Gaming COD4 (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare) - XB360/PS3/PC

Nate

Poached vegetables a speciality
Word up, Nate. Okay, if it's decent enough on 2 meg, I'll see what I can do.

I'm also planning to get a plasma. Panasonic TH-50PZ800 is meant to be the bollocks.

Who's got CoD on RR then? and how crap are they?
The only people who played it a lot were me, Bez, Matty and Magnum.

Mainly me and Bez though.

I've only recetnly gone back to it so i'm far from sharp like I was but I can still rape a few russians and arabs.

I suspect we ould get a few people into a game though if the time was right.

Nate

And on 2mg the game will run fine for you.

Hosting would be a pain possibly but you don't need to do that anyway.

CoD is possibly the most addictive game i've ever had online. Hence me going back to it after months off playing it.

Jacob

Word up, Nate. Okay, if it's decent enough on 2 meg, I'll see what I can do.

I'm also planning to get a plasma. Panasonic TH-50PZ800 is meant to be the bollocks.

Who's got CoD on RR then? and how crap are they?
RR?

Is that Panasonic a plasma? If so, get a LCD.

Edit: Ahh, Red Issue

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Nate you're a feckin addict. I have you added on LIVE and you're total minutes played is about 5 times more than everyone elses

Jacob

I think it's frustrating to play online, at least in the beginning. It's incredibly hard to aim with a joystick if you haven't played shooting games before on PS.

Nate

Nate you're a feckin addict. I have you added on LIVE and you're total minutes played is about 5 times more than everyone elses
Yeah, at first I was.

I was fecking shite at the start and my stats are fecked because of it. Once I got the hang of it I flew through the levels.

Think i'm about 7 now.

I've got a couple of fellas with more use than me on my list. I really should be at level 10 by now based on playing time alone but as I said my start wasn't great.

Spoony

The People's President
Yeah, at first I was.

I was fecking shite at the start and my stats are fecked because of it. Once I got the hang of it I flew through the levels.

Think i'm about 7 now.

I've got a couple of fellas with more use than me on my list. I really should be at level 10 by now based on playing time alone but as I said my start wasn't great.
What are all these levels then? would I be -10 or something?

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Yeah, at first I was.

Think i'm about 7 now.

I never bothered going prestige, think I worked it out as I would be level 4 by now but I really couldn't be fecked. Would rather work towards getting the tiger stripes on each gun. Agreed though that being shit in your first month of playing completely hashes your stats, which is really annoying.

Nate

What are all these levels then? would I be -10 or something?
There are ranks online.

55 ranks per level. Then you can choose to start afresh but lose all the weapons and perks you gain because of it. You can restart up to 10 times and for each time you do it you move up what they call a Prestige level and get a badge by your name which shows where you are on that scale.

I think i'm about a 7.

You get nothing for it but it keeps the game fresh to a point for me. There are fecking loads of extra challenges online, that's what keeps it going.

Nate

I never bothered going prestige, think I worked it out as I would be level 4 by now but I really couldn't be fecked. Would rather work towards getting the tiger stripes on each gun. Agreed though that being shit in your first month of playing completely hashes your stats, which is really annoying.
Yeah I only ever use the guns to get the points then ditch 'em for another one. When I get to the higher ranks I usually settle on two or three setups until I get to 55 again then go through the whole process again.

There are a few weapons I don't tend to bother with while ranking up as I can easily add 600+ points per game on the higher levels.

KanieKaned

Its a cnut but the only thing thats good about it is you actually get forced to use certain guns you'd never touch. Im not a fan of the m16 but now I can use it to some form of effect whereas before I was truly shocking

Spoony

The People's President
Its a cnut but the only thing thats good about it is you actually get forced to use certain guns you'd never touch. Im not a fan of the m16 but now I can use it to some form of effect whereas before I was truly shocking
Does that fire like the AK47 Assault Rife(said in an Ice Cube voice - Check Yo'self)?

Nate

What other games have you played, Nate?

Tried The Orange Box yet?
Yeah i've got it.

Like Portal alot, glad to see there's more of that to come. Couldn't be arsed with Half life as I was addicted to CoD.

Team Fortress was ok.

Nate

Does that fire like the AK47 Assault Rife(said in an Ice Cube voice - Check Yo'self)?
The Ak on it is fully automatic and not burst fire like the M16.

The AK is pretty good on the game, but not the most accurate. Great for midrange gunfights though.

Spoony

The People's President
Yeah i've got it.

Like Portal alot, glad to see there's more of that to come. Couldn't be arsed with Half life as I was addicted to CoD.

Team Fortress was ok.
HF 2 blows COD away as single player game, though. Although I'd probably addicted to COD, and all, if I had LIve too..

Nate

HF 2 blows COD away as single player game, though. Although I'd probably addicted to COD, and all, if I had LIve too..
Online is so good on CoD that i've not even bothered with the single player other than the first few levels.

muller

I loved portal, simple, confusing, original.

Portal 2 sounds like it will follow on too.

Nate

Tried Halo 3 online? if so, is it any good?
Yes, and er it's not great.

We played a fair bit of it, but once CoD came out it was gone. For me it doesn't compare.