Gaming CM 01/02 Hands-Off League - Signups for season 2016-17 Open!

Siorac

@maniak you evil soulless orc! You made me believe the cup was a consolation price for another shite season. I hope you step on a Lego in wet socks.

Also, we're going up!

whitbyviking

Just noticed we seem to love a red card in finals too, first the tinpot cup and then the playoffs.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Good to see that we're back winning the award for lowest attendance, despite being one of the higher scorers in the league. Are the fans not entertained, must be the pies :lol:

Extremely funny that @Peter van der Gea's old manager couldn't get them promoted out of the conference, but has managed to get promotion to League 1 :lol: unless we sacked him after the relegation debacle
You got a new manager

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
@maniak you evil soulless orc! You made me believe the cup was a consolation price for another shite season. I hope you step on a Lego in wet socks.

Also, we're going up!
In League 1 you lose access to the EFL Trophy. Is it really worth it?

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Playing against 10 men for an hour and only managed 2 shots on goal? Obviously my chairman needs to sign some experienced players instead of relying on 16 year olds!

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
@maniak Could you get me John O'Neill's attributes and career history? Must be a club legend for me at this point. Top scorer for what, 7 years in a row?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
League 1 2015-16

Playoffs

@Withnail @Stobzilla and @SilentWitness finished in the playoff spots.

Semi Finals

@SilentWitness beat @Withnail at home

And they got an away draw to make it to the final.

Sadly no details on how 2 players got injured in the same minute. Whatever witchcraft @Stobzilla used, it worked and they won away.

Bristol got their revenge and also injured 2 players in the same minute. But @Stobzilla won the battle and are in the final!

Final

@SilentWitness won the final and they're promoted to the Premier League!

Champion and Stats

@The Boy are the new League 1 champions! After 9 years in League 1 they are finally promoted to the Premier League for the first time!

@WR finished second and they will also have their PL debut next season!

@Ian Reus have basically given up. No new players in 5 years, half the squad is u19...

@Vidyoyo were in the relegation spots since round 18, but miraculously avoided relegation with 3 wins in the final 4 matches.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Playing against 10 men for an hour and only managed 2 shots on goal? Obviously my chairman needs to sign some experienced players instead of relying on 16 year olds!
It's amazing really how you're not relegated. No new players in 6 seasons, only 6 players with a professional contract and 3 of them are 16 or 17.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Joined this experiment late and already promoted to the PL. Didn't realise we had Ashley Cole :lol:

Big times ahead

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
League 1 2015-16

Playoffs

@Withnail @Stobzilla and @SilentWitness finished in the playoff spots.

Semi Finals

@SilentWitness beat @Withnail at home

And they got an away draw to make it to the final.

Sadly no details on how 2 players got injured in the same minute. Whatever witchcraft @Stobzilla used, it worked and they won away.

Bristol got their revenge and also injured 2 players in the same minute. But @Stobzilla won the battle and are in the final!

Final

@SilentWitness won the final and they're promoted to the Premier League!

Champion and Stats

@The Boy are the new League 1 champions! After 9 years in League 1 they are finally promoted to the Premier League for the first time!

@WR finished second and they will also have their PL debut next season!

@Ian Reus have basically given up. No new players in 5 years, half the squad is u19...

@Vidyoyo were in the relegation spots since round 18, but miraculously avoided relegation with 3 wins in the final 4 matches.

How the mighty have fallen: United relegated to D2, and I saw they're joining Liverpool there. It's funny - I would expect all those teams to drop out of the PL eventually, with the infinite wealth we all have. But then dropping into D2 while a whole bunch of teams that never won the PL in the course of this simulation are still in D1 surprises me.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
It's amazing really how you're not relegated. No new players in 6 seasons, only 6 players with a professional contract and 3 of them are 16 or 17.
So basically my club is just as badly run as it was when I nearly got relegated to Conf North/South, but just fluking my way up the leagues? We are improving too, I'll be disappointed if we don't get to the championship next year.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
How the mighty have fallen: United relegated to D2, and I saw they're joining Liverpool there. It's funny - I would expect all those teams to drop out of the PL eventually, with the infinite wealth we all have. But then dropping into D2 while a whole bunch of teams that never won the PL in the course of this simulation are still in D1 surprises me.
Yeah it's odd, only Stoke remains in the PL

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
So basically my club is just as badly run as it was when I nearly got relegated to Conf North/South, but just fluking my way up the leagues? We are improving too, I'll be disappointed if we don't get to the championship next year.
Basically... you academy is keeping you alive but for some reason the AI is not giving contracts to the best players.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
League Cup 2015-16

1st Round

2nd Round

3rd Round

After 3 titles in a row, @nimic was knocked out in the first match...

4th Round

Quarter Finals

Minute 5 was catastrophic for @youngrell, a red card, an injured player and a goal conceded. Ouch. @Samid are through!

@sebsheep crushed @OptimisedRed

@paulscholes18 demolished City with 6 different scorers.

