in our first XI that would be greatly coveted. Some of them are pretty OK for a top 4 side, and some even a bit better than that, but the mentality across the team is poor and the quality is pretty woeful. I suspect most people would bank on Martinez being good enough for a title challenging side's first XI and Shaw if he can stay fit for a bit. But that's it.

Pickle85

@mods is there any chance of autocorrecting 'Brexit Jim'/'Jimmy Brexit' when posted? It's so cringe.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
@mods is there any chance of autocorrecting 'Brexit Jim'/'Jimmy Brexit' when posted? It's so cringe.
I really liked the Sir James Arthur yada yada yada ChemE autocorrect they used to have. Sad they got rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.