Gaming COD4 (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare) - XB360/PS3/PC

Shotgun raisin

Shotgun raisin

Right, I've just completed it. Excellent game, though the campaign's a little short. I wasn't expecting that extra little level at the end either, but it was fun.

The campaign itself was probably the most intense fps I've played since AVP, which I personally prefer to the likes of Halflife.

All that's left now is to take it online so I can get owned by some spotty 13 year old American. The only thing better than this would be a free donner kebab.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
8 of us went round my mates last night to play cod 4 and get drunk. It was a kind of 4 player split screen with the winner staying on. I came second on the first game due to not knowing the ps3 controls and repeatedly throwing grenades at people who were 3 feet in front of me when I was supposed to be pressing the shoot button. I then won the next 7 games in a row and they banned me from playing :(

Shotgun, did you not think the end movie was a little bit of an anti-climax?

Shotgun raisin

Yeah, it did seem a little pointless showing fuzzy, black and white clips of the most boring level in the game. It felt like an afterthought by the developers rather than a reward to the players; felt a bit let down.

So you managed to beat seven other people? While drunk? On an unfamiliar (though superior) console? Not bad, mate. I'm a bit cack at multiplayer fps games myself. Hats off.

Spoony

The People's President
I've been having a bash on the Mile High Club level on vet. . .specifically the arcade mode. I can get to the stairs, but that;'s it. Anyone completed it(on veteran)? One thing I've noticed on vet mode, is that you have to shoot very quickly.

Spoony

The People's President
That said, I don't use any grenades. May be that's where I'm going wrong. However, I'm not sure you have grenades on the arcade vet mode.

manxmanc

I've started it again on vet, did the first couple of levels, but then haven't had the time to sit and play that long so have decided to leave it until a boring day at uni.

I've currently gone back to Vegas 1 trying to get through that.

Did go to go back to Halo but something has fecked up and keeps sending me back to the menu screen whenever I load my game up, as a result I really can't be bothered to start that again.

Kaos

The different buttons?
Not really, its more due to the pace difference between the game: COD 4 is quick and hectic whereas halo 3 is more slow and strategic - seems difficult to be really good at both games simultaenously.

Ecroyd

Strangely aroused by Lizard King
I've been having a bash on the Mile High Club level on vet. . .specifically the arcade mode. I can get to the stairs, but that;'s it. Anyone completed it(on veteran)? One thing I've noticed on vet mode, is that you have to shoot very quickly.
ive done it on vet, didnt use any grenades either, just keep trying took me a couple of goes

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I forgot how good this game was online:drool:

Not played it for months but I still kick ass at it:D

If anyone is up for a game let me know and I will gladly show you how it is done.

Gaz.

Well-Liked Assman
I forgot how good this game was online:drool:

Not played it for months but I still kick ass at it:D

If anyone is up for a game let me know and I will gladly show you how it is done.
Ive been on it flat out this last week

what level are ye?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Ive been on it flat out this last week

what level are ye?
On my current profile Level 46 (First time round).

My other profile I think I levelled up to 55 once and then got upto around level 30-odd before I created a new profile.

If you're on tonight I'll give you a game. Or we could team up and kick ass.

Lance Uppercut

Why does this keep freezing on the "downloading game settings" window when I go to play online? PS3, for the record.

Lance Uppercut

sounds like your router might be banjo'd

give her a good old reboot
Yes, it seems to work when I reset. However, I have to do that everytime I want to play online. It's a pain in the ass, especially as I like to download things.

Anyone know if there is a permanent solution?

Jacob

What an anti-climax when you reach the top rank. I thought something would happen but I only unlocked a golden deagle pistol.

WeasteDevil

I did indeed. I have a BT Home Hub 2.0.
I wonder what the BT Home Hub is based on? Hmmm! Are you wired or wireless?

For some reason, certain routers can have a spastic with the PS3 unless certain settings are changed, and this especially applies to a certain Linksys one (the one I have actually).

First though, go into your PS3 settings, and get it to do a network test. What is the NAT level?

Lance Uppercut

I wonder what the BT Home Hub is based on? Hmmm! Are you wired or wireless?

For some reason, certain routers can have a spastic with the PS3 unless certain settings are changed, and this especially applies to a certain Linksys one (the one I have actually).

Go into your PS3 settings, and get it to do a network test. What is the NAT level?
Wireless. The NAT type is 2.

Scholesgoals

universal plug n play

he goals of UPnP are to allow devices to connect seamlessly and to simplify the implementation of networks in the home (data sharing, communications, and entertainment) and in corporate environments for simplified installation of computer components. UPnP achieves this by defining and publishing UPnP device control protocols (DCP) built upon open, Internet-based communication standards. A UPnP compatible device from any vendor can dynamically join a network, obtain an IP address, announce its name, convey its capabilities upon request, and learn about the presence and capabilities of other devices. DHCP and DNS servers are optional and are only used if they are available on the network. Devices can leave the network automatically without leaving any unwanted state information behind.

NAT traversal

One solution for NAT (Network Address Translation) traversal, called the Internet Gateway Device (IGD) Protocol, is implemented via UPnP. Many routers and firewalls expose themselves as Internet Gateway Devices, allowing any local UPnP controller to perform a variety of actions, including retrieving the external IP address of the device, enumerate existing port mappings, and adding and removing port mappings. By adding a port mapping, a UPnP controller behind the IGD can enable traversal of the IGD from an external address to an internal client

Lance Uppercut

Basically, you want it turned on, it should be in the system settings
I looked in system settings but I don't see it.

I am currently updating my system, to see if that helps. Since I just bought it I assumed it would be up to date. Guess not.

Lance Uppercut

Well, that did feck all.

EDIT I spoke too soon. It actually connected me without having to reset.

EDIT 2 Restarted the PS3, to try it again. Stuck on the "downloading game settings" screen again. :mad:

Lance Uppercut

You should turn the UPnP off, give the PS3 a static IP in your local range, and stick that IP in the DMZ.
I have managed to disable UPnP. I think I also gave the PS3 a static IP. I have no idea what a DMZ is.

As I said, I have no idea about this type of thing. I had to use Google for the IP thing.

WeasteDevil

For example, my PS3 is on 192.168.1.254, and my PC is on 192.168.1.253. The PS3 is in the DMZ, other prots such as Torrents are forwarded on a case by case basis to the PC. The router gives out dynamic addresses between 192.168.1.50 and 192.168.1.100 I think, which is more than I'll ever need.

WeasteDevil

I don't have a BT Hub, so that's the problem. I could try to help you by looking into it, but that would be searching about.

Does the same problem occur when it's wired? That would be a help to know. Reset the lot and wire it up.

Lance Uppercut

I don't have a BT Hub, so that's the problem. I could try to help you by looking into it, but that would be searching about.

Does the same problem occur when it's wired? That would be a help to know. Reset the lot and wire it up.
I will try that tomorrow. The router is downstairs, while the console is up so it's a bit of an operation.

From what I've seen online, this "downloading game settings" shit seems to be a common problem, on both PS3 and 360.