Gaming COD4 (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare) - XB360/PS3/PC

Lance Uppercut

Ok, here is what I have established. When my laptop is on and I attempt to play online, I get the stupid gay faggot shite "downloading game settings." Then I reset my router and it works fine, as does my laptop.

However, if I try to play online when my laptop is off, it works with no problems. fecked if I know.

Oh, and wired makes no difference.

Lance Uppercut

I have just turned the PS3 on for the first time since Friday (with my laptop already on) and COD4 online is working perfectly. Maybe all that fecking around I did with the static IP and port forwarding actually worked.

Regardless, I appreciate the assistance. :)

Just glad it's working fine now.

Dave89

What do you reckon the price of this will fall to around christmas, with the the release of MW2?

I only play offline though, so what's it like as on offline game? Don't like buying MW2 as I'd be paying a premium for an online mode I wouldn't use.

The Flying Potato

offline is good, but pretty short, if I were you i'd get MW2 as theres not just one campaign you can do, theyve introduced "Spec Ops" which can either be done on your own with friends and apparantly is a completely different experience.....plus if you do ever go online then its bound to be epic

Regarding CoD4. i'd say the price will definately drop by atleast £10-15 around christmas,

Sc40les

Everyone's got COD MW2.

Stop bumping old thread and spamming.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Maybe he hasn't :eek:

A lot of people still play COD4, why is it a problem him asking for a game?!

Sam

I still play COD4 occasionally, I'm very shit though :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I've not touched it since getting MW2, might have to give it a whirl and see how it compares.

Biscuit1871

Don't be silly Weaste. It is very different to COD 4, not to mention the single player campaign.

Biscuit1871

Its very different in what way?

And I never said it should have been added as a map pack, I said as an add-on.
I know it's a forum, but I can't be arsed to debate this. You're blantantly on the WUM. I think Gran Turismo 5 should be an add-on.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Its very different in what way?

And I never said it should have been added as a map pack, I said as an add-on.
Really is a ridiculous comment. In that case every sequel should be and add on.

It has an entirely new single player + Special Ops + 20 odd multi player maps that were not in COD 4. Plus A full new range of kill streaks etc...

Biscuit1871

Ignore him Randall. He knows it doesn't make any sense. As you say, he essentially is saying every sequel should be an 'add-on'.

Claymore

CoD4 is so much better than MW2

Totally agree. COD 4 was just endless fun, even if you put it on now whilst it has much less people you can get some good games, so many classic maps too. MW2 was like WAW, had lots of plus points but just didn't measure up to COD 4.

As soon as you prestiged to where you wanted it was boring. Most maps you get tubed from spawn but now with MW2 you get pre-fired across the map as well. Killstreaks are decent, some really good ideas but they just make people camp even more. Finally the new map packs are poor after a only a few plays, with the fact that the old ones included like Vacant, Overgrown etc being the best ones says it all. Should have put Backlot in though and Pipeline, two of the best maps ever. Storm is probably the best of all the new maps but is a poor mans Pipeline. The connection dropping and hacking didn't help either, much worse on MW2. Also about 80%+ people just round around with commando and Ump45 on most of the game. If you play search & destroy you can guarantee to see someone on your team and theres using silenced UMP.

BF2 is far better once you get into it and give it a chance, just a shame no one hardly talks on it. Not played MW2 for over a month a don't miss it, too many kids acting tough, newb tubes and cheap tactics. BF looks better too and the weapons feel more real, MW2 is like a cartoon compared to it.

Think for Black opps I'll buy it and not prestige at all and if it gets boring as quick as the later ones just sell it. Thing is the leveling up/Prestige has you by the balls and keeps you playing, they know it too. Take that away and it leaves very little.

2x G.N. Sweepstake Winner, Apprentice Winner 2013
Somewhere between a rock and a hard place.
I'm not usually one for games involving stealth and whatnots, but having played the special ops missions with my cousin I have to say that this game is nothing short of amazing.

Biscuit1871

Just installed this on my PC. Never really played FPS on a computer before. What button configuration do you lot use? Just the standard one?

The Flying Potato

I usualy try to keep it all as close together as possible, mouse configuartion I usualy have left click fire, middle button grenade and right click aim down sights/switch to secondary.

Having said that the last time I played an FPS on the PC was like 2002

Biscuit1871

I'm finding it awkward having shift as sprint.

The last FPS I played on the PC was Far Cry and I was probably about 14 then.