Gaming COD4 (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare) - XB360/PS3/PC

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Yeah, I use the Baratt Sniper Rifle myself, can fire quick successive shots which helps.

I only ever use shotguns on the shipment level, other than that they are pretty useless and piss you off.

I usually go into battle with:

M164A
Desert Eagle
Frag x 3
Stopping Power
Deep Impact

Although I am at level 54 for the 2nd time so I will have to start all over again soon.

And PS3 owners we get our maps in Europe May 1st, US April 24th.
Actually thinking about it I think I might have meant the M14. Which is the one that fires burst rounds? I always get the names mixed up. Repeat fire sniper rifles are for pansy's. R700 with Iron Lungs and Stopping power is where its at

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Actually thinking about it I think I might have meant the M14. Which is the one that fires burst rounds? I always get the names mixed up. Repeat fire sniper rifles are for pansy's. R700 with Iron Lungs and Stopping power is where its at
Yeah the M164A fires burst rounds, the M14 is the second to last weapon you unlock in the Assault Rifle category and the M4 is similar looking to the M164A but is fully automatic.

I'll try your sniper advice next time I'm on;)

SmashedHombre

Yeah the M164A fires burst rounds, the M14 is the second to last weapon you unlock in the Assault Rifle category and the M4 is similar looking to the M164A but is fully automatic.

I'll try your sniper advice next time I'm on;)
It works. One shot kill, anywhere on the body and from pretty much anywhere on the map. Its the most satisfying feeling in the gaming world. It's a must have on the new map creek. M164A, aye thats the one I use. Combine that with the red dot and some blue tiger stripes, and its the best gun on the game

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
It works. One shot kill, anywhere on the body and from pretty much anywhere on the map. Its the most satisfying feeling in the gaming world. It's a must have on the new map creek. M164A, aye thats the one I use. Combine that with the red dot and some blue tiger stripes, and its the best gun on the game
Is creek the best of the new maps?

I very rarely use sniper rifles to be honest, I don't really have the patience for waiting for what seems like hours for a clear target.

SmashedHombre

Is creek the best of the new maps?

I very rarely use sniper rifles to be honest, I don't really have the patience for waiting for what seems like hours for a clear target.
I reckon so, but thats because I like to use the sniper rifle. I play it on S&D anyway so you usually dont have to spend much time waiting, you know everyone is going to be around the targets, especially when it gets to the last 60seconds

Both Chinatown and Broadcast are good for assault rifles though. Most people seem to prefer Broadcast I think

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I reckon so, but thats because I like to use the sniper rifle. I play it on S&D anyway so you usually dont have to spend much time waiting, you know everyone is going to be around the targets, especially when it gets to the last 60seconds

Both Chinatown and Broadcast are good for assault rifles though. Most people seem to prefer Broadcast I think
OK, thanks.

Doubt I'll even buy them though, a certain game comes out a couple of days before the maps which will take over all gaimng time.

SmashedHombre

OK, thanks.

Doubt I'll even buy them though, a certain game comes out a couple of days before the maps which will take over all gaimng time.
Do you have to pay for them on ps3 as well? Yeah GTA comes out the day after my birthday. Spot on

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Do you have to pay for them on ps3 as well? Yeah GTA comes out the day after my birthday. Spot on
I'd imagine so, how much were they on 360? Can't imagine it costing more than £7/£8 though (If that), which isn't bad considering the amount of game-time you could spend on them.

I'll send your birthday card via Fedex, but your present will be personally delivered;)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just going round the maps in split screen to familiarize myself with them before I go online.

Creek is very nice.

pert

Fair enough, 7 quid's feck all really though, worth it for me, I haven't got a clue where i'm going on these new ones feels like a new game.
£7 is quite alot for virtual maps

Bit of a pisstake since you've already paid £45 for the game FFS

3Sixty

So i went to buy the maps today.

I get "Funds cannot be added to the wallet"

Fine feck you, ill use a different card.

"The card information you have entered is not valid"

So shit, maybe i fecked up the card nuber or something, no worries i'll do it again.

"The card information you have entered is not valid"

feck YOU cnuts.

So i'm not buying the maps.

WeasteDevil

The credit card has to be from the same country as the profile you are trying to register it to - and you can only use it on that country's store. For example, I cannot use my Spanish Credit Card to buy stuff off the UK, US, Jap, etc. stores, I would need a valid credit card in those countries to be able to do so.

KanieKaned

The credit card has to be from the same country as the profile you are trying to register it to - and you can only use it on that country's store. For example, I cannot use my Spanish Credit Card to buy stuff off the UK, US, Jap, etc. stores, I would need a valid credit card in those countries to be able to do so.
right so then what about im from Ireland but the card I am using is from the Halifax who have recently opened some branches over here would that cause a problem with Halifax being UK based as such?

3Sixty

Mines a UK card, UK store, thing is i've used both cards before.

WeasteDevil

If you registered at an Irish address, then you should be in the Irish sotre (if there is one) - you can access stores from other countries by registering an account at an address in some skyscraper for example. Maybe the merchant banking service Sony uses is down?

Paddy

paddyf091
I'm quite impressed with the new maps, broadcast especially. For this weekend only you can play a game with just the new maps and get double points for everything, so that should keep the new maps busy. They're overly expensive, but most stuff on PSN is, compare it to guitar hero, which is £4 for 3 new songs. Resistance was £3 for two maps so thats slightly cheaper, but I suppose you pay for the quality with COD

Jacob

What a fecking game this is, I play it on PS3 single player mode.

Absolutely loved the part when you sneak around with the sniper, lurking in the grass, under cars etc.

Ecroyd

Strangely aroused by Lizard King
are you lot all talking about the online things, because i didnt know you could chose what weapon you had.

i really need to buy this game, i had it for a while and compleated itbut had to give it back

Kaos

I dont like Creek, its one of those maps in which you either learn to snipe or you're fecked, abit like Overgrown.