@PSV went to @AbusementPark's ground and knocked them out

Semi Finals

@paulscholes18 beat @PSV in the first leg, but only by 1 goal...

@PSV couldn't turn it around at home, @paulscholes18 are in the final!

@Samid couldn't take advantage of @sebsheep's early red

But they sealed the deal at home, @Samid are in the final!

Final

@paulscholes18 are the new League Cup winners!

This is the first ever League Cup won by @paulscholes18

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Imagine winning a cup because you injure your opponent's main player 10 mins into the final.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Well you know that famous Norwegian saying, the Ball is round and cup is cup.
Lalaaa la-lala - Cup. Is. Cup. Lalaaa la-lala.

Thought that was Austrian though.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
FA Cup 2015-16

1st Round

2nd Round

3rd Round

After 2 consecutive FA Cup trophies, @nimic is out in the first match...

4th Round

5th Round

Quarter Finals

@Vidyoyo's run ended at the hands of Chelsea

@Siorac had good cup runs this season, but he couldn't go past @OptimisedRed

Wembley is just around the corner, @pacifictheme knocked out Watford away.

League Cup winners @paulscholes18 are out, @LARulz is in the semis.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Semi Finals

Drama in Irthinlinghinthinborough, penalties were necessary for @LARulz to beat @pacifictheme and book their presence in Wembley

@OptimisedRed knocked out Chelsea at home and will be in another final 5 years later. Old man Defoe to the rescue.

Final

@LARulz are the new FA Cup winners!

Dramatic final, @OptimisedRed were better but they couldn't finish @LARulz off, even after 50 minutes with one more player. Star player van der Vaart missed the decisive penalty.

LARulz

Get in!!! A trophy and now we are cooking!

Also great to see we beat the winners of the more inferior domestic cup on the way

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Premier League 2015-16

@sebsheep are PL champions for the second year running! That's 3 times in the last 4 seasons!

@OptimisedRed finish second for the 3rd consecutive year...

@nimic qualified for the CL again and @Cheimoon is back to the top 4!

@Big Andy with an excellent debut will get european football, the same for @AbusementPark

@Hephaestus had a very disappointing second half of the season, after being in the CL spots for a long time, they collapsed near the end.

@Šjor Bepo @LARulz @paulscholes18 @Samid @Skizzo @golden_blunder @altodevil and @Herman Toothrot had uninspiring seasons.

@K Stand Knut and @PSV paid for the lack of investment and were relegated to League 1.

@Dan seemed doomed at one point, but a half decent second half to the season guaranteed another PL season.

@K Stand Knut were in the european spots for a bit, but completely collapsed around christmas and never go back up.

@PSV pulled a Derby County and were dead last since matchday 5.

@nimic with 4 players in the top 5 for best rating. Quite impressive, best attack in the league but their defense left them down in many matches. Samba and Torres are not young men anymore, if they don't get nice replacements the top 4 status might be at stake in a couple of seasons.

@sebsheep seems to be the current top force in the league, @OptimisedRed's fans are desperate for the PL trophy, it's 3 consecutive seasons finishing 2nd.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Finishing 3rd with both top scorers and 5 out of the top 7 in average rating is dire. Big Sam has to go!

I also notice that the idiot Premier League players didn't even put Cherno Samba on the Team of the Year bench, despite being top scorer by 10 goals and having a 7.91 average rating.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Finishing 3rd with both top scorers and 5 out of the top 7 in average rating is dire. Big Sam has to go!

I also notice that the idiot Premier League players didn't even put Cherno Samba on the Team of the Year bench, despite being top scorer by 10 goals and having a 7.91 average rating.
Maybe he kicked a cat.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Premier League 2015-16

@sebsheep are PL champions for the second year running! That's 3 times in the last 4 seasons!

@OptimisedRed finish second for the 3rd consecutive year...

@nimic qualified for the CL again and @Cheimoon is back to the top 4!

@Big Andy with an excellent debut will get european football, the same for @AbusementPark

@Hephaestus had a very disappointing second half of the season, after being in the CL spots for a long time, they collapsed near the end.

@Šjor Bepo @LARulz @paulscholes18 @Samid @Skizzo @golden_blunder @altodevil and @Herman Toothrot had uninspiring seasons.

@K Stand Knut and @PSV paid for the lack of investment and were relegated to League 1.

@Dan seemed doomed at one point, but a half decent second half to the season guaranteed another PL season.

@K Stand Knut were in the european spots for a bit, but completely collapsed around christmas and never go back up.

@PSV pulled a Derby County and were dead last since matchday 5.

@nimic with 4 players in the top 5 for best rating. Quite impressive, best attack in the league but their defense left them down in many matches. Samba and Torres are not young men anymore, if they don't get nice replacements the top 4 status might be at stake in a couple of seasons.

@sebsheep seems to be the current top force in the league, @OptimisedRed's fans are desperate for the PL trophy, it's 3 consecutive seasons finishing 2nd.

Back to back :drool:

Not 1 player in toty :lol: