Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifted

Current record is SoFi in LA (20 years from 2019, $600m), I'd expect higher for us

But that's only for a new stadium, existing ones (like Nou Camp) can't ask as much as most people just keep using the old name
I think the Crypto.com arena is even higher at $700m over 20 years.

JediSith

I said the same in a different thread too mate, I can see ‘The Ineos Arena’ happening
If Ratcliffe gets it done and INEOS (the company) either fund it somehow or takes on the repayment liability then it’s a good compromise. I’d be wholly against it if INEOS the company didn’t have any financial involvement and just benefited from the naming rights.

davidmichael

If Ratcliffe gets it done and INEOS (the company) either fund it somehow or takes on the repayment liability then it’s a good compromise. I’d be wholly against it if INEOS the company didn’t have any financial involvement and just benefited from the naming rights.
I’d be massively surprised if Ineos have no involvement with United as Ratcliffe and Ineos for most purposes are one and the same BUT as far as the ownership thing it needs to be seen as separate to Nice, this is why Ratcliffe set up Trawler’s Limited.

I’m not 100% sure but I’m 99% sure that Ratcliffe can do building/redevelopment work with loans that go on to Ineos rather than the club or through Trawlers and then Ineos acquire the stadium naming rights, building and redevelopment work isn’t included in FFP or the new FSR so I’m sure Ratcliffe is allowed to do that through Ineos regardless of involvement with Nice as it isn’t a conflict of interests issue.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I’d be massively surprised if Ineos have no involvement with United as Ratcliffe and Ineos for most purposes are one and the same BUT as far as the ownership thing it needs to be seen as separate to Nice, this is why Ratcliffe set up Trawler’s Limited.

I’m not 100% sure but I’m 99% sure that Ratcliffe can do building/redevelopment work with loans that go on to Ineos rather than the club or through Trawlers and then Ineos acquire the stadium naming rights, building and redevelopment work isn’t included in FFP or the new FSR so I’m sure Ratcliffe is allowed to do that through Ineos regardless of involvement with Nice as it isn’t a conflict of interests issue.
If I remember well infrastructure is exempt from FFP

Clubs will be allowed to lose €60m (£53.6m) over a three year period, with an extra €10m (£8.9m) annual loss permitted if the club is deemed to be 'in good financial health'. Expenditure on infrastructure, training facilities and youth development are not included in the FFP formula.06 F

Rojofiam

Apparently, FFP won't be an issue this upcoming summer

Sorry if someone else has posted it already

ColvaleGoa

Ineos must be flabbergasted by the untapped potential of United.

All we need is a little consistent success and we will be a behemoth again. The first steps are going to be the most hardest as we got The might of Oily Citeh and resurgence of Liverpool and Arsenal.But all of this sounds extremely Positive.

bosskeano

All i want to see Sir Jim and his group do is stop over spending on shit players and actually purchase players that the fit what we need and fit the player profile

i would say who the manager wants but makes me a bit gun shy if EtH actually pushed for the likes of Antony, Weghorst, Malacia and Mount

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
All i want to see Sir Jim and his group do is stop over spending on shit players and actually purchase players that the fit what we need and fit the player profile

i would say who the manager wants but makes me a bit gun shy if EtH actually pushed for the likes of Antony, Weghorst, Malacia and Mount
Regardless of who the manager is, "who the manager wants" is an anachronistic approach that we should move away from completely.

hobbers

Having a lot of theoretical money to burn in the summer makes me even more nervous if ETH is still around.

Brobbey and Dumfries anyone?

Chumpsbechumps

Regardless of who the manager is, "who the manager wants" is an anachronistic approach that we should move away from completely.
Exactly

Having a lot of theoretical money to burn in the summer makes me even more nervous if ETH is still around.

Brobbey and Dumfries anyone?
I have a bigger issue/concern with INEOS if they allow ETH to just buy who they want, its an even bigger issue then ETH wanted anybody for any price.

This is the thing many of us keep saying, stop blaming managers for transfers and big contracts, its the club thats responsible for all those things.

