Club's reply to Sevilla's high ticket prices

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Caf.jpg

That's a good plan to compensate the high prices. ManUtd are charging 89 pounds to Sevilla fans and refunding 35 Pounds to travelling ManUtd fans.

p.s: image is too big, not sure how to compress it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent, I like this a lot.

Sets a precedent for the future too.

That's a good plan to compensate the high prices. ManUtd are charging 89 pounds to Sevilla fans and refunding 35 Pounds to travelling ManUtd fans.

p.s: image is too big, not sure how to compress it.

Great idea. Although i would imagine the Sevilla fans would be outraged at their own club.

Excellent, I like this a lot.

Sets a precedent for the future too.

It's mentioned in the mail too, that it should act deterrent to future opponents who increase prices for ManUtd fans.

Good, last few seasons we've been stung by this. Rostov was the one that annoyed me the most.

United take a lot of (fair) criticism for their management of ticketing but this seems a fine move by the club.

Great from the club, not the first time away fans are being fecked over by some shitty clubs 'because it's Manchester United and people will come either way'. Wasn't there same sort of a problem against Midgetland couple of years back?

Fantastic move, especially as most of the 'lesser' teams overcharge our travelling fans. IIRC, Midtjylland overchanged us a ton as well

Sounds good, sucks for Sevilla fans though who were sympathetic towards our fans.

It sucks for Sevilla fans as they thought the price for us was too high as well, but it shows their club doesn't care about them if they don't also refund their travelling fans.

Fantastic move by the club.

Great idea. :drool:

Sucks for the Sevilla fans though, hope they direct their ire in the right direction.

Good thing to help out your fans, a bit questionable to retaliate against Sevilla fans though, isn't it?

Good thing to help out your fans, a bit questionable to retaliate against Sevilla fans though, isn't it?

The gesture is for nothing if you don't have this deterrent to prevent other clubs doing the same to us in the future.

It's Sevilla's fault their fans have been stung, not ours, IMO.

No because this would keep occuring otherwise. Sevilla should now refund their fans. Which has the net effect of charging the correct price anyway

If the club started to subsidise the tickets then every club would take advantage of that.

Great move by the club. For those of you thinking the Sevilla fans are treated unfairly, it’s a pretty black/white situation: ManUtd in this case, goood. Sevilla, baaaad!

I think the objective is to get Sevilla to back down, not sting the fans intentionally.
It´s clear that Utd tried to get the club to lower the prices and that didn´t work.. It´s shit for the fans but this belongs to Sevilla not Utd or the Sevilla fans, by doing this Utd are at least trying to help our fanbase..

Looking forward to Sevilla's reply to this :D

The gesture is for nothing if you don't have this deterrent to prevent other clubs doing the same to us in the future.

It's Sevilla's fault their fans have been stung, not ours, IMO.
Yeah, maybe. I understand the reasoning of deterrence. But I'm not sure, it feels unfair.

First of all, I wouldn't say the gesture would be for nothing, it would be a strong sign of support to and solidarity with your travelling fans in any case. Then, the fact you're subsidizing your fans' tickets is because you deem Sevilla's ticket prices unfair and excessive towards guests. Well, now your ticket prices are unfair und excessive towards guests.

As I said, I understand the logic but in the end, you're taking it out on traveling fans. You're doing the same as Sevilla.

well their fans should be complaining loudly to their own club about this! They have only themselves to blame

Great move from the ticket office

Yeah, maybe. I understand the reasoning of deterrence. But I'm not sure, it feels unfair.

First of all, I wouldn't say the gesture would be for nothing, it would be a strong sign of support to and solidarity with your travelling fans in any case. Then, the fact you're subsidizing your fans' tickets is because you deem Sevilla's ticket prices unfair and excessive towards guests. Well, now your ticket prices are unfair und excessive towards guests.

As I said, I understand the logic but in the end, you're taking it out on traveling fans. You're doing the same as Sevilla.
Absolute nonsense. Sevilla are doing this to Sevilla's fans.

Well, if pressure from United doesn't help, maybe it will if it comes from their own supporters?
I think the objective is to get Sevilla to back down, not sting the fans intentionally.

No because this would keep occuring otherwise. Sevilla should now refund their fans. Which has the net effect of charging the correct price anyway
If the club started to subsidise the tickets then every club would take advantage of that.

I understand that, yes.
Still, not sure if it is the only, or right way, to go about it.

Not really, if the drop their prices we would immediately drop ours too. Just subsidising would give every small club in the future an excuse to charge whatever they want.

Ideally their should be some repurcussions from fifa but if the officials don't do anything, the club has to take matters in their own hands.