Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWRed

I can’t pretend I knew much about Ineos or Jim Ratcliffe, or that I knew what to expect of them coming in.

But speaking for myself, I was just happy that they weren’t a state. My order of preference was:

1. Absolutely anyone else
2. Keep the Glazers
3. Disband the club
4. Become state owned
Well, frankly, that's fecking insane.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I wonder will they bring in a new head of the women’s department or will they stick with the guy that works alongside murtough

davidmichael

Is Macaulay one of the staff that Potter took to Chelsea with him from Brighton ? With us in for Sam Jewell it definitely looks like Ashworth wants to create a similar set up to the highly successful Brighton structure and set up.

If he also wants to bring in an experienced Head Of Recruitment then that will most likely see Paul Mitchell back in the frame for a role at United as that’s definitely Mitchell’s area of expertise and one he’s been very successful in.

ShinjiNinja26

Is Macaulay one of the staff that Potter took to Chelsea with him from Brighton ? With us in for Sam Jewell it definitely looks like Ashworth wants to create a similar set up to the highly successful Brighton structure and set up.

If he also wants to bring in an experienced Head Of Recruitment then that will most likely see Paul Mitchell back in the frame for a role at United as that’s definitely Mitchell’s area of expertise and one he’s been very successful in.
I think Mitchell has already said he’s not interested.

slavishduke

I wonder will they bring in a new head of the women’s department or will they stick with the guy that works alongside murtough
Polly Bancroft is head of women's football for us, so I dont know how much Andy actually does for the women's team.

golden_blunder

Staff

By all accounts Mitchell is not interested in that role, he wants to explore his options elsewhere

slavishduke

I’d question what he does then because that’s the role he was brought in for
Are you sure? Maybe that was only temporary since Polly was hired 5 months after Andy. On the website it says: "He will provide support to John Murtough, Football Director, in driving the club’s football strategy across the first team, Academy and women’s team."

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Still so confused what role they have earmarked for Wilcox,some suggest it could be Head of Recruitment or Romano is saying co Sporting Director
Maybe he is just leverage when negotiating with NUFC? A year at Man Utd would make him in demand for several clubs at a later point. Maybe even some position at Ineos. Makes sense due to his relationship with the CEO regardless.

golden_blunder

Staff
Are you sure? Maybe that was only temporary since Polly was hired 5 months after Andy. On the website it says: "He will provide support to John Murtough, Football Director, in driving the club’s football strategy across the first team, Academy and women’s team."
I wouldn’t bet any money on it that’s for sure. Was just the impression I got at the time

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

I was laughed at in a previous thread (and they might have a point though cause I really went into detail) when I said that these people would want to hire good people they had previously worked with and they trust. United simply have no time to lose at this point.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
What can Ineos do about this wagebill. What's the acceptable limit?

Gordon Godot

Very good to hear, thankfully not as knee jerk as a lot of our fanbase.
The fan base is not knee jerk, in fact the fans have tolerated too much crap from especially the owners but also managers, whilst becoming apologists for failure. I dont see what INEOS should be 'fond' of ETH, he's done nothing this season to earn that. I expect them to be ruthless in this department once the rest of structure in in place.'

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
The fan base is not knee jerk, in fact the fans have tolerated too much crap from especially the owners but also managers, whilst becoming apologists for failure. I dont see what INEOS should be 'fond' of ETH, he's done nothing this season to earn that. I expect them to be ruthless in this department once the rest of structure in in place.'
Yep, you're exactly one of those I was talking about.

Tony247

Replace half of the team Sir Jim. I am becoming too old to take this hypertension in every fking match.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21

Unsurprising based on all the reports but Craig Hope is very reliable for Newcastle news.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

If those numbers are anywhere near accurate, that's actually shockingly reasonable for us.

The fecking state of a Championship team having a wage bill the same as sides who will probably go deep in the CL, though.

prateik

Surprised we are lower than Liverpool.
Guessing its because of the no CL 25% lower wages thing.
we qualified for the 23-24 CL campaign, but the season before that, the players were on reduced wages.

Historically, we tried to keep it at under 50% of our revenues.. that looks tough now.. but should be around 60-65% tops.. ideally under 60%

Chairman Steve

Apparently it's gonna cost £20m to get him in for the Summer. Worth it?
Personally I’d pay that. One of his biggest strengths is transfer negotiations apparently so he’d make sure we’re not fleeced this summer.

EDIT: Ornstein has added an addendum to his report the past few minutes saying Ashworth is officially on gardening leave now

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Personally I’d pay that. One of his biggest strengths is transfer negotiations apparently so he’d make sure we’re not fleeced this summer.

EDIT: Ornstein has added an addendum to his report the past few minutes saying Ashworth is officially on gardening leave now
Go on then, moneybags

Status
Not open for further replies.