Club World Cup 2019 | Liverpool World Champions

Crustanoid

They must have found SAF’s stash of brown envelopes and Ed in his dithering way was too fixated with noodle sponsors to remember where they were hidden. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
But this luck thing doesn't hold much weight if we're missing chances as well. Using the same logic the opposition is fortunate that we miss chances like in the Leicester/Spurs games.

I do agree that City are a better side than us but it's not like we're playing terribly every single week and deserving to lose all the time. We're a better side than some suggest.
I would argue Monterrey were lucky bastards that we didn't unleash TAA, Mane and Firmino from the start. They were incredibly lucky to be facing a rather shit Lallana, Ox and Shaqiri. Now that's lucky.

Stocar

I do agree that City are a better side than us but it's not like we're playing terribly every single week and deserving to lose all the time. We're a better side than some suggest.
I think everyone recognizes that this Liverpool are genuinely great side, and were playing great football even before they started this winning streak, and when things didn't go their way.

It's not even that odd for a strong and confident team to grind out wins when they're not playing well. But this streak is just too much, and I honestly can't remember anything like it. They're now genuinely outliers in a historical sense when it comes to conjuring wins out of everything and anything.

Now, either Liverpool have found some magical formula for winning, or this is one of the most bizarre sequence of events in a sport that is also known as a funny and strange game.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
On page 2? Al Hilal equalised through Gomis who did his jaguar celebration. I miss that. Gone to penalties with yer man taking it and scoring. :)

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
And Hilal miss their 5th. Down to Mont on the last one now. Keeper taking it. And scores.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
VvD starts. Midfield has Keita, Hendo and Ox. Rest of the team is from top 10 players in the world as usual. +/- :)

TheOx

Supports
Liverpool
This will be a great match.
Flamengo’s three up-front are really good too. Have scored 96 goals amongst them in 2019.

toky_world

Monterrey played with a secondary team. Most starters already left Qatar to prepare Liga MX final. It was great to see they still secured the 3rd place. I havent watched the game yet. I dont know how it played out. But great for the morale in the incoming final against America.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
TAA is not having a good match defensively. They are targeting him down that right side every time.

Wayne's World

Liverpool have been absolute muck in this game so far....

So they will fluke somehow a winner in the 88th minute :rolleyes:

TheOx

Supports
Liverpool
Flamengo have been better so far

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Some really kind numbingly stupid decisions being made on the ball.

MysticRed

Supports
Liverpool
It’s clear Liverpool are the better team here - but that does not mean they will win.

commentators saying flamengo players ‘clever’ or using ‘dark-arts’ when they fall over to win fouls. More like cheating:rolleyes:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Liverpool gone full strength for this game tonight, Taking it a little too serious?
I really do not understand why fans in England underestimate this trophy, which is the pinnacle of the sport?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
This ref is the worst I have seen in a long time.

Keita clearly fouled on edge of the area, no foul.

Hendo pulled down in the penalty area - foul given the other way.

Mane held on the break, foul to flamengo and yellow for mane.

Just the tip of the iceberg too. Utter rubbish.

IrishRedDevil

It’s clear Liverpool are the better team here - but that does not mean they will win.

commentators saying flamengo players ‘clever’ or using ‘dark-arts’ when they fall over to win fouls. More like cheating:rolleyes:
Based on what, exactly?

Tell us which team has more shots, more on target, more possession, more passes, better passing accuracy, less fouls and more corners.

Ban

Boo fekin ho.

kidbob

Just how teams feel about you in the PL week on week. Probably the first proper ref you've seen in a couple of years is all.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus

Expecting Simeone fully doing this both legs in February, I can’t believe he (he!!!) will play the same convoluted but progressive football he is trying right now.