bosskeano

but the manager needs to have a say in the matter of player recruitment simply bc he may or may not fit the system and style of play.....what the INEOS guys should hopefully do is look at the squad, find the deficiencies(clearly a partner for Kobe plus another winger/striker along with a CB) and make that priority area to address

then focus on a handful of targets identified by the recruitment staff and get the deals done in a timely manner

cyberman

This is an insane take. A manager should be in sync with the board, if not then that’s on the board if the manager is still there.
It’s 2024, tactics have evolved. If a player isn’t wanted by the manager for whatever reason, be it tactically, personality wise etc then it’s idiotic to make a move for him.
City can afford it but their squad has a good 3/4 players Pep just doesn’t go near, he clearly doesn’t want them at the club and they don’t play,

tomaldinho1

but the manager needs to have a say in the matter of player recruitment simply bc he may or may not fit the system and style of play.....what the INEOS guys should hopefully do is look at the squad, find the deficiencies(clearly a partner for Kobe plus another winger/striker along with a CB) and make that priority area to address

then focus on a handful of targets identified by the recruitment staff and get the deals done in a timely manner
The idea is the manager no longer leads this though, they will have some input on player preferences right at the end but the focus is on the club deciding on the style of play, the scouting team and DoF working on key profiles that fit each role in that style, and then identifying targets after that. I think the manager will have a say but only once the recruitment team have filtered through candidates - in which case, any manager's scope for error is mitigated.

As examples from our recruitment of ETH specific players, what could have happened in an alternate reality:

Antony - likely would not have got past the filter. Good season in Holland but lacking in pace and not a standout player. Add in the fee and it would have never got past a first look.
Licha - maybe one which shows it's not all plain sailing with a DoF, he likely would not have been considered given his height, lack of pace and fee. He's an absolute worldie of a player and this is one ETH got right.
Amrabat - would like to think the scouting team would deem him not good enough.
Onana - I think this one would have still happened, he fits the mould of a modern keeper and his stock was super high. Comparatively the fee wasn't that high either.
Malacia - I think this still has a chance, cheap, squad player at a good age.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
This is an insane take. A manager should be in sync with the board, if not then that’s on the board if the manager is still there.
It’s 2024, tactics have evolved. If a player isn’t wanted by the manager for whatever reason, be it tactically, personality wise etc then it’s idiotic to make a move for him.
City can afford it but their squad has a good 3/4 players Pep just doesn’t go near, he clearly doesn’t want them at the club and they don’t play,
I never said the manager shouldn't have a say. Of course all parties need to be on the same page (otherwise the manager should probably be replaced). The manager shouldn't be the driving force behind recruitment decisions, and definitely shouldn't be indulged on signings.

cyberman

Apparently, FFP won't be an issue this upcoming summer

Sorry if someone else has posted it already
He talks about the stadium here but wasn’t it reported that INEOS could build it and we’ll lease it when it’s done thus keeping it off our books?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Dont forget De Ligt.
De Ligt could be an interesting signing in the right circumstances. He's not very much liked at Bayern so he might be available on a loan with right to buy or a swap with let's say Sancho

bosskeano

The idea is the manager no longer leads this though, they will have some input on player preferences right at the end but the focus is on the club deciding on the style of play, the scouting team and DoF working on key profiles that fit each role in that style, and then identifying targets after that. I think the manager will have a say but only once the recruitment team have filtered through candidates - in which case, any manager's scope for error is mitigated.

As examples from our recruitment of ETH specific players, what could have happened in an alternate reality:

Antony - likely would not have got past the filter. Good season in Holland but lacking in pace and not a standout player. Add in the fee and it would have never got past a first look.
Licha - maybe one which shows it's not all plain sailing with a DoF, he likely would not have been considered given his height, lack of pace and fee. He's an absolute worldie of a player and this is one ETH got right.
Amrabat - would like to think the scouting team would deem him not good enough.
Onana - I think this one would have still happened, he fits the mould of a modern keeper and his stock was super high. Comparatively the fee wasn't that high either.
Malacia - I think this still has a chance, cheap, squad player at a good age.
the club should never decide the style of play...that is squarely on the coach staff. To me, that's when it is up to the scouting team and DoF to identify key players that fit the managers style of play but more so fit in the culture and profile of the club...young, exciting talent...english or not ....and within a reasonable price

tomaldinho1

the club should never decide the style of play...that is squarely on the coach staff. To me, that's when it is up to the scouting team and DoF to identify key players that fit the managers style of play but more so fit in the culture and profile of the club...young, exciting talent...english or not ....and within a reasonable price
I think Ineos will decide high level where we’re heading stylistically and then you pick coaches who fit the style. It avoids the clusterfeck we’ve witness too by from Moyes to LVG to Mou to Ole to ETH

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So it's not even going to be called New Trafford and instead Wembley of the North.
ffs.
People get so caught up with these sorts of phrases. Wembley of the North was clearly used to describe it as being the focal point of football in the north of England. A wonder of the world.

It’s the same as what happened with Woodward describing us as “Disneyland of Football”. The actual quote is “like the adult version of Disneyland”. Klopp was clever to use it as an attack of the club playing on the connotations of a plastic Americanised club but it’s clear to anyone with half a brain the point that Woodward was trying to get across, for kids Disneyland is a mystical place, the pinnacle of excitement. For kids.

feck off Mark :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.