Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkypete

The EFL hate us, I almost guarantee we won't get ratified until the very last day of the 6-8 week window. At which point they will hold off to the next working day before sending back some paperwork that needs to be adjusted or some other nonsense which will then take another 6-8 weeks to ratify.

Mainoonited99

Doesn't make much difference if it's this week, next week or at the end of March. Ineos know what and who they want, soon as it's done they'll adopt a move fast and break things approach. #21 here we come.

AndySmith1990

The EFL hate us, I almost guarantee we won't get ratified until the very last day of the 6-8 week window. At which point they will hold off to the next working day before sending back some paperwork that needs to be adjusted or some other nonsense which will then take another 6-8 weeks to ratify.
Is there anyone who doesn't hate us? What's with the rawk victim complex that's infested the forum this season?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Huh? Why would the EFL have any jurisdiction over United?

Grande

I don’t think you deserve to be hated just because your name is stnkypete. Can’t vouch for the others, though

Yukon Devil

MEN has posted a story saying the deadline for the deal to be completed has just been extended from midnight Eastern Standard Time on February 14th, to midnight on February 17th. So they must know that the approval from the league isn't happening in the next couple of days, but is very likely to happen before the 17th in 5 days. Otherwise they'd have extended the deadline further, one would assume.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c.../manchester-united-sir-jim-ratcliffe-28620305

Yukon Devil

MEN has posted a story saying the deadline for the deal to be completed has just been extended from midnight Eastern Standard Time on February 14th, to midnight on February 17th. So they must know that the approval from the league isn't happening in the next couple of days, but is very likely to happen before the 17th in 5 days. Otherwise they'd have extended the deadline further, one would assume.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c.../manchester-united-sir-jim-ratcliffe-28620305
Looking at the text of the SEC filing, it looks like it's actually what I would consider to be midnight on the 16th.

" On February 12, 2024, the Offerors extended the expiration date of the Offer to one minute after 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on February 16, 2024, unless extended or earlier terminated, in either case pursuant to the terms of the Transaction Agreement. The Offer was previously scheduled to expire at one minute after 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on February 13, 2024."

https://otp.tools.investis.com/clie...&FilingId=17259342&CIK=0001549107&Index=10000

Last edited:

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Tender offer runs out Midnight tomorrow , so the deal has been extended by 3 days, there’s an allowance of up to 10 days so they seem
Confident it will get done before the end of the week but my god what a pathetic process.

croadyman

Tender offer runs out Midnight tomorrow , so the deal has been extended by 3 days, there’s an allowance of up to 10 days so they seem
Confident it will get done before the end of the week but my god what a pathetic process.
So take it that tweet above from SEC Filing has jumped the gun on the approval from league

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
it’s one impressive smokescreen from qatar. can’t wait to see what they’re capable of once they get in.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
So take it that tweet above from SEC Filing has jumped the gun on the approval from league
No its correct, its just confirmed from the league perspective and most likely a trivial review from the FA.
I think its a new process literally just passed (could be wrong) in terms of the stricter owners and directors tests.

FA approval should be quick but not sure as its pretty new.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24

• Sir Jim Ratcliffe has received Premier League directors and owners’ test approval for his 25 per cent purchase of Manchester United.
  • A deal will be completed within days as the Football Association signs off a final agreement after Ratcliffe extended his purchase offer until the end of this week.
  • United’s Class A shares rose more than six per cent to $21 (£16.57) in post-market trading after the tender offer deadline was extended to Friday from Tuesday.
  • Club filings to the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) overnight confirm the league has privately approved the deal. A Premier League statement confirming the decision is only expected once Ratcliffe completes, however, which is likely next week.
  • The Ratcliffe deal is now all-but-done after an extraordinary saga which saw the Glazers first start exploring a sale in Nov 2022.
  • A bump in share values overnight erased losses from earlier in the trading day on Monday amid speculation over whether the offer would be extended. In December, Ratcliffe agreed to buy the stake by allowing investors to swap about one-quarter of their Class A stock holdings for $33 per share, well above the current market price.
  • As of the close of Friday, 19.4 million shares had been validly tendered, according to the regulatory filing – which means Ratcliffe has already passed the threshold to complete his deal.

CallyRed

The FA have always been against us, ever since we pulled out of the fa cup that season

Status
Not open for further replies.