Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

parmenio

I know what you mean, but despite the fact that the Glazers appear to have turned over control of practically everything to Ratcliffe and Brailsford I just can't feel too optimistic as they still hold the purse strings and we still have their debt hanging around our necks, and the debt needs refinancing over the next couple of years which is going to be much more expensive, like the PIK loan days.
Just as well SJR has 4bn in Cash. Soft loan ? Issue more shares? Why you can’t be optimistic when virtually all news is good news at the moment ? I wonder how much cash Ineos are sitting on too?

NWRed

Maybe the Glazer plan to jump ship before the debt needs refinancing and will leave that to SJR to deal with.
If that's the case then they would have accepted the Qatari offer. I'm afraid their actual plan is to refinance the debt on much worse terms and hope that is offset by growth in revenues. If there is an improvement on the pitch they may be able to maintain control, but it will make us less competitative relative to the rest of the PL and in the long term will harm us. We'd probably be better off if Ratcliffe turns out to be incompetent as it would mean the Glazers would be gone in 4 years, but that doesn't look like being the case. We just better hope that we are still able to compete properly at the top of European football with the Glazers leeching off us.

Varun1

So if all these rumours play out, am I right in thinking we're looking at a new structure something along the lines of:

Slow day at work today obviously.
Where does Fletcher fit in? I'd like him to remain at the club, i'd like to think SJR & co have plans for him.

hobbers

Fletcher is getting promoted to head of putting out the cones. Somehow it's missed off that org chart

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
So if all these rumours play out, am I right in thinking we're looking at a new structure something along the lines of:

Slow day at work today obviously.
Ten Hag is insane if he thinks that formation is going to cut it in the PL

cyberman

I’m liking what I’m seeing so far but this multi club shite can get fecked even though it’s a massive advantage for us

diarm

Where does Fletcher fit in? I'd like him to remain at the club, i'd like to think SJR & co have plans for him.
Someone posted earlier about one of Ashworth's tactics being former players being employed as new/young player liaisons, helping introduce them to the club/city/first team and culture of the club. That sounds like an absolutely ideal role for Fletcher and from what I've read, not a million miles off the role we've been using him in already.

diarm

I'm half expecting Ornstein to tweet that we've poached the Liver Bird mascot to be Director of Having Balls Kicked Against his Arse as pre-match entertainment.

laughtersassassin

What's really funny is doing all this and getting good again will only help out financials.

It would have been very easy for the Glazers to have done this years ago and the club would have been in a much better position on and off the pitch.

Literally the only reason they didn't do it seems to be pure laziness and the fact they hired their own people to run a football club. If they truly believed on field performance had no affect on further growth then frankly they are just idiots imo

diarm

What's really funny is doing all this and getting good again will only help out financials.

It would have been very easy for the Glazers to have done this years ago and the club would have been in a much better position on and off the pitch.

Literally the only reason they didn't do it seems to be pure laziness and the fact they hired their own people to run a football club. If they truly believed on field performance had no affect on further growth then frankly they are just idiots imo
I think you have it in one - just bone idled laziness - they want to take the most they can take while putting the least amount of effort in possible. Woodward was their vessel for this for a long time and him and his ego were the true cancer that destroyed the club from the inside out. If they had simply put in the few hours worth of critical thinking needed to put a couple of proper people at the top from the beginning, they could've remained just as hands off, made more money and probably been far less hated, even with all the debt and dividends, than they are today.

saivet

"Senior Role" is quite vague, could the guy from Southampton be out new Director of Football or Head of Recruitment - assuming that Ashworth's role will be Sporting Director.

RedDevil@84

Literally the only reason they didn't do it seems to be pure laziness and the fact they hired their own people to run a football club
I have talked about this before on this forum. The problem with Glazers was that they didn't seem to love football at all. They did not care how bad the club became, as long as they were getting the money. It was a strange situation, which made them shitty owners and even shittier businessmen.

cyberman

Vast injections of cash and a huge rebuild on the field will not, however, be forthcoming. The early view from INEOS's period of observation is that a knock-it-down and start again is not needed.
The group have been enthused by the performance of the team as a whole since their arrival was announced on Christmas Eve and particularly with the likes of Garnacho, Kobbie Mainoo and Rasmus Hojlund. The improvement shown by right-back Diogo Dalot has also caught the eye.
There is an acceptance that certain areas of the squad need strengthening, particularly in attack and defence, and while the intention is to address those needs a vast summer spending spree is not on the cards.

Good? One stay don’t think we need a massive overhaul, just the correct couple of players

Chairman Steve

The more heads in, the better. United is one of the biggest sporting entities in the world. It requires lots of delegation.

You can have Jewell be the recruitment man, Wilcox the development man and Ashworth the man who stitches it all together, with Berrada being the money man.

The first team head coach is then freed from the burden of having to be part of the recruitment man and part of the man who stitches it all together, and he can focus on first team performances and is assisted by those four gentlemen.

Tony247

Odd about him being outside Howe’s inner circle. Seems Newcastle are making the mistake of giving the manager more power than the DoF.
So NU overlooked his potential or Sir Jim overestimating his potential?

BarstoolProphet

So NU overlooked his potential or Sir Jim overestimating his potential?
The latter.

Eddie Howe > Ashworth

But seriously, judging by his work with England alone should be a great cause for optimism for us. With the added bonus of having inside knowledge on how Tony Bloom operates (multi-club ownership, player algorithms etc.).

Brophs

The One and Only
One in the eye for the Ed Woodward haters. It’s taking four or five people to carry out his former duties. The streets won’t forget, Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.