Gaming CM 01/02 Hands-Off League - Signups for season 2016-17 Open!

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Whoohoo! Look at me spending big!

Or are fees slowly inflating, like in the real world, and is this peanuts?
2012 Summer Events

@OptimisedRed qualified to play the Club World Cup after winning the UEFA Cup. The tournament will be played in the 2013 Summer, it's the first Caf team to play this.
It's quite often that this tournament isn't held, right? Do you know why's that?

whitbyviking

Convinced after that transfer window I’ll be tootling off back to Div 2. Glazers have got nothing on the rest of my board.

Nearly £2bn is outrageous, got to wonder why all our teams aren’t doing a Roma

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Whoohoo! Look at me spending big!

Or are fees slowly inflating, like in the real world, and is this peanuts?

It's quite often that this tournament isn't held, right? Do you know why's that?
No, fees are pretty stable, it's very rare o have transfers above 30M

I think originally the WC was every 2 years, but it only lasted 2 or 3 editions.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Convinced after that transfer window I’ll be tootling off back to Div 2. Glazers have got nothing on the rest of my board.

Nearly £2bn is outrageous, got to wonder why all our teams aren’t doing a Roma
Reputation, basically. Top players often only go to teams with really high reputation. Because in England so many clubs have basically the same money it will be difficult for someone to dominate and therefore it will be close to impossible to get the level of reputation that clubs that win multiple leagues in a row have.

But it's getting harder for italian clubs to grab all the top players, so as years go by, the kind of domination Roma had will be very hard to repeat.

whitbyviking

Reputation, basically. Top players often only go to teams with really high reputation. Because in England so many clubs have basically the same money it will be difficult for someone to dominate and therefore it will be close to impossible to get the level of reputation that clubs that win multiple leagues in a row have.

But it's getting harder for italian clubs to grab all the top players, so as years go by, the kind of domination Roma had will be very hard to repeat.
Does reputation ever increase?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Does reputation ever increase?
Yes, it changes all the time, depending on results. @nimic for example reached 9999 for a couple of months last season after finishing 2nd and going to the CL quarters. @OptimisedRed also got 9800 when he won the UEFA Cup. Most caf teams L2 and up are between 7000 and 8500 right now, with a few in the PL a little above 9000. Roma, Barcelona and Dortmund have 10000 right now.

K Stand Knut

You haven't bought a player in almost 3 years. You actually have 21 now because you promoted a few academy players. But yeah, without investing there's no way you'll return to the PL.
So the game is just feeling sorry for me and adding regens to make sure I can just turn up and fulfill the fixtures??

My new game plan is to take the lowest placed

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
So the game is just feeling sorry for me and adding regens to make sure I can just turn up and fulfill the fixtures??

My new game plan is to take the lowest placed
Pretty much, although a few of the academy kids are actually pretty decent. You got a very good 18 year old center back but @nimic, @sebsheep and Arsenal are already interested, so it will be difficult to keep him.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
2012-13 FA Trophy

2nd Round

I normally don't post the 2nd round because it's just a formality, but somehow @Anustart89 managed to be knocked out by the amateurs of Crawley Town...

3rd Round

More surprises, @KirkDuyt lost to an amateur club. @Peter van der Gea also out. @spontaneus1 and @Maluco progress to the quarters.

Quarter Finals

The 2 remaining caf teams faced each other, @Maluco beat @spontaneus1 and are now the big favorites to win the whole thing.

Semi Finals

It was harder than expected, but @Maluco eliminated Barnsley and are in the final.

Final

@Maluco won the previous 2 editions of the FA Trophy, would they make it 3 in a row?

Ouch... @Maluco was crushed by Forest Green, a combination of their strikers being on fire and @Maluco's keeper having a 4 rating.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
EFL Trophy 2012-13

North

1st Round

2nd Round

Quarter Finals

Semi Finals

Can @Herman Toothrot go all the way?

North Final

@Herman Toothrot lost away to Boro, would they turn it around at home?

Very unlucky, they are out in penalties

South

1st Round

2nd Round

Quarter Finals

Semi Finals

@Siorac taught Fulham a lesson.

South Final

@Siorac decided the final at home, they will now face Boro in the national final.

National Final

Tough match for @Siorac, their attacking players decided not to show up and Boro took the cup home...

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
League 3 2012-13

8th - 24th

Disappointing season for @VivaObertan and @Dr. Dwayne, they were never really close to the playoff spots, so it's another year in the third division...

Playoff Spots

@anant finished in the playoff spots

Champion and Stats

@oneniltothearsenal are the new League 3 champions! Second title in a row, and now finally in League 2!

Playoff SF

@anant struggled away and lost the first leg...

Would they turn it around?

Sadly not... another defeat and another season in League 3.

Playoff Final

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
League 3 2012-13

8th - 24th

Disappointing season for @VivaObertan and @Dr. Dwayne, they were never really close to the playoff spots, so it's another year in the third division...

Playoff Spots

Champion and Stats

@oneniltothearsenal are the new League 3 champions! Second title in a row, and now finally in League 2!

Playoff SF

Playoff Final

Next year is my year?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
League 3 2012-13

8th - 24th

Playoff Spots

Champion and Stats

Playoff SF

Playoff Final

cheers! finally getting some momentum!

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
League 2 2012-13

7th - 24th

@The Cat was so close to the playoffs but they dropped 7 points in the last 4 matches...

@BenitoSTARR @Siorac @pacifictheme @P-Nut and @WR had quiet seasons.

Playoff Spots

@youngrell @SilentWitness and @Ian Reus will fight for the last promotion spot.

Champion and Stats

@Herman Toothrot are the new League 2 champions! They're finally making up for all the years of heartbreak in the Conference.

Playoff SF

@youngrell beat @SilentWitness at home in the 1st leg

@SilentWitness couldn't get more than a home draw, @youngrell are in the final!

@Ian Reus missed a last minute penalty but still won away.

Let's see if the missed penalty won't come back to haunt him...

:nervous:

It didn't! @Ian Reus are in the final!

Playoff Final

@Ian Reus smashed @youngrell in the final and are finally in League 1!

Siorac

Lost the cup final, mediocre in the league...

this feels familiar.

youngrell

Oooof so close. Can't complain with a Play Off final after promotion but gutted to lose al the same. Crouchy still going strong, shame my goalkeeping department no longer contains VDS and Peruzzi.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
League 1 2012-13

7th - 24th

Playoff Spots

@AbusementPark @altodevil @17 Van der Gouw and @Vidyoyo will go for the last promotion spot

Champion and Stats

@Šjor Bepo are the new League 1 champions! @paulscholes18 are also promoted to the Premier League.

The last round was dramatic, both were tied at the top and bot drew in the last match. @paulscholes18 drew away to @whitbyviking and @Šjor Bepo away to Leicester

Playoff SF

@AbusementPark beat @Vidyoyo in the first leg.

@Vidyoyo won the home match but it was not enough. @AbusementPark are in the final.

@altodevil won at home against @17 Van der Gouw

And also away, they are in the final

Playoff Final

Dramatic afternoon in Wembley, an extra time goal saw @AbusementPark win the playoff final against @altodevil

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Oooof so close. Can't complain with a Play Off final after promotion but gutted to lose al the same. Crouchy still going strong, shame my goalkeeping department no longer contains VDS and Peruzzi.
You had a terrible end to the season, at one point you seemed certain for direct promotion.